RICHARD FORTUS Says 'Everyone Is Excited' About Possibility Of New Album

3 hours ago, default_ said:

And because he is talented. Richard isnt just a random joe.

I know he's talented, I think the 'haha' part proved my post was lighthearted. I'd still like to see his paycheck in comparison to the big three from the very beginning of this tour until now. I think that'd really tell a story. 

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

What a great time to be a Guns fan given the three fifths reunion that's all about money and Richard saying that an album is probable. 

It's all about the money as It should be. No one on this forum goes to work for free. Name one thing In society that Isn't based on money. Hospitals, restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, malls, sports teams, attorneys and last but certainly not least, that adult world right down the street that people try and hide by parking around back In daylight hours. 

Edited by ironmt

25 minutes ago, ironmt said:

It's all about the money as It should be. No one on this forum goes to work for free. Name one thing In society that Isn't based on money. Hospitals, restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, malls, sports teams, attorneys and last but certainly not least, that adult world right down the street that people try and hide by parking around back In daylight hours. 

Are you Gene Simmons by any chance?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are you Gene Simmons by any chance?

That was actually pretty funny. We have to be realistic about the situation though. The band Is paying huge money to be on the road and bring the show to as many Countries as possible. So why would It not be about the money? They certainly are not touring for something to do. 

27 minutes ago, ironmt said:

That was actually pretty funny. We have to be realistic about the situation though. The band Is paying huge money to be on the road and bring the show to as many Countries as possible. So why would It not be about the money? They certainly are not touring for something to do. 

Reminds me of that Stephen Stills quote about Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's infamous 1974 reunion tour, quoting from memory: ''we did one for the art and music, one for the chicks, this one is for the cash''.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Reminds me of that Stephen Stills quite about Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's infamous 1974 reunion tour, quoting from memory: ''we did one for the art and music, one for the chicks, this one is for the cash''.

There you go, pretty fitting. 

14 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Who gives a shit if it's about money. The shows wouldnt be less epic if it were for different reasons. This money argument is just plain stupid.

Now this I thoroughly disagree with. A tour motivated by art and/or music will be infinitely superior to a show motivated by solely pecuniary considerations.

On 30.7.2017 at 10:11 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Somewhere in some alternate universe the band never broke up and there are fans with dozens and dozens of Guns N' Roses records laughing at us.

Somewhere in som alternate universe the band never came together and we are laughing at them.

21 hours ago, Sosso said:

Like it or not,  but the big four of this tour are Axl, Slash, Duff and Richard. Richard has survived every line-up change since 2002 and he is cleary more than just a “hired hand“.

Like it or not, there isn't a "big four" in GNR right now, just a "big three" and everybody else is just an hired hand for a fact.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Like it or not, there isn't a "big four" in GNR right now, just a "big three" and everybody else is just an hired hand for a fact.

Get your facts straight, please

Edited by Sosso

As much as I like Richard, until the band releases something new everyone except Axl, Slash, Duff and Dizzy is expendable. I want Richard to stay, but until they do something new together he represents nothing for GNR. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 3:22 AM, Sunset Boulevard said:

Richard Fortus is the Ronnie Wood of Guns N' Roses

On 7/25/2017 at 9:28 PM, default_ said:

Fortus is great

On 7/26/2017 at 10:59 AM, Sunset Boulevard said:

Richard is as important as Slash in the band right now.

Richard is a key member of Guns N' Roses and will be until the end. get used to him.

finally some people are talking sense on this forum!

for all you non-believers, here is the undisputed evidence that RICHARD FORTUS IS GUNS N ROSES!

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Richard is not part of some supposed "big four", that's a fact, everything else is just what you wish.

The band released that stupid video with a timeline, there was no mention of Richard at all. There's nothing special about him compared to the other employees (I mean, he's by far the one I like the most but that doesn't make him a member). He's been there with Axl for a few more years than Frank, but a few less decades than Dizzy. Dizzy has written songs (that got released), Richard hasn't. He gets more attention than the other three employees because he's a guitar player and he gets to move on stage as he wants, while the others are stuck in the back, that obviously doesn't make him any more important, it would be the same with Bumblefoot, DJ, Finck or Gilby.

There's only one guy in the entire world who would ask for a refund if Richard got fired and replaced by someone else. And that's if GNR goes back to France at some point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

You are claiming Richard is on par with Axl, Slash and Duff but I have to get my facts straight? Sure...

Fortus might have his solo spot here and there but still he's just an employee. He's nowhere near of the big three, deal with it. You may like him a lot, that's ok but stop being delusional.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

finally some people are talking sense on this forum!

for all you non-believers, here is the undisputed evidence that RICHARD FORTUS IS GUNS N ROSES!

2 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

No he isn't. McBob is Guns n' Roses. I'll fight you, if need be. :lol:

What is wrong with you two? :max: Have you forgotten about the man, the myth, the legend that is the heart and soul of GNR??? :bitchfight:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

What is wrong with you two? :max: Have you forgotten about the man, the myth, the legend that is the heart and soul of GNR??? :bitchfight:

giphy.gif

Heart and soul of Gn'R ? You are talking about Chris Pitman aren't you? ;)

(I clicked your link after I guessed it was Chris...so good to know we are on same page here )

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

He may get his chance to be important to band and fanbase someday, when they release something that he actually contributes, but for now he is just a VERY talented musician, the best rythm guitarrist the band has ever had after Izzy and Id love him to get his chance cause Ive listened to pretty much everything he has released (he has released a lot of stuff, way more than gnr and even Slash) and he is versatille, creative and Im pretty sure he'll be a good asset. 

But a big four with Fortus now? Not this time. 

Edited by default_

I like Richard a lot- and think he has been a great fit for Guns for a long time. To the extent any media/casual fans really care about someone outside the "Big 3" though- I would have to guess it would be the guy (Dizzy) who plays on UYI, TSI? and GH, played on the legendary UYI Tour, is in the "Trilogy" videos and was inducted into the RNRHOF (not to mention longer and more significant involvement in Chinese than Richard had).

Now if the "Second Half of Chinese" ever does come out (have my doubts personally) and Richard's a super star throughout, etc. right along-side Axl/Slash/Duff for what would be a big "comeback" album (at least from original music POV)- then there might be something to talk about IMHO...

1 hour ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

I like Richard a lot- and think he has been a great fit for Guns for a long time. To the extent any media/casual fans really care about someone outside the "Big 3" though- I would have to guess it would be the guy (Dizzy) who plays on UYI, TSI? and GH, played on the legendary UYI Tour, is in the "Trilogy" videos and was inducted into the RNRHOF (not to mention longer and more significant involvement in Chinese than Richard had).

Now if the "Second Half of Chinese" ever does come out (have my doubts personally) and Richard's a super star throughout, etc. right along-side Axl/Slash/Duff for what would be a big "comeback" album (at least from original music POV)- then there might be something to talk about IMHO...

Pretty much. Just look at who the spotlight is on during the gigs - that tells the story. It's most noticeable during the Apollo gig where only Duff, Slash and Axl have a spotlight on them.