Tokyo 2009 VS Los Angeles 2017

Tokyo 2009 VS Los Angeles (longest show ever)  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tokyo 2009.

I just saw Guns in Hartford and the last Axl outing before that I saw was Axl DC in Philly.... Best Axl show I've ever been to.

I kept on cringing at the sound guy as he kept putting Axl's clean vocals to high in the mix this year in Hartford.  When Axl's voice was to high in the mix at AC DC it was awesome.

That's the closest Axl performance I'll ever see that rivals the amazing 2009 Tokyo shows, so 2009 Tokyo is definitely my choice.

On a side note I also saw guns in 2016 in Massachusetts.  And even though he used the clean voice along with the rasp over all it was a much better vocal performance.

I don't blame Axl for using his clean vocals, as it preserves the longevity of his voice and ability to tour.

The Forum. No, it wasn't a perfect performance from Axl, and there are still quite a few rough patches, but I'd still take it over Tokyo when you factor Slash into the mix. And those were probably my favorite performances of Prostitute and Maddy.

Plus, aside from IRS, Nightrain, and Nice Boys, I wasn't really blown away with Axl's voice on the Tokyo show either. Prostitute and TWAT were meh, and he sounded winded a lot since the tour was just starting. I did love that evil laugh he did on Better, though, and keep hoping that makes a reappearance one day. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

The Forum. No, it wasn't a perfect performance from Axl, and there are still quite a few rough patches, but I'd still take it over Tokyo when you factor Slash into the mix. And those were probably my favorite performances of Prostitute and Maddy.

Plus, aside from IRS, Nightrain, and Nice Boys, I wasn't really blown away with Axl's voice on the Tokyo show either. Prostitute and TWAT were meh, and he sounded winded a lot since the tour was just starting. I did love that evil laugh he did on Better, though, and keep hoping that makes a reappearance one day. :lol:

If we're going based solely on Axl's voice, I'd pick Tokyo by a long shot.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

If we're going based solely on Axl's voice, I'd pick Tokyo by a long shot.

Voice alone? Yeah, I'd probably take Tokyo. I'm not saying he was bad in Tokyo; he just wasn't so much better that it makes it impossible for me to not choose that show. If his performance were something like Dublin 2010? It'd be impossible not to go for the Tokyo show.

On 1.12.2017 at 3:47 AM, WWEROSES said:

The Los Angeles show only by a hair and thats because Estranged and Coma was in the set list.  Although hearing the ear piece audio from Tokyo was awesome, just hearing the conversations between Axl and the band was very humerus and entertaining. I'd love to hear the ear piece audio from any of the shows from NITL.

Where did you hear that?

Tough decision for me as well. Big fan. I’ve seen shows from 2006, even from 2010, that are my absolute favorites. Guess Tokyo brings him luck for some reason, huh? I mean, Axl’s 1992 performance there was just PHE-NO-ME-NAL. :shrugs:

Edited by Gabrielaerojas
Typo

yes, but overall that show was weird, it lacked something... hard to describe what. maybe it was quite sterile, lacked much of RnR power and feel... was more like some classic rock band show.

of course, 1991 US shows top this all, that was proper Guns N' Roses at their best :)

I already listen the bootleg twice with headphones. Still awesome. Voice is actually very good. some meh's and uh's but overall its a very good performance + Slash and Duff. This is Guns N' Roses.

i thought it would be over in 2014 but we got a amazing Soundboard recording with a good Axl, with SLASH and Duff, a damn fuckin long Setlist + plus all ChiDem Songs with Slash so far. This is  A+

On 12/1/2017 at 2:38 PM, F*ck Fear said:

I understand people wanting to see a gig because it has more of the original members of the band in the lineup, but those vocals are horrific! Tokyo 2009 was FAR better.

And that was also 8 years ago when AXL was 8 years younger. If you are only gonna weigh one factor, then every show from 1985 through 1993 was better. Nothing compares to AXL's voice in his 20's and early 30's.

32 minutes ago, thunderram said:

And that was also 8 years ago when AXL was 8 years younger. If you are only gonna weigh one factor, then every show from 1985 through 1993 was better. Nothing compares to AXL's voice in his 20's and early 30's.

So what? Axl did even better than that 2009 voice LAST YEAR with AC/DC... What's your point?

2009 is miles away of this LA performance we got last week. It's good, I admit it, but it still is an average 2017 show...

• Like 1