10/16/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

9 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Badass. Axl was on fire throughout that whole show! Maybe he knew you were there and he's aware of how critical you are haha. ;)

Haha he didn't seem to care about my presence in El Paso! But like I've said he killed it in the garden last night. He did what he could to the fullest and it was worth every penny. It's a treat when you catch a show where things seem to click amongst the whole band.

I will say Slash's solos on Estranged were terrible. It made the second half almost unrecognizable which is a shame bc those are iconic in themselves. However he was as good as I've seen him the rest of the time. 

But back to Axl, I hope he keeps this up...it felt like he had gotten so stale where he was constantly bad from start of 2017 to Rio. There were no signs of improvement, but now we are starting to see or hear something that resembles what he could do in 2016. Which by anyone's standards is a great show. It will be interesting to see what he's got in LA next month 

10 hours ago, Derick said:

I think that Duff was talking about 2014 GIGs when he "back" to the band for that South America tour and then some GIGs in N.A. bc was this time that he needed to listened the songs as a player. What I understood from that China Exchange and Globo´s interview is that was Duff and Slash that took a step forward and started rehearsing the songs and then they asked Axl which ones he wanted to play.Well maybe I misunderstood ..

No, that's a fair assessment.  I assumed Axl was driving the CD thing for NITL but yeah, maybe it was Duff...not sure about Slash?  Not enough information for me to think Slash was totally enthusiastic about pushing CD songs, but we do know that Duff really likes the album.  

18 hours ago, koldweather said:

My Michelle has shown huge improvements since the last leg, sounds good now, and the last section is pure rasp, i was pleasantly surprised.

Overall, it was incredibly good and tight. Axl too. I personally believe and think, he really does have a built-in, full-on raspy Axl switch he flicks on and off at will. Probably the bad show nights like pro-shot RiR, he’s in a bad shitty mood for whatever reason and his heart’s just not into it. Just a theory of mine. 

As far as TWAT goes, it’s a good album song. Not really a good live tune. Tempo doesn’t fit with the flow of the set very well. iRS on the other hand?? I’d take a live iRS over TWAT any day of the year...

Edited by Crowebar

15 hours ago, RONIN said:

LOL That's hilarious. He actually spots it at 4:24 and covers up with the guitar. :lol::facepalm:

LOL. The way he turns around and walks off backwards. Unleashed his snake out of the pit

Didn't the same thing happen to Lenny Kravitz? Well now they got even more in common!

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Haha 1