Slash and Axl Getting on Great and Working on New Stuff (Says "Spy")

I totally disagree with the thought that Axl’s voice is shot, especially in the studio. The guy still knocks out usually a few great performances a night. To say he couldn’t deliver in a studio setting where he has multiple takes is crazy. Not to mention while on atage he is running around exausting himself all the time as well. The throne showed when he can just sit there and belt out vocals, he can really knock it out of the park still.

• Like 2

I agree. Although it's obvious that what he does is harder for him than it used to be.

Which means they should either use some of the existing unused vocals in the vault or they should get around to recording soon.

He still has the power when he can sit and focus on it now, but it's hard to know what another 5 or 6 years might do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chunder Monkey said:

I agree. Although it's obvious that what he does is harder for him than it used to be.

Which means they should either use some of the existing unused vocals in the vault or they should get around to recording soon.

He still has the power when he can sit and focus on it now, but it's hard to know what another 5 or 6 years might do.

No doubt time catches up to everyone. They can’t wait 14 years for this one.

9 hours ago, Rickodez said:

The reunion/Slash and Duff back happened, Coma happened, AFD4/Adler happened, Axl without the moustache and with decent rock clothes... so many unbelivable things everyone wanted happened in less than 2 years, there isn't much left really, things have been much better than anyone could really imagine or truly hope for, what's left now? New music, Perfect Crime and Izzy? 

I don't think most are fans are wrong to expect something, it's been a constant now GnR finally giving fans what they want or at least need.

@Rickodezi agreed enough with you,but, not in his clothes 😀😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

Seriously?

I think for a bunch of 50 year old guys the 3 of them look pretty great. Any of u  who talk about axls mustache are losers. Just be happy their is something to talk about. I seen this band 2 times and nu guns like 10 times, most of the shows were very good. Axl isnt always on but that comes with the territory when u scream your ass off for 3 hrs 4 nights a week. The band has played over 100 shows when the majority didnt think they would play 1 again together. Id say its a good bet they will attempt to record some stuff, lets hope it goes well and we hear some. They are musicians and cant imagine the three of them arent curious to see what they can do together. And enough about adler and izzy who gives a shit.  Fortus and frank were in the band longer and the new chick is nearing on adlers tenure. 

Adler is a retard and a big mouth idiot

8 minutes ago, Richardparkerjr said:

I think for a bunch of 50 year old guys the 3 of them look pretty great. Any of u  who talk about axls mustache are losers. Just be happy their is something to talk about. I seen this band 2 times and nu guns like 10 times, most of the shows were very good. Axl isnt always on but that comes with the territory when u scream your ass off for 3 hrs 4 nights a week. The band has played over 100 shows when the majority didnt think they would play 1 again together. Id say its a good bet they will attempt to record some stuff, lets hope it goes well and we hear some. They are musicians and cant imagine the three of them arent curious to see what they can do together. And enough about adler and izzy who gives a shit.  Fortus and frank were in the band longer and the new chick is nearing on adlers tenure. 

30207dt.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richardparkerjr said:

Who cares about Izzy and Adler? What's wrong with you? Longer in the band? They're just exchangeable employes with nothing to say. Izzy and Steven managed to create something great while being part of Guns n Roses.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rickodez said:

The reunion/Slash and Duff back happened

Many of us wanted Izzy and Adler there too, an actual reuinuon. Nothing against Duff but on what planet is he above Izzy ?

20 hours ago, Rickodez said:

Axl without the moustache and with decent rock clothes... so many unbelivable things everyone wanted happened 

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this board, lol! 

• Haha 1

Duff just doesn't have a personality nor is he much on principles . He is all about the money so he is easy to handle . He has no issue with lying and backstabbing either, just smiles and keeps on.

Going by talent and contribution and who axl himself wishes was there (if he could control him)? Izzy for certain.

But again, all 5 are important to everything GnR did. All 5 should be there.

People that put Izzy and adler down and continually dismiss them, are the axl bootlickers who are fascinated with axl's fame and want to cling to him. The music is irrelevant.  Or the ones who started listening to GnR after the band broke up, often it's a combination of both.

1 hour ago, MattleyCrue said:

Axl's clothes are amazing. I've collected as many Not In The Lifetime Axl tees as I could and his jeans. His style is complete FIRE!

My complain is most his jewels and tablecloth in waist,not many for his tees ,is ok you like ☺👌

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pishy said:

Duff just doesn't have a personality nor is he much on principles . He is all about the money so he is easy to handle . He has no issue with lying and backstabbing either, just smiles and keeps on.

Going by talent and contribution and who axl himself wishes was there (if he could control him)? Izzy for certain.

But again, all 5 are important to everything GnR did. All 5 should be there.

People that put Izzy and adler down and continually dismiss them, are the axl bootlickers who are fascinated with axl's fame and want to cling to him. The music is irrelevant.  Or the ones who started listening to GnR after the band broke up, often it's a combination of both.

You can't tell me that if you owned a company and one of your partners wanting out and you paid him a huge sum that years later you'd allow him yo have an equal share in your company. Keep in mind your ex partner was afraid of the lawsuits which you stayed and handled. Fast forward 30 years and your company is booming again.

I think many people are just realistic. Rather we as fans like it or not its a business. When it comes to business there's no way Im buying out a partner who wanted out for whatever reasons and giving him an equal share after I sweated blood and tears to keep a company on top. Nope. And its no diss against Izzy its called reality. Izzy said equal share of the loot to which he is no longer entitled to due to getting a payout for his share in GnR. It doesn't mean I dont love and honor his contributions and him being a founder of the band. 

You also assume it was Axls decision alone. Im sure Duff and Slash both didnt want to split their loot with him equally.

This is why interviews aren't given because who wants to explain and try to remain diplomatic when people think you should split your hard earned money to appease them. Its a lose lose situation with the band.

As far as Steven goes again love the guy he has such great energy but people believe his words aa gospel even after he admitted he didn't remember his drug years and asked for stories from friends. I mean I knew to take much of what he recalled as possibly not true. 

People forget those interviews he was spouting during reunion talks about Slash thinking hes not clean or lying about bis sobriety length. He also said Duff didn't like him and thought he wasnt a good drummer. He said no words about Axl during those interviews.

Steven's problem is his own mouth and of course his mom basically called Axl a junkie when everyone even when they disliked him has always said he wasn't. Im sure his mothers book didn't help. She blamed his drug use on GnR and the interviewer got Steven to admit he was using before GnR.

As far as them and new music I think its coming. I think they are getting along better now that years and age has passed. I can't wait.

Oh and I've been a GnR fan since day 1.

Edited by BOSSY78
Added
  • Like 2

No kidding it wasn't all axl, duff and slash conspired as well , both back when they were an actual band, and again during the reunion. I thought that was made clear  when  I wrote duff is a liar and backstabber.

kept what business afloat with blood , sweat and tears? GnR ended 25 years ago. You actually think axl kept GnR afloat? How exactly , by using the name for his rotating circus? He ran it through the mud, made a mockery of it. 

Izzy wasn't going to be treated like a stage monkey , he wanted to be treated as an equal. Izzy wasn't going to make appearances when axl summoned him and thrn have coins tossed at him. Apparently , you worship money so much you can't understand what he meant . To you , money = smarts and money = success and well "guess who is laughing all the way to the bank!"

All these cliches about Izzy and adler are so tired but you feel they resonate because the propaganda that's amplified gets the 'benefit' that the sheep will hear their bell and nod in unison. What's this with "adler doesn't know how to kept his mouth shut?" It's so cringe and vomit inducing when another persont regurgitates this cheap bs. So adler needs to behave for you? Wtf does that even mean? As I recall, it's axl that talks 24/7 and went on tv to announce that "oh you know , Izzy is such a character , changes his mind on a whim , haha". And "oh yes, adler , he is playing" . Both pathetic lies. Those 3 blocked Izzy and their idea of adler played, was 1 song.  

Adler can speak what he wants . A lot of you demonstrate this vicarious authority over adler . News flash, worshipping axl doesnt make you axl , but I guess that's how cults go. How do you even allow yourself to discipline adler and then recount what he shouldn't have said? None of the things he even said are problematic . And nothing he said has anything to do with why he is not in the reuinuon. 

Izzy found that band, Izzy wrote a lot of the music. Adler was the producer , which is how those in the music industry that helped our appetite together , described him. They said without adler , it would have never worked. I think there is one large , glaring exhibit that demonstrates that point , Frank! But axl rather have the bigger team , like a child , and let slash know the band is his, and these are his people , slash is only a guest. Axl doesn't care what duff thinks as long as duff agrees to everything. This tour would never exist without slash , there is plenty of historical evidence for that as well. 

There is no GnR. It's a business now, you got that correct. Duff thinks he is bill gates because they both have a home in Seattle . Slash is afraid his ex wife will take half and he has some compulsion with accumulating wealth beyond what any human needs. The only ones with any integrity , dignity and who stayed musicians , are Izzy and Adler, and THAT is why they are not in the reuinuon. 

Edited by Pishy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pishy said:

No kidding it wasn't all axl, duff and slash conspired as well , both back when they were an actual band, and again during the reunion. I thought that was made clear  when  I wrote duff is a liar and backstabber.

kept what business afloat with blood , sweat and tears? GnR ended 25 years ago. You actually think axl kept GnR afloat? How exactly , by using the name for his rotating circus? He ran it through the mud, made a mockery of it. 

Izzy wasn't going to be treated like a stage monkey , he wanted to be treated as an equal. Izzy wasn't going to make appearances when axl summoned him and thrn have coins tossed at him. Apparently , you worship money so much you can't understand what he meant . To you , money = smarts and money = success and well "guess who is laughing all the way to the bank!"

All these cliches about Izzy and adler are so tired but you feel they resonate because the propaganda that's amplified gets the 'benefit' that the sheep will hear their bell and nod in unison. What's this with "adler doesn't know how to kept his mouth shut?" It's so cringe and vomit inducing when another persont regurgitates this cheap bs. So adler needs to behave for you? Wtf does that even mean? As I recall, it's axl that talks 24/7 and went on tv to announce that "oh you know , Izzy is such a character , changes his mind on a whim , haha". And "oh yes, adler , he is playing" . Both pathetic lies. Those 3 blocked Izzy and their idea of adler played, was 1 song.  

Adler can speak what he wants . A lot of you demonstrate this vicarious authority over adler . News flash, worshipping axl doesnt make you axl , but I guess that's how cults go. How do you even allow yourself to discipline adler and then recount what he shouldn't have said? None of the things he even said are problematic . And nothing he said has anything to do with why he is not in the reuinuon. 

Izzy found that band, Izzy wrote a lot of the music. Adler was the producer , which is how those in the music industry that helped our appetite together , described him. They said without adler , it would have never worked. I think there is one large , glaring exhibit that demonstrates that point , Frank! But axl rather have the bigger team , like a child , and let slash know the band is his, and these are his people , slash is only a guest. Axl doesn't care what duff thinks as long as duff agrees to everything. This tour would never exist without slash , there is plenty of historical evidence for that as well. 

There is no GnR. It's a business now, you got that correct. Duff thinks he is bill gates because they both have a home in Seattle . Slash is afraid his ex wife will take half and he has some compulsion with accumulating wealth beyond what any human needs. The only ones with any integrity , dignity and who stayed musicians , are Izzy and Adler, and THAT is why they are not in the reuinuon. 

Stop acting like all you said are facts. It's what you think it is and it may be true but you just don't know.

• Like 1