Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well, it's 2017. People like arguing that the sky is Green on here, idk :lol:

You're argument would be along the lines of "I like green. I'd like the sky to be green. The sky SHOULD be green. It's bullshit the sky isn't green! The sky should rightfully be green because I want it to be!"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well, it's 2017. People like arguing that the sky is Green on here, idk :lol:

I can debate  just about anything. 

But I can't have a rational conversation with somebody who is literally making up their main point. 

At this point I guess I will just let him have his victory.

Molando - yes. You win, bruh. Izzy shouldn't get paid more for the shares he sold 20 years ago. Of course, Izzy NEVER asked to get paid more for them. Oddly, that fact isn't relevant to you for some reason.  

So you win your pretend scenario. Congrats?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

I can debate  just about anything. 

But I can't have a rational conversation with somebody who is literally making up their main point. 

At this point I guess I will just let him have his victory.

Molando - yes. You win, bruh. Izzy shouldn't get paid more for the shares he sold 20 years ago. Of course, Izzy NEVER asked to get paid more for them. Oddly, that fact isn't relevant to you for some reason.  

So you win your pretend scenario. Congrats?

Nah, it's a Mike Modano Reference. And not one of the better attempts I've read.

On the other hand, I'm talking to you, who I legit don't like. My, how the tables have turned :P

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

You're argument would be along the lines of "I like green. I'd like the sky to be green. The sky SHOULD be green. It's bullshit the sky isn't green! The sky should rightfully be green because I want it to be!"

No, the argument is that the sky is blue. I see it as blue, yet you want to argue that it's green. I mean, it's one thing when you have a case. But you have nothing. The best you have, is to present some sort of case, that GNR were united, by fighting each other brutally with their wallets in court, and they were somehow more united than those who didn't step up for some satirical case. And the problem is, the argument is flawed. I mean, you're justifying alleged dollars to names, you have no clue about. And you knew 6 psts ago you had nothing, so you keep tring to spin something that has legs that couldn't grow a nail.

Keep going. Your turn, bro

5 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

No Izzy and Steven.....

ylWjx_f-maxage-0.gif

We all know that post is an attempt for cheap likes.

It's not about that, it's the reasons as to why. If I'm making 3 million a show, and I can drp down to 2.85 for the sake of giving you what's coming to you, it' a fair trade. Now to be fair, those aren't exact numbers. Establishing that because, someone who's jus pro-GNR can't do anything wrong won't like that. Cuz they're a snowflake.

Point is, they're making great cash regardless. And they sound fine. It feels more right if Izzy Is there, regardless of Richie Rich Fortus.. The drummer sucks regardless and Steven sounds great, doesn't care what he gets paid.

That's reality. Hard to justify volunteers for average workers

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

We all know that post is an attempt for cheap likes.

It's not about that, it's the reasons as to why. If I'm making 3 million a show, and I can drp down to 2.85 for the sake of giving you what's coming to you, it' a fair trade. Now to be fair, those aren't exact numbers. Establishing that because, someone who's jus pro-GNR can't do anything wrong won't like that. Cuz they're a snowflake.

Point is, they're making great cash regardless. And they sound fine. It feels more right if Izzy Is there, regardless of Richie Rich Fortus.. The drummer sucks regardless and Steven sounds great, doesn't care what he gets paid.

That's reality. Hard to justify volunteers for average workers

I believe you misunderstood me

It's a travesty of sorts that S/D/A were unwilling to step back and let the album they created together with Izzy and Steven be applauded and celebrated as it should be...with the five of them together

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Please share the link that showed Izzy saying he wanted the same pay as Axl. Thanks in advance. 

A show to celebrate an album's anniversary should have all the members there. I realize Axl and TB don't do things the rational or common sense way. But this no-brainer. Izzy and Adler have to be there in some capacity. 

Melissa is going to be in on the 30th anniversary special concert....but not Izzy? That's just laughable. 

Surely those two band members, who helped create Appetite, have been invited to the celebration. 

Show me the link where it says the Apollo show was a 30th anniversary show? There is nothing to suggest that it was. No hashtags on the poster..etc

Time Square add looks a separate promo from Sirius concert.

• Like 1

Just now, Axl_morris said:

Show me the link where it says the Apollo show was a 30th anniversary show? There is nothing to suggest that it was. No hashtags on the poster..etc

Time Square add looks a separate promo from Sirius concert.

Yup...people on here hype everything up.

This show was to promote the Sirius radio.

8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Bull, he proved it in 01, 06 and all previous cd era tours worldwide (America being the only place that wasn't as sold on it) that people buy tickets to see Axl Rose with or without other members. 

Also, 'what if, what if'. It is a fact that Axl is the overall boss. It is in print and in loads of video interviews that Axl doesn't consider Izzy dependable. It's also well known that while he probably has fond memories of Steven that up until a few years ago he considered him to be someone to stay clear of because the baggage he brought. I have no doubt (no real evidence granted) that, the few songs he got to play was down to Slash and Duff making it happen. 

If they all wanted to play but couldn't agree on money, then the thing shouldn't happen in the first place. Why not just get together play a free show if you want to celebrate the album, or would they just want to make a few more quid? I'd prefer them to do it and actually want to be in stage with each other, and if that's not the case then let the current band take care of the anniversary.

Bull.... You cannot base your arguments on possibilities and has-beens... 01 was merely 7 years after GnR breakdown. 06 was the "Chinese Democracy Starts Now" era type of thing..

After this reunion Axl cannot do anything other than that. He toured the same material for 15 years. You cannot go back and forth with peoples minds and emotions. Reunion-no reunion. That's not how it goes.

Technically yes, he is the boss. But to what... GnR is brand I admit that. But even Ashba or others have as much integrity not to come back if Axl decides to give them a call.

Is he gonna start a new band..yeah right..good luck with that..

25 minutes ago, Bono said:

You have to be incredibly naive to think they didn't know exactly what they were doing by having the Apollo show on this day and then litter Times Square with AFD 30th Anniversary billboards. They knew exactly what they were doing. They absolutely promoted something they never intended to do or give. You may say technically they didn't promote this show as an AFD anniversary show but that's exactly how they promoted it and we all know it. 

haha Ummmm.... GnR hype their own shit up and never deliver. They hype shit they have no intentions of delivering. How can some of you be so attached to GnR's balls that you don't see this. It's the same shit as to why Axl, Slash and Duff don't do interviews. They know if they do the questions will lead to a new album and if they get asked that they either have to lie or tell the truth that they have zero intentions of making new music. So they promote this tour with the illusion that maybe they will create new music. Just like this Apollo show. It was very obviously promoted under illusion it would be to celebrate the 30th anniversary of AFD. Given the billboards in Times Square and the date of the show it's beyond fucking obvious what they were promoting(with zero intention of delivering). To say it wasn't is to be the most naive person in the world. That or the biggest GnR ass kiss and apologist in the world. 

In what way did they not celebrate, didn't they play 8 or 9 songs from appetite? Just because they have done that at other shows doesn't give it any less credit. 

The celebrated the anniversary as best they could. Could you imagine if they brought Izzy and Steven out and the next show in St Louis its back to normal...

3 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

The celebrated the anniversary as best they could. Could you imagine if they brought Izzy and Steven out and the next show in St Louis its back to normal...

No way, man... if they celebrated it the best they could, they wouldn't have sporty spice and those other people up there, and they wouldn't be playing the same setlist that they've been playing every damn show for over a year now.

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

No way, man... if they celebrated it the best they could, they wouldn't have sporty spice and those other people up there, and they wouldn't be playing the same setlist that they've been playing every damn show for over a year now.

At 3 hours and 15mins+ there is little argument to complain about setlist.

Just now, Axl_morris said:

At 3 hours and 15mins+ there is little argument to complain about setlist.

Yes there is, seeing as it was an anniversary they could have played the entire album with all the people involved. But we don't even know what the deal is with Izzy, so I'll give you that. But I'm sure Steven would have been there if they had given him the chance.

• Like 1

Nothing says #Appetite30th like 'Whole Lotta Rosie'

Nothing says #Appetite30th like 'Black Hole Sun'

Nothing says #Appetite30th like 'The Seeker'

Nothing says #Appetite30th like @themelisareese

Nothing says #Appetite30th like New York City

Nothing says #Appetite30th like SiriusXM

Nothing says #Appetite30th like The Apollo

Nothing says #Appetite30th like Richard Fortus' boob

I say #FuckYouAxlRose

#Loot

I'm not surprised but I am insulted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dar97 said:

I imagine they didn't invite Steven because of the incident that happened last time, he said he felt really hurt when he saw Frank playing his songs and he got angry and started slagging Frank off

Steven is happy when he can just play 2 songs. As said before there is no excuse for not inviting him, Matt, etc. And as said many times before by other people: Axl is living in his own world. 

• Like 3