09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

The band (mainly Axl) need a rest. Its clear on songs such as coma he was really struggling. As much as i love Frank his drumming seems to be getting worse and there are far too many covers in the set. Im not dissing the band cos i saw them twice in Europe (slane and London) and they were amazing but the set is getting tired now. Wish they'd have a year off and come back with a new show/set and maybe even a couple of new songs? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Happens though in a live setting + he can't hear himself sometimes.

it must have happened once or twice during the Guns n Roses era and i swear i didnt really noticed it. it happens 18 zillion times per show these days and not only it is noticeable but is horrible. what does it tell you?

44 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

Axl fucking killed it, what an amazing concert, the whole band was amazing, at this point is clear some people are just internet trolls and will never really take anything seriously or like what the band(mostly Axl) is doing, fuck the haters.

And the 2011 disaster was the last time my sister saw a GnR concert, she hated it like any sane person, she doesn't follow much music news, so 2011 was still fresh in her mind and fear, lol... she loved this 2017 RiR concert, so fucking good, we saw on tv by the way, even yesterdays sounded good, i ran to the bathroom thinking Axl would fuck this up but he didn't, fucking awesome. One of the greatest moments of this year to me, great concert, my sister was happy, coudn't be better. :headbang::axl92::headbang:

axl killed it? you are in denial... it will pass. (i think)

52 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I watched using NordVPN.

The stream would hiccup every once in a while.

However, I think that was on the Globo side.

The HDTV 1080p torrent is online!

It's nearly 27GB, but should blow the webcast away!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=601676

@GNRfanMILO

It's not downloading for me right now by the way, apparently it only has one seeder

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 1

Rock in Rio: Guns N 'Roses redeems itself with the festival after six years

RIO - Remember 2011 was inevitable. The rain was torrential. The sound of heavy droplets slammed into the raincoats and created a deafening buzz. And Guns N 'Roses does not appear on the World Stage of the old Rock City. It was the closing night of the festival, back in Rio after ten years. All this, all the expectation existed and the band took what seemed to be an eternity.

They appeared. With Axl and a group called Guns N 'Roses, but little resembled what was known as Guns N' Roses. It was a simulacrum, the shadow of a band that had lived its peak 20 years ago, but had died. The sad truth of the fight against time, ruthless as ever. And the egos fight. Rose and Slash traded barbs through the press, a return of the guitarist always seemed impossible.

And maybe it was just the ciphers, the giant amount of money that was able to unite Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan, the bassist. The trio that forms the basis of what was agreed and understood as the core of Guns, went back on tour. The trio who had stopped being together on stage in 1993 is back. It played in Brazil, inclusively, in 2016, but the debt with Rock in Rio should be paid.

Not just for Axl, who with the voice out of shape, was unable to reproduce the treble of old, but of the performance as a whole. The lint of show presented in 2011 should be forgotten.

1506227341170.jpg

The scene cuts to the dawn of Saturday, 23. It was after midnight, so in theory the calendar was Sunday. The Who had left the audience - and those interested were truly ecstatic with the sweeping performance. Rose and company, if they were indeed human, would be scared. It had to prove to be more than that guns of 2011. It had to be a monumental rock show.

Of those that Guns N 'Roses was famous for doing so almost years ago. With the clichés of a hardrock performance he had the luxury of having. Endless guitar solos, dramatic pauses, hair in the wind. The years passed. And for some of it, Rose's case, they can be ruthless. The voice is no longer the same, but it is more in shape than it has been for some time. He learned to deal with time and its inevitable damage.

And 2017 is not the same as 1991, anybody knows that - Slash's biceps are bigger, even. And Guns N 'Roses was able to make a muscular performance - and for the joke with the guitarist's physique, I apologize. With the vigor of that rock that stayed in the past, but still drags crowds. It was, after all, 100,000 voices singing the hits. And they sang as if it were the first time. Maybe it was. But presumably, in view of the devotion exhibited in the City of Rock, many there were not beginners.

They even knew the most cadenced moments of the performance and sometimes less exciting. They even praised the songs of Chinese Democracy, the 2008 album and last album, even though they - Better, Chinese Democracy and This I Live - have already come from the moment in which Rose was already without his right arms (Slash) and left ( Duff).

The covers also had an effect. From Bob Dylan's customary Knockin 'on Heaven's Door, to the touching Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, Chris Cornell's band, who recently died. He rolled over to a gritty version of The Who's Seeker. "We've asked for permission," Rose said before starting.

It's the hits that make a massive show. And they came to the mountains. He sang until he exhausted the vocal chords with Mr. Brownstone, Welcome to the Jungle, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Civil War, Sweet Child O 'Mine, Used to Love Her, November Rain, Nightrain, Patience and Do not Cry. The City of Rock, which has never been so crowded, never sang so loudly.

It was more than redemption. It was the expected performance of a band that could fill this fan base, with a diminutive and powerful discography, with iconic songs and members so fundamental to the history of rock.

Time, no matter how much it runs, sometimes seems to freeze. For Guns N 'Roses in his three hours and 23 minutes on stage, he had parked. It stopped at that moment when Guns N 'Roses was the biggest band in the world. The watch may have passed, heavy and charged its price. But the band redeemed itself with who was in Rock in Rio in 2011.

And the best, there was no rain.

http://cultura.estadao.com.br/noticias/musica,rock-in-rio-guns-n-roses-se-redime-com-o-festival-depois-de-seis-anos,70002013781

1 minute ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

There's a Mickey Mouse drawing hanged on Axl mic stand can be seen on Fernie instastories. I think the band fully acknowledges this.

Hence the giant middle finger, no fucks given, and SHIT t-shirt used by the band,  it was clear message that they know and didn't care about it.

I wish I had their sense of humor. But this has been the longest running joke ever

42 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

My wife could hear me watching it from another room. She asked if it was a joke. I was embarrassed for axl. He can't realise he's awful with thousands worshiping him every night

exactly

brazil paper says that axl voice was "disastrous" on headline and also goes on on how the silence in the audience was "embarassing" during axl solo era songs

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/ilustrada/2017/09/1921354-volta-de-formacao-classica-salva-show-do-guns-da-voz-desastrosa-de-axl.shtml

"With a flawed voice, he made a point of singing in falsetto, went out of tune when trying to reach higher notes and turned good songs like "Estranged" and "Live and Let Die" (Paul McCartney) into a somewhat painful experience".

"All it took for the audience to cool down were the songs from the last album, "Chinese Democracy". In "Better", for example, there was an awkward silence."

"It was a relief when Duff McKagan took over the microphone to sing "You Can not Put Your Arms Around a Memory""

5 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Maybe we watched a different show but what I saw was terrible especially for a top tier band . Watch some shows from 92 or from VR in 04 and compare to current shows. Franks drumming definitely screws things up but slash's playing has been getting sloppier and sloppier as well. Some people don't know what a proper rhythm section is supposed to sound like ...

Frank's drumming has improved a lot. The real deal rhythm section is still Richard, Tommy and Brain.

Edited by Sosso

How can anyone say this was even half decent. I feel sorry for Axl singing GnR songs, he looks to be clearly struggling allot. Its the total opposite when he sang I feel good and HTH with Billy Joel, which imo was better than half of the times he did it with ACDC. He still has the voice but seems to totally forgot or unable to adapt to singing GnR songs at his age. They should have done RIR 16 and kicked off the tour that way. Axl needs a long rest. Unless hes just totally bored and preserving his voice , That wouldn't come as much of a shock.