Slash and Axl Getting on Great and Working on New Stuff (Says "Spy")

I have no doubt that Axl and Slash are working on something, but releasing it is a whole other story. Axl has alienated or pushed away so many brilliant musicians over the past few decades with his process regarding new music: Slash and Duff initially, Sorum, Bucket, Brain, Freeze, Bumble, Finck...I bet you his release speed will push Slash and Duff away and in 2020 were going to be griping about how there is still no new music.

I don't think they're working on something new. It's like those countless other rumours of alleged "informants" that never have proven right.

Slash will go working with Myles and Axl will go to his mansion on the hill. Or work with Angus.

And yeah, I think that's the end of Gnr. Unless they'll do a farewell cashgrab tour. And another. Without Izzy or Steven, of course.

:violin:

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I have no doubt that Axl and Slash are working on something, but releasing it is a whole other story. Axl has alienated or pushed away so many brilliant musicians over the past few decades with his process regarding new music: Slash and Duff initially, Sorum, Bucket, Brain, Freeze, Bumble, Finck...I bet you his release speed will push Slash and Duff away and in 2020 were going to be griping about how there is still no new music.

While that may be true (sorta...Slash and Duff left over different issues) there's a tendency for people to cite incidents and events of the past as if they happened last year.  It's been well over a decade since all that drama.  Axl's process might be different.

At any rate, new music will be released under the current line-up.  The current line-up have been touring for the past 18 months and will have a certain bond that means they will function much, much better than any of the previous line-ups who struggled to bond, like or even know one another properly  - that was part of the problem back then.  I'm sure the current line-up will be a lot quicker, and Slash and Duff will kick Axl's ass if he dithers.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

I believe they are working on smt, not because of this article but cause it would be a complete idiotic move to not do something now that Slash and Duff are back. 

Like it or not, Axl never thrusted the nuGuns guys and thats why Chinese took so long to be made, with Slash and Duff its a complete different story, he thrust these guys musically and itll probably push him to do stuff. 

Or I wish so. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, default_ said:

I believe they are working on smt, not because of this article but cause it would be a complete idiotic move to not do something now that Slash and Duff are back. 

Like it or not, Axl never thrusted the nuGuns guys and thats why Chinese took so long to be made, with Slash and Duff its a complete different story, he thrust these guys musically and itll probably push him to do stuff. 

Or I wish so. 

I don't think it has anything to do with trust, I think it has to do with motivation and a desire to make progress.  Axl seems to have a complete lack of both lol

• Like 2

An Axl/DC album is infinitely more possible than a new Guns album since Axl isn't the leader of the band, therefore if Angus wants an album he will tell Axl where to be and what he wants him to sing. In Guns, Axl sits on his throne and has his tendency to rarely release anything.

15 hours ago, Tonto said:

Axl Rose and Bill Murray partied in the same place after their Manhattan concerts on Monday.

Rose, 55, was at the new Fifteen Stories rooftop lounge at Mondrian Park Avenue after Guns N’ Roses’ Madison Square Garden show, “surrounded by women,” a spy said. Rose was overheard telling pals that “he and Slash are ‘getting along great’ and having so much fun rocking all of their old stuff and putting together some new stuff,” the spy said. “And that once he and Slash got past ‘stubbornness’ and talked to each other, everything became cool again really quickly, and reuniting was a simple decision after that.”

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/axl-rose-parties-after-madison-square-garden-show/

Well..I think that I’ll take it :lol:

Edited by Derick

4 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Reminds me of the story i think Slash told about Izzy pulling up to the hotel in Chicago and seeing Axl throwing Italian food out the window at hecklers below. Izzy seen this and didn't even get out of the car, he just turned around and went back to Indy :lol: 

Definitely one of the all-time classic Axl and Izzy moments :lol:

Would be great to get some material, but let's not get our hopes up... we've been doing that since 2011, and nearly 7 years later and we're no closer to a record. In that time, Axl was having a good time with his band, enjoying himself and talked publicly about a finished new record that he intended on releasing... the last word of that particular record was 2014... not a whimper since. SO, while it's great to ehar these rumours, let's just keep it steady and realise 1. they are just rumours at the moment 2. even if the rumours are correct, there are still absolutely no guarantees of hearing anything... unless this new Axl has decided to get his work boots on and actually release things in a timely fashion.

45 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Would be great to get some material, but let's not get our hopes up... we've been doing that since 2011, and nearly 7 years later and we're no closer to a record. In that time, Axl was having a good time with his band, enjoying himself and talked publicly about a finished new record that he intended on releasing... the last word of that particular record was 2014... not a whimper since. SO, while it's great to ehar these rumours, let's just keep it steady and realise 1. they are just rumours at the moment 2. even if the rumours are correct, there are still absolutely no guarantees of hearing anything... unless this new Axl has decided to get his work boots on and actually release things in a timely fashion.

I got you and I agree..But this time it’s very hard to not get our hopes up..now he have Slash back and we all know that Slash IS his guy..If exists someone in this world that is able to bring Axl back to the game this person calls Slash. Angus? Yep but even that I think it’s because Slash! In some way he is capable to bring(musically) that old Axl back from the shadows. But yes, we need to calm down because it’s can take a while..

17 hours ago, Tonto said:

Axl Rose and Bill Murray partied in the same place after their Manhattan concerts on Monday.

Rose, 55, was at the new Fifteen Stories rooftop lounge at Mondrian Park Avenue after Guns N’ Roses’ Madison Square Garden show, “surrounded by women,” a spy said. Rose was overheard telling pals that “he and Slash are ‘getting along great’ and having so much fun rocking all of their old stuff and putting together some new stuff,” the spy said. “And that once he and Slash got past ‘stubbornness’ and talked to each other, everything became cool again really quickly, and reuniting was a simple decision after that.”

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/axl-rose-parties-after-madison-square-garden-show/

Oh Axl, still a party animal!

5 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Rumors like these are better than nothing. Axl seems to be having a ball out there, as do Slash and Duff. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. 

I agree. Give it time. The tour is very successful and everyone is having a blast. We thought this would never happen, so let's keep positive thoughts. The band has to know the chemistry is still there and how amazing making new music would be for everyone.

It would be pretty cool if they shocked the world and dropped a new album by Christmas.  It would actually make sense from a business perspective....would easily solidify 1-2 years more of touring, with their hardcore fanbase filling at least half the seats and then the casual fans the rest. 

56 minutes ago, Derick said:

I got you and I agree..But this time it’s very hard to not get our hopes up..now he have Slash back and we all know that Slash IS his guy..If exists someone in this world that is able to bring Axl back to the game this person calls Slash. Angus? Yep but even that I think it’s because Slash! In some way he is capable to bring(musically) that old Axl back from the shadows. But yes, we need to calm down because it’s can take a while..

True, but even Slash struggled back in the day to bring Axl out of his shell, the example being the wait between AFD and UYI (I know lies came out but I mean a proper full length work). 

Times have changed, people are older, wiser and more team / career focussed so, it is entirely possible that the golden goose (Slash's return) may deliver some golden eggs... or at least a few regular eggs... I need to stop with the egg analogy :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derick said:

Well..I think that I’ll take it :lol:

What guy wouldn't smile like this with these two hanging on their arm? 30+ years younger, blonde = rock star wife material OR a really good night. 

These are the type of fans Axl likes to meet :P not ageing men, with old concert tshirts and original pressings of Gnr albums :D 

• Like 2