UNSEEN AXL ROSE 1987 PHOTO hanging at the BlueNote in Winnipeg in 1987, plus original Winnipeg paper reviews of GNR shows in 1987 and 1988 (and more)

Nice article about GNR with unseen (to me at least) Axl photo hanging at the local Winnipeg bar

Reporter says Axl and Slash were hanging at the local bar and "at one point, they got up and did Heartbreak Hotel"

23-year-old Axl Rose at the BlueNote in Winnipeg in 1987

...at one point, they got up and did Heartbreak Hotel and my friend Mitch Potter said the guy (Axl) has a siren of a voice

Article also has original Winnipeg paper reviews of the GNR shows in 1987 and 1988...

FULL ARTICLE = https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/music/every-rose-has-its-thorns-441525643.html

Edited by ludurigan

Awesome! 

Sad that the comrodery of the band collapsed after 88. Then Axl damaging his voice on UYI tour, Steven and Izzy going away, Axl with all his therapy, Slash and Duff with the drugs, and at the root of it all was the money. They fell into all the classic traps of big bands and did it rather quickly haha wish this era had lasted longer 

They used to hit local dive bars back in the day on off nights.  They would often play a mini set.  They did that in Mpls back in '89 or so.  Axl still had that in him back when he joined Gilby in what '99 or so.  Can't remember that happening since.  

18 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Great photo.  Axl in the bandana and leathers was always my favourite of his many styles. 

LOL the guy in the background with his 80s moustache and fly eye glasses.  

I used to do my hair like the blonde girl, it was a kind of wave effect. :lol:  Sometimes I miss the 80s. 

Axl look seem modern, but  ths girl look is very outdated 😃

• Like 1