Rumor of a new album???

What makes this rumour seem credible to most of you?

I mean, even if it's indeed about Guns, it's not the first time we hear a rumour that the band is planning to release an album...

I would expect @DieselDaisy to say that Guns are never going to release any new music, but you don't seem to rule it out this time :lol:

I'm not all that much acquainted with what other bands are doing but this piece of information just screams Guns N'Roses. The money for recent tour, the remembering how good they can be, I mean, who cares about Kiss or Smashing Pumpkins or whatever? This was the comeback of several decades that brought hundreds of thousands of people to the biggest stadiums.

As for something they'd never do - well they had said they'd never do anything together again, so it includes an album as well and it could be a reference to that. Half-assed efforts to me relate to what they were doing before the split - Slash doing Snakepit, Axl not showing-up and all this drama. Whether it's true or not I don't know but I feel pretty sure it is about GN'R.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think I know who it is.

Fleetwood Mac. 

That would sell a ridiculous amount of money, honestly

With the news about Journey touring this morning, it makes me think of Steve Perry joining that band again for a last hurrah.

Roger Waters & David Gilmour reuniting would be so many years too late, with every other original member dead.

Fleetwood Mac fits,

- Have ''(most of) the original lineup'' (three members), and Christine McVie rejoined recently from their most successful aor line-up.

- ''Something they said they'd never, ever do''? They haven't released an album since 2003, and Stevie Nicks was dismissing the idea of a new album in 2016: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7502871/stevie-nicks-24-karat-gold-tour-interview-fleetwood-mac

- ''Alimony''http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3352818/Fleetwood-Mac-drummer-Mick-set-way-divorce-wife-Lynn-Frankel-finalised.html

- ''Recent concert money''? They played two big concerts in July 2017 at Dodger Stadium and Citi Field.

- ''half-hearted collaborative efforts''? Released June 2017,

Buckingham_McVie.jpg

It is Fleetwood Mac. I'm convinced. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fleetwood Mac fits,

- Have ''(most of) the original lineup'' (three members), and Christine McVie rejoined recently from their most successful aor line-up.

- ''Something they said they'd never, ever do''? They haven't released an album since 2003, and Stevie Nicks was dismissing the idea of a new album in 2016: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7502871/stevie-nicks-24-karat-gold-tour-interview-fleetwood-mac

- ''Alimony''http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3352818/Fleetwood-Mac-drummer-Mick-set-way-divorce-wife-Lynn-Frankel-finalised.html

- ''Recent concert money''? They played two big concerts in July 2017 at Dodger Stadium and Citi Field.

Buckingham_McVie.jpg

This is a really good guess.  I like it.  I'm a big fan of Fleetwood Mac so if this happens, I'll be thrilled. Still want it to be GNR though.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

4 minutes ago, Mrk said:

Lindsey and Stevie are nowhere near original members of Fleetwood Mac. The band had made a career long before they joined.

Some will argue that their career actually started with their 2nd self-titled and Rumours :awesomeface:

4 minutes ago, Mrk said:

Lindsey and Stevie are nowhere near original members of Fleetwood Mac. The band had made a career long before they joined.

Fleetwood Mac still have two originals, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, which is only one less than Guns N' Roses's current original ratio (leaving arguments about Tracii Guns aside for another day).

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fleetwood Mac still have two originals, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, which is only one less than Guns N' Roses's current original ratio (leaving arguments about Tracii Guns aside for another day).

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fleetwood Mac fits,

Buckingham_McVie.jpg

But FM releasing new music doesn't have that hell-freezes-over quality that a new GNR album could have. They've been touring almost constantly since The Dance and all classic members are on civil enough terms. I doubt they'd hide it if they're working on something, and I doubt they'd place an "if you leave, it's over" ultimatum on it. With the AFD5 though, it's a different story and it fits them far more.

Just now, nonok said:

But FM releasing new music doesn't have that hell-freezes-over quality that a new GNR album could have. They've been touring almost constantly since The Dance and all classic members are on civil enough terms. I doubt they'd hide it if they're working on something, and I doubt they'd place an "if you leave, it's over" ultimatum on it. With the AFD5 though, it's a different story and it fits them far more.

It would be their first Fleetwood Mac album since 2003 and the first album featuring the entire 'Rumours' band since 1987's Tango in the Night. It would be a seminal event I feel. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I can't speak for Diesel Daisy, but for me, the rumour is credible due to the host of other clues that go along with it, including the more recent ones of

- Richard's 'tracking' guitar he posted on his IG and the 'special' amp for which he hash tagged GNR

- Melissa and Kat 'relocating' to LA

- All of them being in LA at the same time

- Everything being uncertain where Conspirators are concerned

- Duff not showing up to Walking Papers first gig (album dropped today by the way - it's really good!) and general lack of involvement in promo/press for that

- Jeff Angell saying that they will be having different line ups during the touring of WP album to 'surprise people' i.e. cos Duff is not going to reliably be with them

- Slash being blatantly secretive about his 'new material' he's working on and Nikki and Joe Perry blatantly failing to follow up on that during the interview

- Arlette saying she couldn't say anything when asked about new music, as opposed to just saying, no, there won't be any, or I don't know.

- Axl eating pizza on a Friday night with Beta - it's a sure fire sign. :lol: j/k

There are other clues that go further back...

But what about the source of this rumor? Does it have any credibility?

Anyone could make up something like that since there are a few bands fitting more or less the description.

Yes I know there are many clues out there, but on the other hand, this makes it easier to stir up such rumors...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gackt said:

That would sell a ridiculous amount of money, honestly

With the news about Journey touring this morning, it makes me think of Steve Perry joining that band again for a last hurrah.

Roger Waters & David Gilmour reuniting would be so many years too late, with every other original member dead.

Wait, what are you talking about? There's no indication of Steve Perry rejoining Journey, and Nick Mason is still alive. 

The sense of the rumour is firstly that this is an extent line-up (i.e. not a band reuniting before recording), of ''mostly'' originals, that have just recently completed financially successful shows. Secondly is that they have refused to do an album until now (''agreed to do something they said they'd never'').

It cannot be then Floyd or Zeppelin who haven't played live since two one-offs in 2007 and 2008. It cannot be reunited Appetite Guns or Love Gun Kiss as that would necessitate line-up changes, creating line-ups different from the recent shows played. It probably cannot be Van Halen and Black Sabbath who both released quasi-reunion albums in 2012 and 2013; Sabbath would also be doing an u-turn on the 'farewell' thing. It cannot be Bon Jovi who are now operating under a bastard line-up and anyhow release albums. It cannot be current Kiss who released albums in 2009 and 2012, and anyhow, a release would not have that much interest to generate such a rumour. It cannot be Red Hot Chillie Peppers who release albums at reasonable intervals. Aerosmith? They consist of entirely originals; this band remember has ''mostly'' originals. Crue? Again, their last line-up consisted of solely originals who regardless released an album in 2008. 

That leaves only Fleetwood Mac and (current) Guns N' Roses. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

I don't think the desire for a new Fleetwood Mac album is really all that high. Not enough for it to be "secret" or with some high profile producer. If Fleewood Mac were working on an album, they would probably just say so. They tend to be a fairly transparent band.

5 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

Fleetwoc mac is certainly not a permanent a list rock band.

I would argue they're more A-list than GNR.  After all, GNR have only been 'remembered ' by the mainstream since the NILT tour.  Before that?  They weren't even in the vocabulary for the average Joe on the street - not because they're not good enough but because they'd been largely forgotten about.  Fleetwood Mac have been ever present in the mainstream because their radio friendly hits have been played consistently over the years.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I would argue they're more A-list than GNR.  After all, GNR have only been 'remembered ' by the mainstream since the NILT tour.  Before that?  They weren't even in the vocabulary for the average Joe on the street - not because they're not good enough but because they'd been largely forgotten about.  Fleetwood Mac have been ever present in the mainstream because they're radio friendly hits have been played consistently over the years.

False. The name gnr has always stood for an a-list rock band. Not because of axls incarnation but for everything they’ve done in the 80s and 90s. In peoples minds the old gnr always stood for one of the biggest bands on the planet. People would still go apeshit over jungle or paradise being played at clubs. Even in the 2000s.

Fleetwood mac certainly don’t. They could never pull off a tour like nitl. The average rockfan doesnt even know who they are.

Edited by Carmenjello