[RUMOR] Is Dj Ashba Coming Back This Next Summer?

23 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

at first I thought you guys actually challanging this claim were actually - nuts!

Now reading your posts, I could see it making sense in the following way.

Ax realised he does want to continue CD II but with Slash and Duff back, he realized it is not GNR coup of tea so he releases it with Ash/Fartus/Melli/Frank, basically it becomes what CD I was - Ax solo project.

Meanwhile true Gunners are back, working on the new material like during AFD/UYI days, band minus Ax.

Slash/Duff/Matt/Iz or Gilby.

Not entirely impossible. Reunion tour can not go forever...Ax obviously does want some sort of solo album so...

Nothing ever made sense in GNR world, why should it now?

So you think Axl will release his material already written under a new name or solo name? I thought that but they all have to realize time is against them.  

Seriously, you should rename this fucking thread. This is not a rumour. Just a gibberish, feverish dream/theory of someone who wants to stir shit up. No one official insinuated to his return. Just someone. Drawing farfetched conclusion. Just like a conspiracy theory.

• Like 2

Ashba dropping GNR tags has achieved its purpose even if he's not coming back. People on here, are talking about it. Pretty average form if you ask me but he's shameless when it comes to hawking swag and drinking energy drinks so it's not surprising. 

As for rumours of this being about CD2, I think that's a stretch. I think any new music with Axl is a stretch as of this moment in time. I have not seen one realistic indicator to suggest Axl will release even one snippet of a song under the GNR name in any way, shape or form! And as for solo projects or anything else, I highly doubt it. 

The only thing I see him doing anything new on is AC/DC because for some reason he has a hard on for Angus and proving something with them rather than rewarding his own fan base for GNR. Go figure! 

If ashba comes back, I wouldn't be surprised but I don't see it happening. We are going to get another tour in 2018, the same one we got in 2017, the only difference is you can add a few more zeroes to Axl, slash and duffs bank accounts! 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Draguns said:

I agree with you about Slash being a better fit. I disagree with you about Bucket being an overall better guitarist. There's a reason why you never heard of Buckethead prior to GNR. There's a reason why the guy has 70 albums, yet, doesn't truly have a great song and isn't a household name. I get the fact that Bucket is a cult hit.  Back in the late 90s, I used to watch La Femme Nikita. It was a good show and was considered a cult hit. As much as I liked the show, it wasn't a great show. It had a niche and that's why it was a cult hit similar to Buckethead. 

Hey! Nikita is masterpiece ...

“Dj has a bunch of stuff he wants to do musically...”.

-Nikki Sixx (Loudwire October 2017 when discussing lack of future plans for Sixx: A.M.)

If anyone ever understood the value of a “platform” it’s Dj. Personally have a hard time imagining him just walking away from Sixx: A.M. (where he’s a key-contributor/founding member of a Tier II band with some decent radio success in its history) to nothing. That doesn’t necessarily mean Guns is in his future- but keeping tabs on the guy in this regard doesn’t seem totally crazy to me either...

3 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

I don't believe in this news...

Ok I liked DJ when He was in band...Watched them live in2010 ,and he was great...

But I don't see his place in new band...

GUns have Slash (live legend) on lead guitar and Richard on rytham...Where do you see Dj?

In the merch stand, selling ashba wather and swag....;)

• Haha 2

Not saying it won’t happen- but I thought Axl was always pretty adament that Chinese and any CD II material was “Guns N’ Roses” material created in that spirit- and that a solo album from him would sound very different...

Makes me wonder if Guns couldn’t exist on two separate plains- if it doesn’t already (kind of has since Bucket/Robin left)- whereby Axl creates/releases with a studio line-up (think Tobias, Mantia, Reese, Ashba? etc. these days), but tours (very lucratively!) with Slash n’ Duff?

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

1 hour ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Not saying it won’t happen- but I thought Axl was always pretty adament that Chinese and any CD II material was “Guns N’ Roses” material created in that spirit- and that a solo album from him would sound very different...

Makes me wonder if Guns couldn’t exist on two separate plains- if it doesn’t already (kind of has since Bucket/Robin left)- whereby Axl creates/releases with a studio line-up (think Tobias, Mantia, Reese, Ashba? etc. these days), but tours (very lucratively!) with Slash n’ Duff?

Now THAT's an Axl Rose 'type of thing'...

Didn't someone (either or Duff or Slash) say that they could see a new Guns album with a lot of "guest" appearances? I seem to remember this, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, perhaps DJ could be one of those "guest musicians" I could also see him in some sort of producing/behind the scenes aspect. So while I don't see him rejoining the band, he could be "part" of it, just not a band member. Which it would only help him sell Ashba swag and help with SixxAm if he has ANYTHING to do with a new Guns album, which he loves self promotion.