Question about entering Canada

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Canadians let Keith Richards back into the country having busted him for heroin in Toronto in 1977.

The Pierre Trudeau govt even dropped those charges since both Mick and Keith were shagging Pierres wife Margaret.  

And the current PM is their son Justin Trudeau, so chances are especially good.  Here's his wife singing a song she wrote for her daughter at a MLK Day event (for no other reason than because she's also a bit touched):

Edited by soon

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I plan on flying to Calgary next year to go to Banff and Lake Louise. A friend told me I would not be able to enter the country because I had a DUI 10 years ago. So for any Canadians here, is this true?

Depends on the charges on you.  A customs agent can deny you for any reason, or no reason at all.  Here is what I found on the subject

In order to enter Canada with a DUI conviction on your records, you will either need to be deemed “rehabilitated” or granted a temporary resident permit. A person is deemed rehabilitated if he has no criminal convictions for a minimum of 5 years after the completion of the imposed sentence.

Keep in mind the agent can deny entry as DUI is a serious offense in Canada.  This is one of those things that if you have not been in trouble since you SHOULD be able to get in, all you can do is try

43 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Depends on the charges on you.  A customs agent can deny you for any reason, or no reason at all.  Here is what I found on the subject

In order to enter Canada with a DUI conviction on your records, you will either need to be deemed “rehabilitated” or granted a temporary resident permit. A person is deemed rehabilitated if he has no criminal convictions for a minimum of 5 years after the completion of the imposed sentence.

Keep in mind the agent can deny entry as DUI is a serious offense in Canada.  This is one of those things that if you have not been in trouble since you SHOULD be able to get in, all you can do is try

Thanks man. I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

And Keith agreed to play a benefit show.

So that is what Holographic has to do to enter Canada: shag the PM's wife and play a benefit concert.

They were banging his missus, is that true? :lol:  I know there was a thing about his wife attending Stones gigs but I didn't know they were slipping her one as well :lol:  I like The Stones more and more everyday :lol:

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, soon said:

And the current PM is their son Justin Trudeau, so chances are especially good.  Here's his wife singing a song she wrote for her daughter at a MLK Day event (for no other reason than because she's also a bit touched):

you kind of would have to be expected to be a drinker if this is represents the entertainment  one might come upon :blink:

2 hours ago, CHRISSY said:

you kind of would have to be expected to be a drinker if this is represents the entertainment  one might come upon :blink:

Haha! That room represents our elites; more of a xanax crowd.  Not something the average person would have to worry about suffering through!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2017 at 3:39 AM, arnold layne said:

US customs are a bunch of cunts. 

I think that's in the job description; You must be a miserable bastard.

Canadian's aren't though. When I flew into Seattle a few years back and drove to Vancouver, the Canadian border people informed me about the results for the world cup and congratulated me that The Netherlands defeated Spain during my flight. Friendly folks! 

The customs people at the Seattle airport were miserable cunts. When I drove back from Canada to the US the border people were really nice though. 

6 hours ago, username said:

Canadian's aren't though. When I flew into Seattle a few years back and drove to Vancouver, the Canadian border people informed me about the results for the world cup and congratulated me that The Netherlands defeated Spain during my flight. Friendly folks! 

The customs people at the Seattle airport were miserable cunts. When I drove back from Canada to the US the border people were really nice though. 

Well yeah that was what I was trying to say.

When we traveled to Canada during the W era, the differences were night and day. While the US customs were being a bunch of hooray for tolerance!s, Canada had one guy reading the newspaper and waving everyone through. :lol: