[RUMOR] Is Dj Ashba Coming Back This Next Summer?

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Sorry dude, but I laughed at this when you said that Buckethead and Bumblefoot were the best two guitarists that GNR ever had. You lost the argument by saying that. A man wearing an upside down KFC bucket along with a wanna be Michael Meyers mask does not belong in GNR.  As far as Bumblefoot, I think he's good, but not great. I lost respect for him when he started to complain a bit too much.

Slash is the only lead guitarist for GNR. He is truly one of the great ones. Axl and Slash create magic that neither can do by themselves. 

Bucket is the better guitarist overall, but Slash is the better fit for Guns. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Bucket is the better guitarist overall, but Slash is the better fit for Guns. 

I agree with you about Slash being a better fit. I disagree with you about Bucket being an overall better guitarist. There's a reason why you never heard of Buckethead prior to GNR. There's a reason why the guy has 70 albums, yet, doesn't truly have a great song and isn't a household name. I get the fact that Bucket is a cult hit.  Back in the late 90s, I used to watch La Femme Nikita. It was a good show and was considered a cult hit. As much as I liked the show, it wasn't a great show. It had a niche and that's why it was a cult hit similar to Buckethead. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

Yes, because if you don't like it, it automatically means Slash doesn't like it either.

Yes because me posting my opinion here automatically means that I think Slash hates it or whatever :lol:

Moreover so, Slash never spoke about liking it or disliking it but you automatically assume that he likes it :lol:

Edited by killuridols

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes because me posting my opinion here automatically means that I think Slash hates it or whatever :lol:

Moreover so, Slash never spoke about liking it or disliking it but you automatically assume that he likes it :lol:

Slash and Duff were never really fond of November Rain and they played on that.. it comes with being in a band. Not every song is your favorite. 

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

I agree with you about Slash being a better fit. I disagree with you about Bucket being an overall better guitarist. There's a reason why you never heard of Buckethead prior to GNR. There's a reason why the guy has 70 albums, yet, doesn't truly have a great song and isn't a household name. I get the fact that Bucket is a cult hit.  Back in the late 90s, I used to watch La Femme Nikita. It was a good show and was considered a cult hit. As much as I liked the show, it wasn't a great show. It had a niche and that's why it was a cult hit similar to Buckethead. 

I bought a Buckethead CD back in the day when he joined Guns.. I have it uploaded to my cloud so it still pops up from time to time.. It is complete garbage.. I cannot press skip fast enough when it comes on. 

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I've come to hate TWAT. I find it a horrible song.

Poor Slash that he's got to play that crap.

Couldn't agree more... I just don't get it...

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

Uhm, no I don't... I only reacted to your assumption, never made an assumption on the matter myself.

Me not liking TWAT is not an assumption.  It is just my opinion or better said, my taste. 

Dont know why you have to make such a big deal out of it. We are not obliged to like every song of this band and that's fine.

Discussing opinions and musical taste is useless.

Edited by killuridols

Like others have written here, I believe that he's using gnr-tags to get more attention. The pic of his guitars where he's writing "ready for WAR"... Well isn't that how those guys express themselves, with a lot of military metaphores? When I write "those guys", I mean dude-bro's with poor fashion sense, no integrity and low intelligence. 

Ashba seems like a nice guy, but he's one of the biggest posers I've ever seen. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wasteofammo said:

DJ isn't bad. Seen him w gnr on multiple occasions. Thought he was spot on. Also threw a bottle of water that exploded on some assholes face in the crowd (hilarious). 

To funny.

Didn't he tell a story of a bar fight he got into and Axl was there??? I can vaguely remember. 

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Me not liking TWAT is not an assumption.  It is just my opinion or better said, my taste. 

Dont know why you have to make such a big deal out of it. We are not obliged to like every song of this band and that's fine.

Discussing opinions and musical taste is useless.

I wasn't reacting to your opinion on TWAT, because that wouldn't make any sense, but you made the assumption that because you don't like it, Slash doesn't like it either because you said ''poor Slash'', but how can you know whether he likes it or not? Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's how it came off. That's all.

Just now, EvanG said:

I wasn't reacting to your opinion on TWAT, because that wouldn't make any sense, but you made the assumption that because you don't like it, Slash doesn't like it either because you said ''poor Slash'', but how can you know whether he likes it or not? Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's how it came off. That's all.

I guess it came off the wrong way if that's what you've interpreted of it.

My bad... :shrugs:

Let's end this discussion here. Its not going anywhere and this thread is already going down the drain.

at first I thought you guys actually challanging this claim were actually - nuts!

Now reading your posts, I could see it making sense in the following way.

Ax realised he does want to continue CD II but with Slash and Duff back, he realized it is not GNR coup of tea so he releases it with Ash/Fartus/Melli/Frank, basically it becomes what CD I was - Ax solo project.

Meanwhile true Gunners are back, working on the new material like during AFD/UYI days, band minus Ax.

Slash/Duff/Matt/Iz or Gilby.

Not entirely impossible. Reunion tour can not go forever...Ax obviously does want some sort of solo album so...

Nothing ever made sense in GNR world, why should it now?

• Haha 1