09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

30 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Just  woke... got no time to read 70 pages...

How was the show? Disaster? Bigger than 2011? 

Ok.. anyone got link for HD full show download?

@Gibbo ?

I dont think it was that great but mainly due the technical problems for the first half of the show the band probably could hear what was going on causing timing problems. Nightrain the stand out I think

Edited by Gibbo

If you are going to defend it you are rather resigning yourself to a huge degradation in quality, aren't you, like Sinatra fans were doing in the 1980s? ''yes, he was trying his hardest and it is as good as other (contemporary) shows and I enjoyed myself etc etc''. I suppose the way to go about it with Rose is judge it by solely 2011- , and disregard the performances before that year. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that particular approach as everybody wants to see the best in their acts, but there is certainly more than an element of myopia present.

7 minutes ago, dgnr said:

So...uhm...yeah, my take on this is that Stradlin, when left, jinxed their Rock In Rio sets. 'You bitches, I can't take any of your crap anymore, so everytime you play RIR you're gonna fuckin die'. And Axl even fucked up Jungle intro. I mean how? Bring Stradlin back, end this shit :P 

Now seriously, Mickey Mouse is trending on Brazilian twitter. The man is idolized there. How come this happen? Are they crazy doing the US arena tour after this? That voice needs to rest. And he needs to re-learn how to sing some songs again. And rehearse for fuck's sake!! A lot of troubles in this gig were because of lack of rehearsing. 

Nevertheless, I think he hit the stage nervous as fuck and that was one of the reasons why he sounded so off. He forgot lyrics, was out of breath, out of tempo, some voice cracks. He even inserted Mickey on ISE. Did that ever happen before? :wow: As the show went by I think he got better and the encore was acceptable. His best song was 'The Seeker'. And my favorite was Layla, because at the end of the day is always unbelievable to see Axl at that piano surrounded by Slash and Duff and in such a good quality. All in all I'm grateful for that. I don't think it was a disaster but, shit, he didn't sound like this on the European shows or Apollo. What the fuck happened? He can't be sounding ok 2 weeks ago and sound like this today. RIR shows are cursed, there's not even a reasonable explanation for this :no:

I totally agree with you here from what little I've listened to.  Haven't heard Coma yet.  I think he needs to rehearse and soundcheck.  He also needs to pay more attention to vocal technique and training, which I'm guessing from this, he doesn't.  It's obvious that he isn't breathing correctly and his 'technique' is all over the place.  If he wants to keep touring like this, he's going to have to be more professional in his approach to singing than he has been, or is used to being at any rate.  

People forget he is damn over 50 years old... not 20 year old anymore. you can't compare with other 50 year old vocalists because every human is diffrent. You can't repair vocal folds like a broken string on a guitar.

Yea his voice is weak but the soundboard of the show was really bad mixed and low quality, that gives the feeling it sounds like a bad Indy band who has thier first gig. I watched the stream and i think he sounds the same like the Apollo gig in New York and i really like the Apollo Gig... it has great Moments.

i bet my ass that the crowd was very happy and rocked the sh*t out thier bodies. That's the matter... and not a bad stream with bad sound mixing.