Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Serious question for those of you that dislike Izzy so strongly:

Hypothetically, if Izzy showed up tonight would you actually be disappointed? Or is all of this shit talking a front?

I can't help but feel like this is all an act with some of you. Like some weird coping mechanism or something. It's like you're all thinking, "well, we're stuck with the hired hands so let's vilify the other two to make myself feel better about the situation"...

Bottom line is Izzy co-wrote the songs that we all love so much. The same songs that had such an impact on our lives that we're still on a forum 30 years later talking about them. Without Izzy, you wouldn't have half of the songs being played tonight.

With that said, GNR isn't and never will be just ONE musicians creation. It was and always will be FIVE guys. Axl, Duff, Izzy, Slash & Steven. How can you claim to be a fan of this band and at the same time never wish to see ALL of the musicians that helped create those songs play together again??

It just doesn't make sense to me. :no:

Best post ever. 

24 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Are you serious? I NEVER said the CURRENT lineup would sound better with Tommy, simply because it wouldn't (at least in my opinion). I said the band would sound better if it were the other four original members with Tommy.

Basically what I'm saying is the band would sound a million times better with Steven instead of Frank and Izzy instead of Richard to the point that even if you lost Duff and had to replace him with Tommy, it would still sound better than it does now.

But just to make it clear, no band has ever sounded or will ever sound half as good as the original GNR lineup. Nothing beats those five idiots together. N O T H I N G.

I quoted you above and that's what you said. Now you're trying to save face, but that's basically what you said and what it means.

That's ok. It is your opinion but I wouldn't trade Duff for Tommy EVER.

Last year, when I was at the show and I heard ISE properly sang with Duff in the second voice I felt a sense of relief and joy and I said to myself "OMG YES!!! This is how ISE it is supposed to sound, with that little voice in the background!".
Not to mention how amazing all those basslines in Rocket Queen, YCBM, Coma, Civil War, etc sound now so prominent and invigorated.

And of course the original GN'R was the best, not only because of their musicianship but because of them as people and the history they created together (both personal and professional). However, a reunion of Axl, Slash, Izzy and Steven sans Duff it is the less likely scenario simply because of how the story developed since 1990 on.

Edited by killuridols

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Hypothetically, if Izzy showed up tonight would you actually be disappointed? Or is all of this shit talking a front?

I can't help but feel like this is all an act with some of you. Like some weird coping mechanism or something. It's like you're all thinking, "well, we're stuck with the hired hands so let's vilify the other two to make myself feel better about the situation"...

Bottom line is Izzy co-wrote the songs that we all love so much. The same songs that had such an impact on our lives that we're still on a forum 30 years later talking about them. Without Izzy, you wouldn't have half of the songs being played tonight.

With that said, GNR isn't and never will be just ONE musicians creation. It was and always will be FIVE guys. Axl, Duff, Izzy, Slash & Steven. How can you claim to be a fan of this band and at the same time never wish to see ALL of the musicians that helped create those songs play together again??

I love Izzy, if he showed up tonight it'd be great (same goes for Steven). I just don't think a potential anniversary shows good or bad value depends on him or Steven showing up or being asked to perform.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I quoted you above and that's what you said. Now you're trying to save face, but that's basically what you said and what it means.

That's ok. It is your opinion but I wouldn't trade Duff for Tommy EVER.

Last year, when I was at the show and I heard ISE properly sang with Duff in the second voice I felt a sense of relief and joy and I said to myself "OMG YES!!! This is how ISE it is supposed to sound, with that little voice in the back!".
Not to mention how amazing all those basslines in Rocket Queen, YCBM, Coma, Civil War, etc sound now so prominent and invigorated.

And of course the original GN'R was the best, not only because of their musicianship but because of them as people and the history they created together (both personal and professional). However, a reunion of Axl, Slash, Izzy and Steven sans Duff it is the less likely scenario simply because of how the story developed since 1990 on.

You can't be serious, I just can't believe it!! You quote a post where I said "a lineup with the other four original members and Tommy Stinson would sound better than the current lineup" and then claim I said something else. It's ridiculous! I don't need to save face, I could have whatever opinion I wanted but I never said what you're saying and I really can't find a way to interpret my previous post that way.

I had that feeling too, last year (which was more about Slash for me) and also in 2014. It's amazing to have Duff back, I love him and his basslines. I never said otherwise, just because I think Steven makes a bigger difference to the sound of the band doesn't mean I don't like Duff.

I agree that hypothetical lineup will never happen and I'm glad about that, I'd want the five of them, not four without Duff.

35 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Are you serious? I NEVER said the CURRENT lineup would sound better with Tommy, simply because it wouldn't (at least in my opinion). I said the band would sound better if it were the other four original members with Tommy.

Basically what I'm saying is the band would sound a million times better with Steven instead of Frank and Izzy instead of Richard to the point that even if you lost Duff and had to replace him with Tommy, it would still sound better than it does now.

I agree 100%

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You can't be serious, I just can't believe it!! You quote a post where I said "a lineup with the other four original members and Tommy Stinson would sound better than the current lineup" and then claim I said something else. It's ridiculous! I don't need to save face, I could have whatever opinion I wanted but I never said what you're saying and I really can't find a way to interpret my previous post that way.

I had that feeling too, last year (which was more about Slash for me) and also in 2014. It's amazing to have Duff back, I love him and his basslines. I never said otherwise, just because I think Steven makes a bigger difference to the sound of the band doesn't mean I don't like Duff.

I agree that hypothetical lineup will never happen and I'm glad about that, I'd want the five of them, not four without Duff.

I typed wrong but I know you meant Axl, Slash, Izzy and Steven with Stinson.

Either way, it sounded too crazy for me.... I know you are entitled to your opinion and you are allowed to dream as well. My take has always been more realistic because I know some relationships are broken and some things will never happen: for example, Axl wanting to work with Steven, even more so now knowing he reluctantly agreed with him playing a couple songs in a couple shows.

7 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Woah. From Izzy and Steven not appearing tonight, now you guys are seriously talking about having Tommy replace Duff. :lol:

Now this is what you call mygnrforum! :headbang:

I don't think that is really what their point was... It all just got twisted... 

8 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

Love the current lineup, hate Izzy, don't mind Adler.. I'm happy with the way that things are

How can any Guns N' Roses fan "hate" Izzy? So perplexing...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

Love the current lineup, hate Izzy, don't mind Adler.. I'm happy with the way that things are

Not sure how you can hate Izzy when your a GN'R fan? It's like saying you don't like chocolate whilst your stuffing your face with a Snickers. 

• Like 3

I saw GNR many times on the Illusions tour with Gilby and Matt and I don't remember anybody complaining that it wasn't the original Appetite lineup. Just an observation. Fans, be grateful that AXL, SLASH , and DUFF are together, healthy, and still touring! ???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

I saw GNR many times on the Illusions tour with Gilby and Matt and I don't remember anybody complaining that it wasn't the original Appetite lineup. Just an observation. Fans, be grateful that AXL, SLASH , and DUFF are together, healthy, and still touring! ???

thats because they were touring an awesome new album on that tour... actually 2 awesome new albums... there wasnt much to complain about but there where still a few who did

21 minutes ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Not sure how you can hate Izzy when your a GN'R fan? It's like saying you don't like chocolate whilst your stuffing your face with a Snickers. 

37 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

How can any Guns N' Roses fan "hate" Izzy? So perplexing..

While I agree with both of you, as I am a BIG fan of ALL the original and even replacement members up until the band split, this person hating on IZZY is no different than the hate that is often spewed toward other band members and the collective band in general on a daily basis. There are lots of people that frequently post here that open profess to dislike the band and most it's music. So nothing surprises me anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Out of likes. Perfect post.

I think for a lot of us, the current lineup/situation with the band would be a lot easier if Izzy straight out said he just doesn't want to tour stadiums. The fact that he's been left out and expected to just guest in a reunion of something he helped make, that wouldnt't have been jack sh*t without him, is bullsh*t. It just is. Steven I mean hey, I get it. He's too much of a risk to be the only drummer, but even he got left high and dry.

Ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

"I hate Izzy" this forum never ceases to surprise me. 

tenor.gif

Welcome to 2017. And the internet. Where manic depressive morons argue, for the sake of arguing. I guess things are too simple when we all get along :lol::facepalm:

#WheresIzzy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

I saw GNR many times on the Illusions tour with Gilby and Matt and I don't remember anybody complaining that it wasn't the original Appetite lineup. Just an observation.

That is because Gilby and Matt sounded 100 times better than Frank and Fortus.. If Fortus and Frank didn't suck I don't think it would be as big of an issue for some.. I know that is teh case for me anyway.. Besides all this talk is about an Appetite 30th anniversary show which brings another whole angle to it..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

No, fuck that. Either have a special show, or just fuck off and keep doing your NITL circus shitshow... 

Listen, I was happy to hear about Axl rekindling the relationship with Slash and Duff and playing on stage together again. All good, old brothers. What can I say, fantastic!

But this shitshow has gone too far if they don't have Izzy and Steven playing later on.

Yea, it's just a band, it's just music. But what's the difference between this and religion? Or politics? Same stuff. 

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

This shitshow of a "reunion" could have at least been justified by this "band" releasing new music...if they did, I think you'd see more people making a case that an AFD5 reunion would be backpeddling and they'd be regressing. But they're not doing that, instead Slash Duff and Axl are cash grabbing over entitlement. Sad, really

9 hours ago, supercool said:

IMG_6847.jpg

This is just a ''no'', not a ''no, they will not be there'', she was convenient and smartly vague, GnR fans really like to overreact everything. For me, she just said the hashtags didn't mean anything special, she didn't confirmed, neither unconfirmed anything.

7 minutes ago, downliner said:

Half is an understatement :P

15505xz.jpg

The Big Three (Appetite songs not co-written by Izzy) :lol:

We really all need more likes :P 

3 out of 12, not by Izzy. Game, set, match. So 75% of the most iconic debut rock album of all time, wouldn't exist without aa guy left out of this cash grab.

Well, can't argue facts

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1