Alternate Setlist Songs for this Leg of NITL Tour (picture)

3 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Maybe out of all the fucking shows I'm going to this year, I can see this lineup play There Was A Time.

Perfect Crime would be cool too.

TWAT was cool to hear in San Diego, I was really fucking surprised they busted that one out lol

• Like 1

What I am amazed by is how little the setlist changed with the addition of Slash and Duff. They added Coma, DTJ, and Yesterdays (part-time).

When Guns start re-visiting tour stops, they need a new arrangement. Strip down the covers and add more original stuff, guys. Do the Round 2 Arena part of this never-ending, no new music Tour by 1) hitting the classics, a must do; 2) doing the GNR songs the members love to play; and 3) Give the fans rarely performed songs from AFD, Lies, and Illusions.

This is a touring band as far as anyone can tell. So Tour then....play to the fans the best you can!

• Like 1

The crew should put a giant postage stamp on the top of this set list because they are officially mailing it in now.  The set list is virtually unchanged since last year.  It's like watching a Broadway show each night of a band dressing up and playing like GNR.  Michelle OR OTGM and Patience OR Don't Cry...but always The Seeker...that's the proverbial kick in the nuts.

14 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I don't disagree with you, but Rosie doesn't make any sense. Besides, I'm not sure Angus would allow Guns doing one of his songs. Unless he gets to be apart of it. Having said that, Slash plays it better than Angus does (Apollo soundboard), so I'm not sure I would want Angus even on it, even though I love him.

Besides, Rosie is NOT a staple, The Seeker is. Its in the cards I bet, whether us die hard like it or not. I personally don't mind, I like the song and they play the shit out of it. Better than The Who imo.

They've already released live versions of both these songs (Rosie on the Japanese EP & Seeker on the Appetite For Democracy deluxe 2 CD/Blu-ray) so they're both technically part of the Guns 's catalog already, so it doesn't surprise me that get played frequently.

Edited by The Matinator
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's time for another round of Russ Says Things That Other People Hate:

I saw them do Think About You in 2002 and I went to the bathroom during it because I just don't like the song.

Agree. My least favorite AFD song. 

As of the alt setlist, Perfect Crime is the only cool one to see. Imagine if Locomotive is listed. Lol

3 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

What I am amazed by is how little the setlist changed with the addition of Slash and Duff. They added Coma, DTJ, and Yesterdays (part-time).

When Guns start re-visiting tour stops, they need a new arrangement. Strip down the covers and add more original stuff, guys. Do the Round 2 Arena part of this never-ending, no new music Tour by 1) hitting the classics, a must do; 2) doing the GNR songs the members love to play; and 3) Give the fans rarely performed songs from AFD, Lies, and Illusions.

This is a touring band as far as anyone can tell. So Tour then....play to the fans the best you can!

Rarely performed songs is probably what i dream of by now, along with a new song... 

I can already imagine the "no i won't" and the garden comes out of nowhere with slash walking from the dark back of the stage while using the slide...

Do you all remember the GnR VIP book that was made available for purchase to Nightrain members last winter? I bought one and they had a photo in it of a setlist from rehearsal. Included on this setlist was Think About You, Pretty Tied Up, 14 Years, and Dust n Bones. I would take a photo of it but I don't know how to post it here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Matinator said:

They've already released live versions of both these songs (Rosie on the Japanese EP & Seeker on the Appetite For Democracy deluxe 2 CD/Blu-ray) so they're both technically part of the Guns 's catalog already, so it doesn't surprise me that get played frequently.

Ya I don't know if I consider Appetite for Democracy an official Guns release. I think we would all rather just forget about that one.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I don't want to see them perform Perfect Crime.

I think we should remember this song the way it should be performed:

It would be sad to watch them play this now. Keep it retired.

I agree with you enitirely. There is just no way Axl could do this song now. I think it stays there just in case he is feeling it. And since he never has skayed it since UYI, I'm assuming he knows he can't do it either. 

On 28/07/2017 at 2:54 PM, Darkenchantress said:

The only change on the set list right now that would make me go to see another show would be "14 years" or "Dust and bones", if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: I'm not interested in more of the same. 

Sadly they could still do Dust N' Bones as Duff sang it once after Izzy left in GN'R and he has played it many times with Loaded over the years. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 4:37 PM, Iron MikeyJ said:

I don't disagree with you, but Rosie doesn't make any sense. Besides, I'm not sure Angus would allow Guns doing one of his songs. Unless he gets to be apart of it. Having said that, Slash plays it better than Angus does (Apollo soundboard), so I'm not sure I would want Angus even on it, even though I love him.

Besides, Rosie is NOT a staple, The Seeker is. Its in the cards I bet, whether us die hard like it or not. I personally don't mind, I like the song and they play the shit out of it. Better than The Who imo.

As someone pointed out Guns put out a live cover in the 80's on the Live From The Jungle EP and the same recording was a b-side on the Sweet Child O' Mine single re-release. It was from the Marquee show in London, Guns have been playing Rosie since the club days. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

As someone pointed out Guns put out a live cover in the 80's on the Live From The Jungle EP and the same recording was a b-side on the Sweet Child O' Mine single re-release. It was from the Marquee show in London, Guns have been playing Rosie since the club days. 

I know. I had Rosie on a cassette tape that someone gave me once upon a time. Before this thing called the "internetz" existed, that was the only way I could listen to that song. So I am well aware of the history of that song. ?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 0:56 AM, PirateRadio said:

I wasn't one to complain about the set lists but they really have officially gotten boring. I hope they make some changes for the Arena tour.

On 2017-07-28 at 0:51 PM, Johnny Nightrain said:

I know they played "Black Hole Sun," but since it's not on the list I wonder if they are going to phase it out. 

Also, I might be out of the loop, but what do the red stars indicate? 

I think it might be Pyro.

10 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Is there really any beliefs this is fake? This is the similiar font and style to the papers we've been seeing since The Troubadour, it's definitely not a fake.

Yeah, like I said, if my friend, a female in her 40s, stayed up all night to post a fake setlist, I'd legitimately be pretty shocked. I get it, though... good to question everything.

• Like 1