Slash and Axl Getting on Great and Working on New Stuff (Says "Spy")

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wait, Axl plays the piano on 14 Years? GTFO!

Amazing right? :lol:

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Yeah, production*

It seems Dizzy didnt have much involvement with the pianos on any songs, just keys.

So, the rock n roll honky piano we listen on the Illusions, its all Axl. 

Yep - his piano arrangements are first class on Illusions. The guy is an underrated musician imho. 

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Tonto said:

Izzy decided to keep himself out of the reunion by demanding more money than he was entitled to. One day this might sink in for you and the rest of Izzy brigade... he sold his fucking shares, he doesn't get equal pay. He is not an equal. If he wasn't so greedy he'd be there now and you'd be happy, it's not the greed of the others to not pay him an amount he isn't entitled to. 

Okay, fair enough. Here's the thing though - we don't know what financial arrangement Izzy was offered by the partners. We don't know what Izzy asked for. It's purely speculation at this point to call Izzy greedy until we know the details of the offer. The "loot" tweet could mean that maybe Izzy asked for them to split revenue equally with the one-off shows in Vegas. Maybe it means that he wanted to return full-time and was hoping they would let past wounds heal and split the proceeds equally. Maybe he only wanted the fees to be split equally and not the merch. Who knows? What I am sure of though is that some kind of deal could have been worked out if there was interest in making it happen - Izzy does not have a reputation for being difficult or greedy.

There probably wasn't strong enough interest to make a deal because the partners figured that the tour would be a huge success regardless of Izzy's participation. And they were right. This gives them the upper hand in a financial negotiation. If you have the vantage point in a negotiation, are you going to pay someone what they're worth or lowball them and get them at the cheapest possible rate? If the intention is to make as much money as possible, then the latter seems likely. Izzy participating or not participating hasn't noticeably affected the tour financially. If I was in their place, logic would dictate that I'd give Izzy a barebones offer so that more money goes into my pocket.

On the flip side, here is more reasonable speculation: Adler has claimed that the fees he was paid were pretty low - low enough that he wasn't doing it for the money. Gilby and Matt turned down a chance to guest - were the fees insultingly low? Perhaps - why else would they turn it down? What exactly is Gilby doing these days that would warrant turning down a spot on this tour? There were rumors from "insiders" here that Izzy was lowballed. One of the former members, Pitman, called the whole thing a cash grab. Again - it's all speculation. But where there's smoke, there's usually fire and the partners being cheapskates definitely seems to have more credible speculation than Izzy's greed torpedoing a reasonable offer from Axl and co. 

I personally suspect that the band is running a very tight ship and trying to make the most amount of cash they possibly can (as they should). I think they probably lowballed Izzy, Matt, and Gilby hence all three declined any participation. But you could be right - maybe Izzy wanted to enjoy all the spoils as an equal partner and drew a line in the sand. Given Izzy's history though and knowing what we know about Axl, Slash and Duff - that theory (imho) seems unlikely. 

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Amazing right? :lol:

Yep - his piano arrangements are first class on Illusions. The guy is an underrated musician imho. 

Great find,i not know Axl play piano in 14 years,plus is a beautifoul song ,esp the part of piano👍

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

W. Axl Rose – piano, backing vocals, production

Slash – lead guitar, production

Izzy Stradlin – lead vocals, rhythm guitar, production

Duff McKagan – bass, backing vocals, production

Matt Sorum – drums, production

Dizzy Reed – organ, production

Where even is there an organ in this song? Its a top 5 favorite of mine and i never knew there was one in it. Maybe they turned it off or down like they did to izzy's guitar in '93

2 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Perhaps just a simple impression, but they behave like they barely even know each other. 

Must be the age and the millions upon millions of burned brain cells :lol: 

Same impression for me. (The Women's Thread disagrees strongly though.) :lol: They are getting on great as colleagues not as great friends. I don't know why I'm even thinking they should be great friends. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Talks of 2 minutes The General leak from kaneda. If they're trolling, its a veeery elaborated one lol

Elaborate? Lol. They have their little forum where they've been trolling and circle jerking together for a long time now. It's not that difficult to agree with a few people to pretend to have something and afterwards circle jerk some more about how they fooled so many people. GNR forums have quite a history of people pretending to be something else or having stuff to trade in order to lure out possible hoarders.

Maybe Kaneda has it, I don't know, but they certainly don't have anything now. If anything leaks, I'm sure it won't be contained between a dozen or something users on a known troll forum.

On topic: I loved that little video of Axl, Duff and Slash, but I do think it's a bit odd that Beta would point whoever filmed it in the direction of the 'big three'. Does she want to show us they all get along great? Hm.

16 hours ago, Scottanized said:

Everyone mentions Matt and Gilby turning the band down, has that actually been confirmed?

i seem to remember someone asking Matt via twitter when the band had announced the first dates of the 2016 NA tour and his reply was that he has not been asked.

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:01 PM, Pishy said:

Izzy wasn't going to be treated like a stage monkey , he wanted to be treated as an equal. Izzy wasn't going to make appearances when axl summoned him and thrn have coins tossed at him. Apparently , you worship money so much you can't understand what he meant . To you , money = smarts and money = success and well "guess who is laughing all the way to the bank!"

All these cliches about Izzy and adler are so tired but you feel they resonate because the propaganda that's amplified gets the 'benefit' that the sheep will hear their bell and nod in unison. What's this with "adler doesn't know how to kept his mouth shut?" It's so cringe and vomit inducing when another persont regurgitates this cheap bs. So adler needs to behave for you? Wtf does that even mean? As I recall, it's axl that talks 24/7 and went on tv to announce that "oh you know , Izzy is such a character , changes his mind on a whim , haha". And "oh yes, adler , he is playing" . Both pathetic lies. Those 3 blocked Izzy and their idea of adler played, was 1 song.  

Adler can speak what he wants . A lot of you demonstrate this vicarious authority over adler . News flash, worshipping axl doesnt make you axl , but I guess that's how cults go. How do you even allow yourself to discipline adler and then recount what he shouldn't have said? None of the things he even said are problematic . And nothing he said has anything to do with why he is not in the reuinuon. 

Izzy found that band, Izzy wrote a lot of the music. Adler was the producer , which is how those in the music industry that helped our appetite together , described him. They said without adler , it would have never worked. I think there is one large , glaring exhibit that demonstrates that point , Frank! But axl rather have the bigger team , like a child , and let slash know the band is his, and these are his people , slash is only a guest. Axl doesn't care what duff thinks as long as duff agrees to everything. This tour would never exist without slash , there is plenty of historical evidence for that as well. 

There is no GnR. It's a business now, you got that correct. Duff thinks he is bill gates because they both have a home in Seattle . Slash is afraid his ex wife will take half and he has some compulsion with accumulating wealth beyond what any human needs. The only ones with any integrity , dignity and who stayed musicians , are Izzy and Adler, and THAT is why they are not in the reuinuon. 

Edited Monday at 07:03 PM by Pishy

Adler was the brains behind AFD and is not in this reunion because he has too much integrity? Are you hearing yourself? This was the guy that was so strung out he sucked cocks for drug money....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Same impression for me. (The Women's Thread disagrees strongly though.) :lol: They are getting on great as colleagues not as great friends. I don't know why I'm even thinking they should be great friends. :facepalm:

fanboy talk aside, this is an interesting video in that Axl is even there at all. was that even happening on the UYI tour? that's actually a great fucking deal.

the video gets me cautiously optimistic about fresh studio work.

Edited by action

10 minutes ago, action said:

fanboy talk aside, this is an interesting video in that Axl is even there at all. was that even happening on the UYI tour? that's actually a great fucking deal.

the video gets me cautiously optimistic about fresh studio work.

This infamous pic comes to mind

CopI3jXW8AANSvJ.jpg

• Like 1