09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

4 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I am In the exact same boat. I am just getting the opportunity to check the forum after spending the night watching HBO boxing. I usually head straight for the last page and work my way backwards. After seeing the comments, I don't know If I want to start working backwards. 

Must say, having read the last few pages it seems it's the usual comments = usual performance I guess.  Doesn't seem like anyone is going to disown the band just yet, which is what I was slightly fearing at first. lol  

and no Feel Good?  That's a bit surprising. 

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Shall we just focus on the encore...Thought Don't Cry, particularly the first half was great ! One of the better ones ! 

I don't know why everyone bitches (well actually I do) about Seeker as it has Axl running fastest all night, nailing the vocal without breath going, doing all 

these rock star moves at pace and looking like a total different performer...also it's not a terrible song !  It's actually a high point from tonights set, along

with "Patience" , "Don't Cry", "Sorry", "Easy" and "DTJ"...
Cool that they got permission from the Who...
3 and half hours set...of not Roger, might have waited and performed it with him ...

He's actually really good on The Seeker. That voice suits him perfectly now. I wouldn't mind him adjusting all the songs to lower register if it's going to help him sing better. 

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Shall we just focus on the encore...Thought Don't Cry, particularly the first half was great ! One of the better ones ! 

I don't know why everyone bitches (well actually I do) about Seeker as it has Axl running fastest all night, nailing the vocal without breath going, doing all 

these rock star moves at pace and looking like a total different performer...also it's not a terrible song !  It's actually a high point from tonights set, along

with "Patience" , "Don't Cry", "Sorry", "Easy" and "DTJ"...
Cool that they got permission from the Who...
3 and half hours set...of not Roger, might have waited and performed it with him ...

The Seeker is often a highlight of shows, imo. Yeah, blah blah blah, another cover... but at least Axl consistently nails it. It just annoys me that he doesn't use that voice more. It'd sound a thousand times better than him reaching for the nonexistent mid-range all show.

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

I'd take quality over quantity any day...

Agree quality for sure.

Also i read somewhere steven takes longer break between concerts and shorter performances just to rest his voice. 

He really puts his voice as top priority. Axl should take note.

21 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Must say, having read the last few pages it seems it's the usual comments = usual performance I guess.  Doesn't seem like anyone is going to disown the band just yet, which is what I was slightly fearing at first. lol  

it missed the last 3 shows...

15 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

A proper 1080p HDTV capture should appear on the torrent sites later today.

The file size will be HUGE, 20GB or so, but it will be the best quality, other than an official Blu-Ray disc.

Goodnight from Texas!

Did the other stream options cut out on Coma too? or just the Globo? Cause ya know, I'm dying to see the complete Coma ;)
in all seriousness, it had it's moments, I definitely didn't want to completely turn off at any point like in 2011...but 

it's a shame it was a peak NITL gig since it was the first full pro shot...I hope they do some festivals next year or the year after

and we get a better one...hopefully...there's always hope !

As average as these pro shots can be, there's always a few things to take away...

Certainly enjoy "Dont Cry" more than I have for a while tonight...

35 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

After listening to Jungle and the second half of Don't Cry he doesn't seem up to par with other 2017 shows IMO. No reason to disown the band though. To bad Axl can't use the voice he uses at the end of Patience for the majority of the show. I guess It Is what It Is at this point. 

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

After listening to Jungle and the second half of Don't Cry he doesn't seem up to par with other 2017 shows IMO. No reason to disown the band though. To bad Axl can't use the voice he uses at the end of Patience for the majority of the show. I guess It Is what It Is at this point. 

Listening to Jungle now.  He sounds ok.  It's very evident that he's out of breath.  He does, however, sound like he's trying, at least on this song.  Dreading listening to Coma after reading the comments. 

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Listening to Jungle now.  He sounds ok.  It's very evident that he's out of breath.  He does, however, sound like he's trying, at least on this song.  Dreading listening to Coma after reading the comments. 

After doing a little reading, you might want to avoid Better also. 

So...uhm...yeah, my take on this is that Stradlin, when left, jinxed their Rock In Rio sets. 'You bitches, I can't take any of your crap anymore, so everytime you play RIR you're gonna fuckin die'. And Axl even fucked up Jungle intro. I mean how? Bring Stradlin back, end this shit :P 

Now seriously, Mickey Mouse is trending on Brazilian twitter. The man is idolized there. How come this happen? Are they crazy doing the US arena tour after this? That voice needs to rest. And he needs to re-learn how to sing some songs again. And rehearse for fuck's sake!! A lot of troubles in this gig were because of lack of rehearsing. 

Nevertheless, I think he hit the stage nervous as fuck and that was one of the reasons why he sounded so off. He forgot lyrics, was out of breath, out of tempo, some voice cracks. He even inserted Mickey on ISE. Did that ever happen before? :wow: As the show went by I think he got better and the encore was acceptable. His best song was 'The Seeker'. And my favorite was Layla, because at the end of the day is always unbelievable to see Axl at that piano surrounded by Slash and Duff and in such a good quality. All in all I'm grateful for that. I don't think it was a disaster but, shit, he didn't sound like this on the European shows or Apollo. What the fuck happened? He can't be sounding ok 2 weeks ago and sound like this today. RIR shows are cursed, there's not even a reasonable explanation for this :no:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2