Slash and Axl Getting on Great and Working on New Stuff (Says "Spy")

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Pishy said:

No kidding it wasn't all axl, duff and slash conspired as well , both back when they were an actual band, and again during the reunion. I thought that was made clear  when  I wrote duff is a liar and backstabber.

kept what business afloat with blood , sweat and tears? GnR ended 25 years ago. You actually think axl kept GnR afloat? How exactly , by using the name for his rotating circus? He ran it through the mud, made a mockery of it. 

Izzy wasn't going to be treated like a stage monkey , he wanted to be treated as an equal. Izzy wasn't going to make appearances when axl summoned him and thrn have coins tossed at him. Apparently , you worship money so much you can't understand what he meant . To you , money = smarts and money = success and well "guess who is laughing all the way to the bank!"

All these cliches about Izzy and adler are so tired but you feel they resonate because the propaganda that's amplified gets the 'benefit' that the sheep will hear their bell and nod in unison. What's this with "adler doesn't know how to kept his mouth shut?" It's so cringe and vomit inducing when another persont regurgitates this cheap bs. So adler needs to behave for you? Wtf does that even mean? As I recall, it's axl that talks 24/7 and went on tv to announce that "oh you know , Izzy is such a character , changes his mind on a whim , haha". And "oh yes, adler , he is playing" . Both pathetic lies. Those 3 blocked Izzy and their idea of adler played, was 1 song.  

Adler can speak what he wants . A lot of you demonstrate this vicarious authority over adler . News flash, worshipping axl doesnt make you axl , but I guess that's how cults go. How do you even allow yourself to discipline adler and then recount what he shouldn't have said? None of the things he even said are problematic . And nothing he said has anything to do with why he is not in the reuinuon. 

Izzy found that band, Izzy wrote a lot of the music. Adler was the producer , which is how those in the music industry that helped our appetite together , described him. They said without adler , it would have never worked. I think there is one large , glaring exhibit that demonstrates that point , Frank! But axl rather have the bigger team , like a child , and let slash know the band is his, and these are his people , slash is only a guest. Axl doesn't care what duff thinks as long as duff agrees to everything. This tour would never exist without slash , there is plenty of historical evidence for that as well. 

There is no GnR. It's a business now, you got that correct. Duff thinks he is bill gates because they both have a home in Seattle . Slash is afraid his ex wife will take half and he has some compulsion with accumulating wealth beyond what any human needs. The only ones with any integrity , dignity and who stayed musicians , are Izzy and Adler, and THAT is why they are not in the reuinuon. 

Your opinions don't make things a fact. In fact Axl Slash and Duff have said nothing on most things. It's your opinion that GnR ended 25 years ago and that Axl made a mockery of it. It's your opinion now that Izzy was going to be treated as a stage monkey when in fact noone knows how involved he could have been only that he wanted an equal share of the loot. His own words. Fact is that he sold his share of EQUAL loot years ago. His own choice. That's a fact.  I don't worship money I just am realistic in knowing that a man who sold his share is not gonna get equal share of the loot with guys who didn't.

It's not my authority over Adler just my opinion on what happened but Steven said Slash met up with him and spoke with him. Steven also claimed he was to perform half of the show and Frank the other half. Steven should know better to allow his mother to release a book and use the GNR name on the cover and blame the band for his drug use in interviews and in the book. I mean why did it take a interviewer who knew better to get him to admit he used before GnR? Instead he would allow his mother to make it seem GnR was his reason for his addictions. I mean it's clear if people are gonna believe Stevens words as gospel that something changed to take him from half a show every night (he did a more specific breakdown of what he was to perform) to a few songs here and there. I commend his mother for writing a book that may help other families of addicts but she clearly tried to capitalize on the GnR name and put blame with the band at points rather than her son the addict not to mention she implied Axl was a junkie. I'm sure that went over real well with the band. I mean for all we know the band may think the road isn't a very healthy place for his addictions. We don't know because they're not running their mouth about things.

It's my opinion that the band may have a lack of trust with him and or his sobriety. I formed that opinion based off his own words about Duff not liking how he played and how Duff thinks he isn't a good drummer and Slash thinks he isn't sober. Steven's own words. Again since no one else has spoken on it I have nothing else to go by. I still don't believe half of what comes out of his mouth. 

Sure Izzy helped found the band and wrote or co wrote many songs to which he still gets royalty but he still sold and received money for his share in the equal loot. You nor I know what they were willing to pay him or how much he was asked to play so why assume and accuse. All you know is Izzy wanted an equal share to which he isn't entitled to legally or morally. He specifically mentioned the band being sued and how he thought they would lose everything. He thought he was making a good decision unfortunately he wasn't Facts are still Facts.

Your problem is you think that because Izzy is a founding and important member that they should give up their money for them, do it for the fans. Izzy didn't want to be there during the many lawsuits and whatever else despite what the fans wanted.

"I don't really know what to say about Izzy," shrugged Rose. "It's like you could have a conversation and think it's one way, and the next day it's another way. And I'm not trying to take any shots at Izzy. It's just his thing is kind of his thing, whatever that is."

Bulls--t. They didn't want to split the loot equally. Simple as that. Moving right along.." Izzy's tweet back.

I see it as Axl not being rude and telling the world their financial discussions when put on the spot and asked a question.

As for the rest of your comments I'm not money hungry I just happen to understand reality and that selling your share of equal loot and washing your hands of the bands dealings good or bad for 30 years to an agreed upon amount doesn't equate to equal share of the loot. In fact I gain no money from the band I spend money on tickets and such. How does that make me money hungry?Just like if you owned a company and sold it you don't get equal share. I'm certainly not some crazed Axl fan I am a normal fan I have been a member here for many years now but post when I have time in my life.I am a fan of the band as a whole which includes Izzy and Adler and Sorum in fact but I don't expect anyone to sale their selves short for me. I hope they come to an agreement all sides are happy with soon. I'm not going to trash the other members because they won't do it for the fans though. Izzy knew there could be consequences to what he did. I do wish Sorum would have ben back for some as well. Understanding reality doesn't mean I am in a cult lmao or worshipping anyone.

It's sad fans expect bands to give into their whims to appease them. It's just common sense to me.

Oh and Adler a producer??? 

• Like 1

@BOSSY78 Not a literal producer .  He set the rhythm and everything kind of hinged on him and his unusual style. The others found their rhythm and footing,  through Adler. I think all but Slash, were self taught so Adler was like the anchor . It's kind of crazy but  I think that's one reason they sound so good, they were put together differently. You may like this if you have not already read it. 

http://www.laweekly.com/music/tom-zutaut-guns-n-roses-aandr-man-talks-about-the-making-of-appetite-for-destruction-8425626

i think you misunderstood some of the things I said. I'm not saying you have anything to gain financially from the band , I meant you were seeing things from the point of view of money. I know that's all the 3 in the reuinuon care about but they would have made millions and could have had everyone there.  No one is asking them for free shows or to do things for fans. I see this a lot "they don't owe fans anything ". It's used so much that it crops up inappropriately. I was saying between the band members, it shouldn't be all a business and hinge on money.  But it is and the music is not really relevant at all and that's lame .

there are ethics and common decency and there is the music . I'm talking about what should be happening amongst the 5 of them. I think we all have a pretty good idea how crushed adler was and Izzy was clearly upset , the call to rolling stone and the twitter comment ? It's pretty obvious he wanted to be part of it, equally . 

And there is a timeline with the comments you cited. Adler said duff and slash didn't like him I think before the reuinuon  I really don't care what duff thinks , he is a businessman wanna be now . Adler is sentimental and Just wants to play . 

Also, adlers mom's book came out after Adler was not included on the tour . None of these things are the reason Axl/duff/slash kept adler out, who cares what his mom said? I heard Adler say a few times it wasn't GnR but his addiction . The mom can say whatever she wants . From what's been said , it didn't seem she was the greatest mom , who knows what her reasons are for saying what she did and who cares! 

Gnr was 5 guys . Axl using the name he turned into a brand to do solo projects , doesn't mean anything . He could have been called anything . 

Edited by Pishy

13 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Not a literal producer but yes!

http://www.laweekly.com/music/tom-zutaut-guns-n-roses-aandr-man-talks-about-the-making-of-appetite-for-destruction-8425626

I read what you're referring to that Tom said. In the end it seems like he's complimenting the band more than Steven honestly.

:You know it’s funny, because Steven couldn’t even keep time very well. And there was no software in ’86 to fix that. But Steven was the foundation of the band, and the producer, Mike Clink, knew how to get the best performances out of him. And that’s the greatest secret to Appetite for Destruction: The record doesn’t sound out of time only because the band plays to Steve Adler’s best performances. It sounds tight as fuck because the band follows his imperfections"

I love Stevens drumming but it does remind me of Steven's own comments about Duff and what Duff thought. He mentions Duff thinking he's not good enough. It's been discussed many times on here about how Steven would do with the progression of GnR songs. It seems like Steven admits he thinks Duff feels he couldn't do it long term or good enough, again Stevens words Duff as far as I know hasn't given an opinion. It also seems as Tom is saying the band had to get used to his imperfections and play up to it which may not have been easy. Do you remember all of Stevens videos he was posting not long ago of him performing GnR songs?Kind of makes you wonder why he felt the need to practice a song for so long and post it. To me it showed he was trying to prove a point.

Then of course you have this, "Well, think about it like this: While the rest of the band was living in a squalor at the Hell House, Axl had a room with a padlock on it that was pristine. He stayed away from the chaos and was sober as a church mouse and overthought everything. But that dichotomy worked because Axl would hear the work, sing through it, and make the changes. Everything had his final say on it. But initially, Izzy had a lot of the ideas. He was the primary creator of the Appetite sound, Slash’s monster guitar riffs were the icing, Duff’s complex bass parts were played like a lead guitarist, but every word and arrangement had Axl’s fingerprints all over it because he was the band’s quality control."

I would love to hear an album with Steven on it for some songs as well as Matt but I'm more and more convinced Matt will not be performing with Guns in this lifetime lol. I really think we are gonna get some new music in this lifetime though.

27 minutes ago, Pishy said:

@BOSSY78 Not a literal producer .  He set the rhythm and everything kind of hinged on him and his unusual style. The others found their rhythm and footing,  through Adler. I think all but Slash, were self taught so Adler was like the anchor . It's kind of crazy but  I think that's one reason they sound so good, they were put together differently. You may like this if you have not already read it. 

i think you misunderstood some of the things I said. I'm not saying you have anything to gain financially from the band , I meant you were seeing things from the point of view of money. I know that's all the 3 in the reuinuon care about but they would have made millions and could have had everyone there.  No one is asking them for free shows or to do things for fans. I see this a lot "they don't owe fans anything ". It's used so much that it crops up inappropriately. I was saying between the band members, it shouldn't be all a business and hinge on money.  But it is and the music is not really relevant at all and that's lame .

there are ethics and common decency and there is the music . I'm talking about what should be happening amongst the 5 of them. I think we all have a pretty good idea how crushed adler was and Izzy was clearly upset , the call to rolling stone and the twitter comment ? It's pretty obvious he wanted to be part of it, equally . 

And there is a timeline with the comments you cited. Adler said duff and slash didn't like him I think before the reuinuon  I really don't care what duff thinks , he is a businessman wanna be now . Adler is sentimental and Just wants to play . 

Also, adlers mom's book came out after Adler was not included on the tour . None of these things are the reason Axl/duff/slash kept adler out, who cares what his mom said? I heard Adler say a few times it wasn't GnR but his addiction . The mom can say whatever she wants . From what's been said , it didn't seem she was the greatest mom , who knows what her reasons are for saying what she did and who cares! 

Gnr was 5 guys . Axl using the name he turned into a brand to do solo projects , doesn't mean anything . He could have been called anything . 

I appreciate you explaining more of what you meant and respect your opinion. I do hope they work it out somehow.

You're right about Adlers mom. The book was released right after his last show but they likely would have known what was written before hand. I'm sure there was discussion and honestly it could have nothing to do with how things went down. It's something that we as fans aren't privy to because it's between the band and they haven't us. Perhaps it's for the best they don't as we saw how it turned out last time. Fans were split. I mean wasn't that whole AXL/Slash thing fueled by things being said in the media?

Someone can be sentimental but we aren't there we don't know their reasons we just know our opinions.

2 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I appreciate you explaining more of what you meant and respect your opinion. I do hope they work it out somehow.

You're right about Adlers mom. The book was released right after his last show but they likely would have known what was written before hand. I'm sure there was discussion and honestly it could have nothing to do with how things went down. It's something that we as fans aren't privy to because it's between the band and they haven't us. Perhaps it's for the best they don't as we saw how it turned out last time. Fans were split. I mean wasn't that whole AXL/Slash thing fueled by things being said in the media?

Someone can be sentimental but we aren't there we don't know their reasons we just know our opinions.

Yeah I really didn't get the Axl vs slash thing and didn't know it existed until I got on this board and read an old thread of I think Axl answering some questions . I knew the media was harsh on Axl, always calling him crazy and mocking his appearance . I feel bad for the guy , they were ruthless. There is some weird fascination in the US with elevating someone then wanting to see them crash and burn . Frankly , it freaks me out. 

Im equally disappointed now, lol! The 3 decided to keep Izzy and Adler out . I thought they were all great all the way up until the reuinuon. After learning Izzy and Adler were not going to be in the reunion, I was put off . You're right , I wish I didn't have any idea because it spoiled some of it for me even though these people are strangers . It just looked so bad how they can do this to these two, I would feel that way about any situation that was unjust . I also felt like a jerk going to shows when I knew 2 people were being mistreated . I also thought maybe they would join the tour. Hope is a crazy thing, can borderline delusion , haha!

7 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Yeah I really didn't get the Axl vs slash thing and didn't know it existed until I got on this board and read an old thread of I think Axl answering some questions . I knew the media was harsh on Axl, always calling him crazy and mocking his appearance . I feel bad for the guy , they were ruthless. There is some weird fascination in the US with elevating someone then wanting to see them crash and burn . Frankly , it freaks me out. 

Im equally disappointed now, lol! The 3 decided to keep Izzy and Adler out . I thought they were all great all the way up until the reuinuon. After learning Izzy and Adler were not going to be in the reunion, I was put off . You're right , I wish I didn't have any idea because it spoiled some of it for me even though these people are strangers . It just looked so bad how they can do this to these two, I would feel that way about any situation that was unjust . I also felt like a jerk going to shows when I knew 2 people were being mistreated . I also thought maybe they would join the tour. Hope is a crazy thing, can borderline delusion , haha!

Yea the Axl vs Slash was a crazy time on the boards. I didn't understand how one side would tear down the other based off words of another that may or may not be true. I'm a fan for the music and that includes all members of GnR. I wished Axl would have defended himself long before he did but no matter when he did people still didn't believe him or trashed him and ice versa.

As far as Steven and Izzy go we may never know the whole truth. It would have been great to see Adler tomorrow in Cleveland but again I only know what's been told and it's not enough for me to say who's right or wrong. It reminds me of my friend growing up who hated her mom because she wouldn't get back with her father. All she knew was what she thought she saw but her mother had her own reasons that she found out many years later. Typical adult stuff you know.

On Izzy it sounds like it is more of a financial agreement which all three would have to agree to I assume. For all we know the money offered was great per show for him. Then again it could have not been great. It's as much Izzy's fault in this as the others. He wanted equal they wanted to honor the old deal of his payout of his share. I can't say I blame either side. It just didn't work out. Axl mentions Izzy a lot at shows and most assume they play wish you were here for him as well. 

I hope that Izzy is on some new songs though. That could still happen. It would be great.

2 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Who fucking cares about Izzy? nobody.

It's all about Richard Fortus. It's Fortus time. It's been for the last 15 years and will be for the next 15 years.

Guns N' Roses are : Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Ferrer, Dizzy, Melissa.

Period.

Does Fortus have a restraining order out on you yet? :scared:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

@BOSSY78 I didn't know it got so heated. Maybe people were mad the band wasn't reuniting  . Still, our reactions are really disproportionate, that would be an interesting topic, why we get so upset about this band that fell apart . Maybe because there was no reason for something good to be destroyed ?

It is weird and I remember how upset I was they dissolved and how upset I was when I thought the reuinuon would happen and it was only 3. Kind of shattered my imsge of the whole thing . I don't want to know , you're so right! I just want to know their music . 

Sorry about your friend , it's hard to know how much to tell a kid. 

Are you going to the Cleveland show? I don't think Adler will be there but I'm sure the show will be good. 

I didn't know axl mentions Izzy at the shows , from this tour? And I also didn't know about wish you were here possibly being about Izzy .

Fortus will lead us, his elect, to the holy land where he will deliver us from perdition and cure poverty and illness. When we depart this mortal coil we'll sit beneath his throne, his saints. Reprobates (Izzy fans) will be cast into eternal damnation for their sins.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Who fucking cares about Izzy? nobody.

It's all about Richard Fortus. It's Fortus time. It's been for the last 15 years and will be for the next 15 years.

Guns N' Roses are : Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Ferrer, Dizzy, Melissa.

Period.

You can as well keep them all for yourself then. No love lost.

11 hours ago, Pishy said:

Izzy decided to keep himself out of the reunion by demanding more money than he was entitled to. One day this might sink in for you and the rest of Izzy brigade... he sold his fucking shares, he doesn't get equal pay. He is not an equal. If he wasn't so greedy he'd be there now and you'd be happy, it's not the greed of the others to not pay him an amount he isn't entitled to. 

Edited by Tonto
  • Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

''The Izzy Brigade''. Sirs. Ladies and gentlemen. We now possess a name. Axlites, Slasholes and the Izzy Brigade.

I'm Brigadier General . 

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What are Duff enthusiasts called? Don't tell me I'm the only one. :lol:

Duffins 

• Haha 1

Upon further investigation, a Duffin would make you a tasty yet fattening treat or someone who partakes in an act she/he otherwise would not, but was very high.

Edited by Pishy

2 minutes ago, Pishy said:

I'm Brigadier General . 

Duffins 

OK, I'll take it.  That's cute. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know but I think Adler's fans should be called simply 'Adler/s'. ''I'm a massive Adler''. ''There are a lot of Adlers here''. 

Oh, c'mon!  Does no one care about Duff?  Come to think of it, I don't think there's even anyone else on this forum with a Duff avatar???

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Dufflets?

I like this too.  Well, since I'm the only Duff fan I get to have fun choosing the name. :lol:

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Oh, c'mon!  Does no one care about Duff?  Come to think of it, I don't think there's even anyone else on this forum with a Duff avatar???

I like this too.  Well, since I'm the only Duff fan I get to have fun choosing the name. :lol:

When you find another Duff fan your moto can be 'up the Duffs' :) 

-------

Awwww, here you go @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle I found you a friend....

@RockaRolla

:lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thank your lucky stars you are not a Dizzy Reed fan.

Duff's monosyllable name does not lend itself well to adjectives. ''The Duff army'' perhaps? You could of course use his other name, ''The McKagan mafia''.