[RUMOR] Is Dj Ashba Coming Back This Next Summer?

6 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

It's just this board over reading in to everything.

He simply banks off his short time in GN'R because without that, no one cares about him. (even with that, they still don't)

Exactly this!  GNR is a bigger name brand than even Sixx AM so this is the biggest namedrop DJ has in terms of establishing clout

you honestly think Ax would bring back Ashba :)  :):):):)

Before Slash, he coulnd't sell 2000 tickets anywhere outside London.

After smelling the money past 2 years - don't think he would go back to that.

We have more chances Slash convincing him to sip some money and return Iz/Gilb/Matt instead of Fartus/Melli/Ferrer

• Like 1

It is probably just Ashba self-publicity, piggybacking shameless promotion off of the reunited three's touring. Assuming he does replace Slash however, it is my belief that this tour would've been booked by promoters with the proviso that the band would consist of Axl, Slash and Duff, although once fans have bought their tickets it does not really help them much - how are ticket sales? There is nothing really there to protect consumers from the hazards of erratic line-up changes unless the parties concerned agree to offer refunds like AXL/DC. ! 

I wouldn't mind his coming back. But only if he is an addition to the current line-up. 

How can anyone act like kids about this, while we have an emo/anime SECOND keyboard player who quite clearly is one of music history's most OBVIOUS misfits still in the band. 

If DJ is coming back, it is most likely because of new material. He is good at the studio bit. Obviously they dont need him to play concerts, so I guess this rumour is actually a bit intriguing. 👍

16 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

If DJ is coming back, it is most likely because of new material. He is good at the studio bit. Obviously they dont need him to play concerts, so I guess this rumour is actually a bit intriguing. 👍

They also don't need him for the studio. Nothing that dude could do has anything to do with GNR.

1 hour ago, tbaugerud said:

I wouldn't mind his coming back. But only if he is an addition to the current line-up. 

How can anyone act like kids about this, while we have an emo/anime SECOND keyboard player who quite clearly is one of music history's most OBVIOUS misfits still in the band. 

Difference is you don't even notice Melissa at the back of the stage. While DJ wants to be the star with his Hogan ears and fist hitting his chest and drinking Jäger. Awful poser.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WAR = Axl solo record = Chinese Democracy part 2

Fortus + Ashba will be the guitar players on it.

Richard Fortus is more than ever in Guns N' Roses and won't leave. He is an absolute key member of the band and everybody loves him : Axl, Slash, Duff and the rest of the band.

It's simple :

Project 1  : Guns N' Roses with Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus and the rest of the band... this will be the SAME LINE-UP for the 2018 Tour. Don't worry.

Project 2 : WAR = Chinese Democracy part 2 = Axl, Fortus, DJ Ashba and whoever...

Mark my words;)

Edited by Sunset Boulevard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

WAR = Axl solo record = Chinese Democracy part 2

Fortus + Ashba will be the guitar players on it.

Richard Fortus is more than ever in Guns N' Roses and won't leave. He is an absolute key member of the band and everybody loves him : Axl, Slash, Duff and the rest of the band.

It's simple :

Project 1  : Guns N' Roses with Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus and the rest of the band... this will be the SAME LINE-UP for the 2018 Tour. Don't worry.

Project 2 : WAR = Chinese Democracy part 2 = Axl, Fortus, DJ Ashba and whoever...

Mark my words;)

Marked. Lol. 

• Haha 1

When DJ first joined and they went on tour in 2009-2010, I had no problen with him. His playing wasn't as bad as it would become (boredom maybe?) and Axl seemed happier.

I think the realization of no new material being made, Ashba got bored therefore, his playing sloppier.

As it stands, I would not like to see hin back in Guns N' Roses.

However, there is a bigger problem with how GNR sounds, and it's not the guitars....

2 hours ago, D.. said:

I'd be fine if DJ came back in the band, whether for studio material, live, or both. What the band misses though, is a guitar player on par with Bumblefoot or Buckethead. Those are the best two guitarists that ever joined Gn'R. TWAT, which is one of the best songs on CD, hasn't been given justice in the recent live interpretations. Slash just can't cover BBF or Bucket and Axl knows it.

What the band has is Slash.  The band doesn't need someone on par with Bumblefoot or Buckethead because the band has Slash.  

When was the last time you heard TWAT on the NITL tour?  If it was before Apollo gig then yes, you're right, Slash's take on both Robin's and Bucket's solos were bloody awful.  All the CD songs were awful.  However, from around about Louisville on the last NA leg, he started to improve on all the CD solos and well before the last show he was nailing every one beautifully.  And Axl, judging by his animated reactions each time, knew it.  Sorry and Prostitute solos were particular stand outs.

As far as TWAT goes, Slash took 6 attempts to nail Buckethead's (listen to the LA Forum version - it's the best) and he finally nailed Robin's on the very last show.  It's funny that Robin's gave him the most trouble. ^^

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What the band has is Slash.  The band doesn't need someone on par with Bumblefoot or Buckethead because the band has Slash.  

When was the last time you heard TWAT on the NITL tour?  If it was before Apollo gig then yes, you're right, Slash's take on both Robin's and Bucket's solos were bloody awful.  All the CD songs were awful.  However, from around about Louisville on the last NA leg, he started to improve on all the CD solos and well before the last show he was nailing every one beautifully.  And Axl, judging by his animated reactions each time, knew it.  Sorry and Prostitute solos were particular stand outs.

As far as TWAT goes, Slash took 6 attempts to nail Buckethead's (listen to the LA Forum version - it's the best) and he finally nailed Robin's on the very last show.  It's funny that Robin's gave him the most trouble. ^^

The TWAT solos are among my top favourites but there is only one lead guitar player GN'R has to have and that is Slash. Even if he couldn't play CD songs very well.

2 hours ago, D.. said:

The absence of loyalty of some people here... : p 

DJ came at a time a replacement was needed for both Robin Finck & Slash parts and he killed it in 2009-2010. I went to see them 4 times in 2010. He doesn't deserve all this shittalking. Slash kills it on his parts, but his takes on the CD tracks are bad (to me anyway). Imagine yourself in DJ's shoes back in 2009 with little time to learn all those songs from different guitar players, having to cover both Finck & Slash parts. His take was honorable, especially on Finck's parts. 

Also, creatively, he isn't half bad. His "Better" remix is great. I'm sure he would bring greats ideas for a record. Trust Axl, he knows what he's doing, he's the boss.

I'd be fine if DJ came back in the band, whether for studio material, live, or both. What the band misses though, is a guitar player on par with Bumblefoot or Buckethead. Those are the best two guitarists that ever joined Gn'R. TWAT, which is one of the best songs on CD, hasn't been given justice in the recent live interpretations. Slash just can't cover BBF or Bucket and Axl knows it.

Anyway, DJ coming back will probably not happen, but have some respect for the man. I'm sure Axl must have him in high regards for joining in a time when a guy like him was more than needed. I totally understand this.

Whatever Axl chooses to do with the band in the future is up to him, when you look back at what he's done as a whole, he's been the bigger man. I will always respect him for what he has done and what he has managed to come through. Him taking DJ back in the band would be more than okay and deserved. And if he doesn't, fine as well. Most important thing right now is for him to recover, I'm expecting top vocals from him, definitely going to attend the 2018 Paris show ; ) (and get the fucking t-shirt this time!!)

Sorry dude, but I laughed at this when you said that Buckethead and Bumblefoot were the best two guitarists that GNR ever had. You lost the argument by saying that. A man wearing an upside down KFC bucket along with a wanna be Michael Meyers mask does not belong in GNR.  As far as Bumblefoot, I think he's good, but not great. I lost respect for him when he started to complain a bit too much.

Slash is the only lead guitarist for GNR. He is truly one of the great ones. Axl and Slash create magic that neither can do by themselves. 

• GNFNR 2