If guns decide to release a DVD should houston 2016 be the show?

Well ,after what I feel was another poor performance at rock in Rio, axls voice sounded extremely shot and Mickey mouse big time ,I went and has a look at the now infamous houston show  from the "NITLT tour 2016" onYouTube and I hands down  think they killed it big time and should give us that show on DVD ,axls voice was perfect

That was one of the better shows for sure but I still don't think they can get away with releasing a complete show.. I think a best of every song from different cities is still the way to go. The could also show a short cool clip from each city these choose from of fans tailgating or whatever before the song from that show. 

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

They should release instant live albums, just like KISS during their ALIVE 35 tour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_Alive_35

They just aren't that good/consistent enough to do anything close to that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That was one of the better shows for sure but I still don't think they can get away with releasing a complete show.. I think a best of every song from different cities is still the way to go. The could also show a short cool clip from each city these choose from of fans tailgating or whatever before the song from that show. 

They just aren't that good/consistent enough to do anything close to that.

I love that idea of showing a small clip of fans tailgating getting asked how they feel about the reunion but it needs to move fast into the next song

Its not a crime to record some parts on studio to some of the songs they didnt sound good... Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous is a hell of an exemple, it has some of it recorded instudio and is one of the best "live" albums ever. Just amazing. For Adlers performances, they could just put it as an extra.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, default_ said:

So the purists should listen to Live and Dangerous, an album that has been ranked as one of the best live albums around and  has a lot of parts recorded instudio.

And so is Kiss Alive which goes with the whole phony aspect of that band. Even their live stuff is fake. But there's some great proper live albums out there. 

Edited by moreblack

38 minutes ago, moreblack said:

And so is Kiss Alive which goes with the whole phony aspect of that band. Even their live stuff is fake. But there's some great proper live albums out there. 

Yeah, I agree that it would be great to have an actual full live recording album but unfortunatelly this is 2016/2017 Guns we're talkin bout and they usually cracks on the same songs, so if its not possible to have something nice and 100% live recorded, I think some overdubs would make it a enjoyable experience worth of our $ at least.

PS: I'm not saying they should do something like LLAS, they should just take off what is really really bad from live recordings and keep what is acceptable.

my vote goes to... houston!

09.16.87 - Houston Music Hall, Houston, TX
opening for: The Cult
set: Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City, You're Crazy, Knockin' On Heaven's Door
audio/video recording?: no
notes: This setlist is incomplete. Steven drunkenly runs onstage during The Cult's set.
review = http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1987/19870916reviews.html

12.05.87 - Houston, TX
opening for: Alice Cooper
audio/video recording?: no
notes: Supposedly the first show opening for Alice Cooper. Only a few things are known about this show - Axl was late to the venue and some security guards wouldn't let him in! The band jammed for 15 minutes before Axl made it to the stage!

source = http://www.gnrontour.com/

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Because this is Guns n' Roses- a million reasons for "why not" since 2001.

It was about the quality. They released Appetite for Democracy and most of it sounded from bad to average. If there a few song's in Houston there not that good. I think everybody lives with it...

Edited by TheDemocracyRose

Going into NITL I thought a live DVD was inevitable and was looking forward to it as the next major release by GNR.  But at this point with all we've pointed out and discussed about this tour Id much prefer no live DVD. 

Id rather GNR get its ass in gear and record a new track and not dwell on the uneven performances of this tour.  We dont even have tour-specific official live releases from awesome sounding tours with izzy and steven!

I loved my show.  But really...

37 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Wasn't the first LA show supposedly filmed for a release?

Both were filmed for release. You'd have seen a sign somewhere in the stadium that  said they were filming tonight's show for release and you consent by entering. 

Apparently they had trouble with the film crew they hired though (not the troubadour team) So we'll see if it sees the light of day.