Tokyo 2009 VS Los Angeles 2017

Tokyo 2009 VS Los Angeles (longest show ever)  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

And that was also 8 years ago when AXL was 8 years younger. If you are only gonna weigh one factor, then every show from 1985 through 1993 was better. Nothing compares to AXL's voice in his 20's and early 30's.

You have no case because as MILO said, Axl DID sound like he did back then last year. He even went above and beyond in my opinion, especially on certain BIB songs. It was fucking unbelievable how he performed the Brian songs. It was the best he ever sounded. Complete control of his voice, reaching all the notes, with full rasp. It didn't even feel like the same guy I'd see on youtube before on the GNR tour. You can download pretty much 99% of shows from the 2016 ACDC dates and put it next to the AFD and UYI shows in terms of how Axl sounded.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

On 12/2/2017 at 5:27 AM, onurbayrak03 said:

Tokyo's vocals are far more better than todays... Cmon guys, just because Slash and Duff are there doesnt mean LA show was better. Axl's voice is the bottleneck 

I mean, that's your opinion. Not everybody lives and dies by just Axl.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Tokyo 2009

A lot more excitement and the dawn of a new era... 

I was not so excited because of the presence from DJ and the absence from Brain. Axl's vocal performance was still great though.

Edited by Sosso

On 12/3/2017 at 12:47 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

So what? Axl did even better than that 2009 voice LAST YEAR with AC/DC... What's your point?

2009 is miles away of this LA performance we got last week. It's good, I admit it, but it still is an average 2017 show...

AXL's voice was never better in 2009 or with ACDC than 1985-1993. Pure fallacy. Not even remotely close. 

Edited by thunderram

9 minutes ago, thunderram said:

AXL's voice was never better in 2009 or with ACDC than 1985-1993. Pure fallacy. Not even remotely close. 

Nobody's comparing it to the old days...

You said that it's unfair to compare his actual voice (the one he had at the Forum show) to the Tokyo 2009 one because there are 8 years in the middle. And I'm telling you that he sounded better than 2009 when he was with ACDC LAST YEAR.

It's not that hard to understand

18 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

No one besides Axl had the IT factor in 09. Slash has the IT factor along with Axl in 17. Duff is the icing on the cake. Axl sounds fine with loud music covering up his mess in a live experience. L.A. BABY!

I watched those shows mainly because of Axl, Tommy, Chris, Richard and Dizzy. Bascially those who remained from the 2002 line-up.

On 4.12.2017 at 10:29 PM, thunderram said:

Not even remotely close? How thick can one be? Have you not heard how he does Thunderstruck? The guy did his best vocal performances of his career, his vocal technique and control of his rasp is miles fucking ahead of his UYI era voice, he has NEVER sounded better than on that. Shoot to Thrill Lisbon. Back In Black Marseilles. Don't even need to continue. Put off your rose tinted glasses.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Not even remotely close? How thick can one be? Have you not heard how he does Thunderstruck? The guy did his best vocal performances of his career, his vocal technique and control of his rasp is miles fucking ahead of his UYI era voice, he has NEVER sounded better than on that. Shoot to Thrill Lisbon. Back In Black Marseilles. Don't even need to continue. Put off your rose tinted glasses.

I think he did it well for his age but If he did acdc in 1993 it would of been miles ahead of 2016 and he would of been running around at the same time. 

Edited by Gibbo

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I totally agree. Those performances are Axl at his best in terms of vocal technique