RICHARD FORTUS Says 'Everyone Is Excited' About Possibility Of New Album

23 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Pretty much. Just look at who the spotlight is on during the gigs - that tells the story. It's most noticeable during the Apollo gig where only Duff, Slash and Axl have a spotlight on them. 

Well to be fair and not sure if it's the truth, but heard that the Apollo is a really old theatre which only had 3 spotlights. And of course those 3 lights would be on the big 3.

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well to be fair and not sure if it's the truth, but heard that the Apollo is a really old theatre which only had 3 spotlights. And of course those 3 lights would be on the big 3.

Not every spotlight has to be permanently on the same member.

13 hours ago, RONIN said:

Pretty much. Just look at who the spotlight is on during the gigs - that tells the story. It's most noticeable during the Apollo gig where only Duff, Slash and Axl have a spotlight on them. 

As it should be. There is no one else on that stage worth seeing.

2 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

The term "big 3" is dumb, and should not be used by ANYONE. 

Yeah. In a way it is. It implies that those 3 are bigger than the rest of original GNR. But if we apply it to current GNR, they are the big 3. The others, who are touring with them, don't count.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. In a way it is. It implies that those 3 are bigger than the rest of original GNR. But if we apply it to current GNR, they are the big 3. The others, who are touring with them, don't count.

I disagree. It just implies those 3 are bigger then the rest of the current lineup.

As it should be since they're the original members and are responsible for the bands legacy.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

Big 7

The term Big 3 is dumb from a certain point of view. But Big 7 is just factually wrong.

57 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I disagree. It just implies those 3 are bigger then the rest of the current lineup.

As it should be since they're the original members and are responsible for the bands legacy.

That's just what I said.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

There's a difference between being bigger than the rest of the original lineup or being bigger than the rest of the current lineup.

And that's what I pointed out. But some could take it the wrong way and understand that the "big 3" are bigger than the rest of the original lineup, so therefore it is a dumb term from a certain point of view and is open for misinterpretation.

I just watched a documentary on youtube about Slash and his band recording World On Fire. They seem really excited about how they work together and creating music. I'm not convinced that GNR will get back in the studio together. Slash may take time off after this leg of the tour to do another album with his band. I mean... I'd love a legendary final record (or 2, or 3) from the current lineup of GNR, but unless Axl shows huge motivation and gets his parts done, it won't happen. I'm sure Slash, Richard, and Duff could write a great album musically (in probably 3 months), but we're talking about Axl committing and getting his shit done. The pressure would be insane to do it, and do it right.

Edited by Ak1nney

12 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Axl will be tied up with ACDC. IMO.

I hope you're wrong, I rather have an Axl Rose solo album (really solo, with his own name on it) than a AC/DC album with him. He did good on the gigs but AC/DC and Axl are two different beasts, two different kinds that cant really mix together. Axl is almost a emo diva these days while AC/DC is all about rock n' roll and thats why the fanbase will never accept it. I strongelly believe that if Axl get so bashed again for a recording he'll never do it again, being unstable of his mind as he is, he should stay away from AC/DC and work his own shit out.

16 minutes ago, default_ said:

I hope you're wrong, I rather have an Axl Rose solo album (really solo, with his own name on it) than a AC/DC album with him. He did good on the gigs but AC/DC and Axl are two different beasts, two different kinds that cant really mix together. Axl is almost a emo diva these days while AC/DC is all about rock n' roll and thats why the fanbase will never accept it. I strongelly believe that if Axl get so bashed again for a recording he'll never do it again, being unstable of his mind as he is, he should stay away from AC/DC and work his own shit out.

If GNR had never broken up and if they had a great amount of records released already I were open minded for an AC/DC album with Axl, but due to the circumstances we have, I would get really - and I mean REALLY - pissed at him when he's gonna release anything before he puts his effort in writing and recording an album with Duff and Slash.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

And that's what I pointed out. But some could take it the wrong way and understand that the "big 3" are bigger than the rest of the original lineup, so therefore it is a dumb term from a certain point of view and is open for misinterpretation.

I still disagree. I don't think anybody would take this as devaluation towards Izzy and Steven. I think some have a problem with it because the rest of the lineup may come out short. But it is what it is, they are hired hands and everybody on this forum should know it's just a term for A,S and D.

18 hours ago, Free Bird said:

If GNR had never broken up and if they had a great amount of records released already I were open minded for an AC/DC album with Axl, but due to the circumstances we have, I would get really - and I mean REALLY - pissed at him when he's gonna release anything before he puts his effort in writing and recording an album with Duff and Slash.

This. The guy is in charge of one of the most iconic bands of all time, they're doing wonders and reconquering the fanbase they've lost... Axl'd be the dumbest person alive if he throw the chance of reestabilishing his own band away in favor of someonelse's band.

I'd love to see him doing something else, I love AC/DC and maybe a project with Angus would be great, but not now, its time for GNR now.

• Like 3

If I'm not mistaken- "Big 3"'s been around since the UYI days after Izzy left. For better or worse- it's just a reality that A/S/D were the guy's that soldiered through one of the most legendary tours of all-time, became the "faces" of the band in massive music videos, clashed swords with Metallica and the grunge world, etc. And soon as they reassembled- it was back to touring stadiums. Apt term in my book- as I think it's more a "drawing power"/commercial thing than anything else- and the track record is undeniable between the UYI World Tour and NITL.