Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

17 hours ago, RONIN said:

Because this band releases no info at all and in the rare times they do it's largely bullshit. Speculation has helped document the history of the band since '96.

Niven is not stating things definitively in his quotes. They're his opinions based on what he's heard from people close to the band. If fans take his opinions as facts, is Niven to be blamed?

Here are the exact quotes:

1. In 2014, Niven wrote an article which had an interesting little anecdote:

When the band was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Izzy set up a meeting with Axl at a L.A. Hotel. He wanted to get an agreement for the original band to play together one last time - do the fuckin' re-union there in that moment and then say “thank you, good fuckin' night.” After waiting for two hours for Axl to show, he drove home. No-show Axl had made him miserable one more fuckin' time.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2014-06-04/opinion-why-izzy-stradlin-was-the-heart-of-guns-n-roses

- No confirmation on whether this did or didn't happen. But Izzy and Axl are both conspicuously absent at the awards ceremony. The way this is written in Niven's article, I just can't see why this would be fake. Why lie about something like this in an article about "Izzy being the heart of the soul of GnR"? He could have easily omitted this and it wouldn't have really impacted the article. I think he mentioned this incident because somebody in the know told him about it. There's no other credible explanation for why it's presented the way it is. And...nobody publicly denied it. Not Axl, Slash, or Duff. :shrugs:

2. In January 2016, Niven says this:

“Izzy will sit on the sidelines until he feels like he wants to get his toes in the water. He doesn’t like all the drama. “I think he’s written with them. Recently.” Around this time, Duff's wife Susan says ‘never say never’ in regard to Izzy returning to the band. 

https://www.alternativenation.net/izzy-stradlin-is-writing-new-music-with-guns-n-roses/

- So, Izzy and Duff could have been writing GnR songs in studio in late 2015. -

Is this a matter of Niven being out of the loop and making stuff up/guessing or him knowing Duff and Izzy met up recently to write and he just assumed they were doing GnR stuff? From the wording, it appears someone asked him his thoughts on Izzy being in the reunion and Niven is answering based on what he knows about Izzy in the past. That he'll "sit on the sidelines..." - he also says he "thinks" Izzy and Duff are writing, which sounds like a bit of guesswork. He's not really claiming to be in the know here.

Iirc there was some talk on the forum that Izzy and Duff did connect in late 2015....? So if they did meet up, the question is - what was it about? Early negotiations? Duff is by his own admission handling the business stuff and serving as the band's PR wing. It would make sense that he's the first to reach out to Izzy. Izzy is also closer to Duff than anyone else in the band. So maybe Niven was right that Izzy and Duff met, but he was guessing as to the context of the meeting.

3. Alan Niven is interviewed in early 2018 and mentions that he imagines  Izzy is more than likely very upset with the band (something we all know) and that he was at a rehearsal in the midwest last year before things went bad.

This lines up with a forum member mentioning that a friend of his had observed Izzy at a rehearsal in Nashville. Again the way this story is told by Niven, I just wonder - why lie about something like this? If you were going to make up a story, why make it up in this fashion and what are the chances of it coinciding with something a forum member wrote in 2016?

Note: he did not say Izzy was just at a soundcheck. He said Izzy was at a soundcheck in the midwest. Someone out of the loop or lying would more than likely not be that specific.  Unless Niven haunts this forum, it seems extremely unlikely that he's intentionally lying. If he's wrong about this, he's more than likely getting fed information from a source that isn't really in the loop. 

<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

- My take on Niven is simply that he's answering GnR related questions that he's asked and throwing a bone to the GnR fanbase.  I do think Niven has some access to the GnR camp via some of the band's old crew who are still there. He could very likely still have a relationship with Slash. If Arlett is in the know on certain things, I don't see why Niven wouldn't be unless he's on the outs with Slash. We just don't know what his access is like. As far as his credibility - I'm not really sure there is hard evidence to not give him the benefit of doubt (aside from Axl hating him). I'm certainly inclined to believe him and Arlett on certain issues over Team Brazil/Duff. 

Do I think Izzy was at that soundcheck? 

Probably not. I just don't see why he would bother after the Coachella negotiations fell through and then being left out once the tour w/ Live Nation was announced. They might have all had a change of heart and tried re-engage Izzy and Steven once the tour was going well and they were all getting along. Maybe once Steven was in the mix, Izzy became interested again and flew out to Nashville as a gesture of good faith but things stalled again over money. That could explain the hostile response from him after Axl's interview. 

I have a feeling they've patched up a bit though. An upset Izzy is not going to publicly acknowledge birthday wishes from Duff and Slash. Maybe those two tried to pacify him after his tweet set off a round of negative publicity for the band. These guys are smooth operators - it's in their best interest ($$$) to keep people like Izzy and Steven silent. That could also be a mandate from Live Nation - asking the band members to keep everyone in line so they avoid any unwanted PR during this massive tour. 

Then you don't know what you're talking about dude. Go back and read your GnR history - there's quotes everywhere on this forum from GnR members talking about Niven.

The only one who doesn't like Niven in the band is Axl. Since you love Axl so much, it's understandable why you see Niven as a shyster. But nobody in the band supported his firing except Axl. Izzy hired him as his manager for Ju Ju Hounds and Slash publicly thanked him at the Rock HOF. In Slash's book, he says that firing Niven and hiring Goldstein was the downfall of the band. 

Well I'm just in the minority about the RnRHOF. It's pretty much a joke Imho on many levels, I could care less if guns were or were not nominated or inducted. It's just a bunch of political lobbying, back door politics with money as it's main motivator. 

I'm not suggesting that Niven didn't help the band on many fronts but I do think the timing on alot of those old quotes is mainly people not taking accountability for thier own actions inside and outside of the band. I would think that if Axl was not happy with him having him stay longer would have just been more friction and drama. That version of the band had to many other circumstances within the band that were going to cause it it implode regardless of who was managing at the time. Ex. Creative differences, that alone was never going to be ironed out. The bottom line is that Axl and Slash didn't see eye to eye. 

7 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

It's not rational or particularly smart to take everything a Former Manager who admittedly hasn't been in contact with the band in years says as gospel. 

Nor is it rational or particularly smart to dismiss a former manager based on perceived biases and/or because certain things he says doesn't pan out. 

If you read my post, I'm not agreeing with what Niven said. I mentioned that I seriously doubt Izzy was at the soundcheck. I take this type of stuff on a case by case basis and draw my own conclusions. But I don't know what happened there. Nobody is willing to go on the record to clear that up. All we have is a former "insider" mentioning it and a forum member's story sort of corroborating it. Speculating based on this type of this stuff is the lifeblood of this forum and gnr fandom for the last 20 years. We would literally know nothing about 1997-2005 GnR if not for forum speculation. If we had more "facts", then yeah I'd be in complete agreement with you that we should stick to facts more than speculation. But we don't have facts. 

He also relayed that Izzy was recording recently with GNR and that is an outright lie. 

No he didn't say Izzy was recording with GnR. Do you have proof he said they were recording together?

He said he "thinks" Izzy has written with them. That's not a definitive statement. He's speculating based on what he's heard around the grapevine - and he's repeating it to someone who asked him whether he heard anything about Izzy's involvement w/ the band. That's it. If people read into his opinion more than intended, that's not Alan Niven's fault or proof that he's a liar. Let's be reasonable here.

Here's the quote again:

“Izzy will sit on the sidelines until he feels like he wants to get his toes in the water. He doesn’t like all the drama. “I think he’s written with them. Recently.” Around this time, Duff's wife Susan says ‘never say never’ in regard to Izzy returning to the band. 

https://www.alternativenation.net/izzy-stradlin-is-writing-new-music-with-guns-n-roses/

He made this bizarre statement about Axl in AC/DC. 

“I’m looking at what Ali stood for and what he was prepared to give up and the spirit of the man, and at the same time I’m really disappointed to see Axl playing in AC/DC and running around under a pair devil horns,” Niven told Lafon.

“There’s an old maxim that I’ve always tried to follow, which is: ‘Never defend the devil … The superficial thing is that while Ali is obviously ascending his stairway to heaven, I think I’m watching Axl really unfortunately on his highway to hell, and that’s really sad to me. I always thought he was on a spiritual quest, but I don’t think it ends up with being on stage with someone like Angus Young.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.australianetworknews.com/axl-rose-slammed-guns-n-roses-manager-hes-way-hell/amp/

So he's guilty of being an eccentric kook. Welcome to the music industry. How does this in any way affect his credibility as a source of GnR information aside from offering insight into certain odd beliefs he has? 

Axl spent millions on a faith healer named Yoda. He used to pick GnR concert locations through Yoda's energy readings. I am not making this up. Should we dismiss anything Axl says too because he has some ridiculous beliefs or as Matt Sorum put it, "a guy with millions to blow on lunacy"?

Sounds to me like Niven just doesn't dig AC/DC and thinks it's a waste of Axl's time. I feel the same way. AC/DC to me is a cock rock band (sorry AC/DC fans) and the redhead spent the last 25 years running away from Slash's cock rock....only to embrace it with Angus. That's just bizarre.

You believe everything Niven utters if you want to, and post all of his quotes, and your fan fiction suppositions if that makes you happy, but don't expect everyone else to make the same choice and believe it. 

You're putting words in my mouth and cherry picking arguments here mate. I haven't made any fan fiction suppositions in my post on this thread nor have I ever said I believed everything Niven utters - in fact, I say the exact opposite in my post.

Posting quotes is a good way to consider what the source is saying instead of mistakenly assuming things that they may have said (or didn't say).  Call me crazy but I like to consider other sources of information when it comes to GnR instead of relying solely on what Team Brazil posts on twitter or the random sliver of info that comes from one  of the band members (most of whom appear to be under air tight legal muzzles to keep their mouth shut). 

I think he is mistaken on numerous issues. :blink:

Cool. To each their own. I think he's mistaken on a few issues also. That's the nature of second hand insider information. Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes it isn't.

Edited by RONIN

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I am also uncertain about how much to trust Niven. He is so obviously biased when it comes to both Axl and Izzy. I know I can't trust him 100 %, but I have no idea to what degree I can trust him. Is he just embellishing a bit, retelling rumors he would like to be true, making things up? I have no idea.

Why can't anyone just be unbiased? What a fucking polarizing band :lol: 

For sure. I think it's simply a case by case basis and assessing the "evidence" at hand. I've learned to take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to this band. :lol: With Niven or any of these GnR insiders, we're just assembling the few scraps of info given to paint the picture. Lining up what they say with what others have said and seeing where it all fits into the larger GnR puzzle.

Going by what the band members and crew have said about certain people, you can get a sense of where they're coming from. Even Doug Goldstein, the cockroach of the GnR universe, is a valuable source of information. He had a ton of great insight into the inner workings of the band. If you sift through his agenda, his interview with Mitch Lafon was pretty insightful into the role Slash played within the band's business affairs or the "alleged" reason Niven lost Slash's support in the band. Knowing Goldstein hates Niven doesn't mean he can't be right about certain things when it comes to Alan. The thing is that we as fans are as biased as these people and many times we just pick and choose things that support what we believe. ;)

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Well I'm just in the minority about the RnRHOF. It's pretty much a joke Imho on many levels, I could care less if guns were or were not nominated or inducted. It's just a bunch of political lobbying, back door politics with money as it's main motivator. 

I'm not suggesting that Niven didn't help the band on many fronts but I do think the timing on alot of those old quotes is mainly people not taking accountability for thier own actions inside and outside of the band. I would think that if Axl was not happy with him having him stay longer would have just been more friction and drama. That version of the band had to many other circumstances within the band that were going to cause it it implode regardless of who was managing at the time. Ex. Creative differences, that alone was never going to be ironed out. The bottom line is that Axl and Slash didn't see eye to eye. 

No opinion on the Rock HOF - all I'm saying is, Slash thought highly enough of Niven to praise him in front of a room full of his peers and industry veterans. That speaks volumes about what he thinks about him. There's one name none of the band members mentioned during their speeches: Doug Goldstein, Axl's personally chosen manager - someone Axl himself later threw out. 

Without getting too off-topic, I think the issue at hand is whether Niven is credible or a proven liar. There's a number of people trashing him here and imho the evidence to support his "lies" are unconvincing. When I think of a proven liar in the GnR camp, I think of Doug Goldstein. Not because I dislike him (which I do) but because he makes statements that are laughably far-fetched (e.g. Slash playing with MJ hurt his relationship with Axl) which aren't corroborated by anyone in the inner circle. Nobody in the band holds him in high regard either. I'm looking for a consensus of opinion or facts to accept/dismiss what someone is saying.

Nobody has stepped up to say Niven is wrong with anything he's said recently from the HOF story to the Izzy @ a soundcheck in the midwest anecdote he told. Nobody even knows if Izzy wrote with the band. People are saying that didn't turn out to be true. Do we know for sure? Almost nothing about Izzy's role in the reunion is known aside from an offhanded statement from Axl that he flaked out. So that means, according to Axl, the band was in touch with him and tried to negotiate with him earlier. Then it's conceivable that perhaps Izzy may have written with them. It's conceivable he may have been at a soundcheck with them. We just don't know anything definitively until someone close to the band corroborates this stuff. 

If Izzy says Niven is full of shit, then that's something to note. But there's just silence. Oh and we have a few vintage quotes from Axl about how Niven was in it for the money and mean to him - stuff which again isn't really backed up by the other band members or crew but is supposed to make us doubt his intentions here. Niven probably thinks Axl is a dick. A shocker because a lot of people, including some of the band members and a bunch of GnR fans feel the same way about Axl. Just because Niven likes Izzy better than the redhead doesn't mean his word is immediately suspect. People can tell the truth and state facts even if they don't like somebody. Steven Adler, Izzy, Slash and Matt Sorum have said far worse things about Axl.  Niven has also been complimentary of Axl on record (including recently). Let's be reasonable here.

The main underlying issue on this thread seems to be whether you believe the band is capable of backstabbing one of the members. If you believe that, you're more inclined to believe Niven's version of events. If you're Team Axl, then you're probably going to find the Izzy stories suspect. 

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Nor is it rational or particularly smart to dismiss a former manager based on perceived biases and/or because certain things he says doesn't pan out. 

If you read my post, I'm not agreeing with what Niven said. I mentioned that I seriously doubt Izzy was at the soundcheck. I take this type of stuff on a case by case basis and draw my own conclusions. But I don't know what happened there. Nobody is willing to go on the record to clear that up. All we have is a former "insider" mentioning it and a forum member's story sort of corroborating it. Speculating based on this type of this stuff is the lifeblood of this forum and gnr fandom for the last 20 years. We would literally know nothing about 1997-2005 GnR if not for forum speculation. If we had more "facts", then yeah I'd be in complete agreement with you that we should stick to facts more than speculation. But we don't have facts. 

No he didn't say Izzy was recording with GnR. Do you have proof he said they were recording together?

He said he "thinks" Izzy has written with them. That's not a definitive statement. He's speculating based on what he's heard around the grapevine - and he's repeating it to someone who asked him whether he heard anything about Izzy's involvement w/ the band. That's it. If people read into his opinion more than intended, that's not Alan Niven's fault or proof that he's a liar. Let's be reasonable here.

Here's the quote again:

So he's guilty of being an eccentric kook. Welcome to the music industry. How does this in any way affect his credibility as a source of GnR information aside from offering insight into certain odd beliefs he has? 

Axl spent millions on a faith healer named Yoda. He used to pick GnR concert locations through Yoda's energy readings. I am not making this up. Should we dismiss anything Axl says too because he has some ridiculous beliefs or as Matt Sorum put it, "a guy with millions to blow on lunacy"?

Sounds to me like Niven just doesn't dig AC/DC and thinks it's a waste of Axl's time. I feel the same way. AC/DC to me is a cock rock band (sorry AC/DC fans) and the redhead spent the last 25 years running away from Slash's cock rock....only to embrace it with Angus. That's just bizarre.

You're putting words in my mouth and cherry picking arguments here mate. I haven't made any fan fiction suppositions in my post on this thread nor have I ever said I believed everything Niven utters - in fact, I say the exact opposite in my post.

Posting quotes is a good way to consider what the source is saying instead of mistakenly assuming things that they may have said (or didn't say).  Call me crazy but I like to consider other sources of information when it comes to GnR instead of relying solely on what Team Brazil posts on twitter or the random sliver of info that comes from one  of the band members (most of whom appear to be under air tight legal muzzles to keep their mouth shut). 

Cool. To each their own. I think he's mistaken on a few issues also. That's the nature of second hand insider information. Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes it isn't.

I agree, it’s not the “Gospel according to Alan Niven”, it’s more “here’s some of the truth” from Alan Niven. A guy who was there in the thick of it in he early days. And every guy in the band from the period 1986-1996 has “some of the truth” from their perspective. 

I take him on a case by case basis. Some I believe, some I think is second hand and partly wrong, some is wrong.

I think say what you want about Niven, but he loved that band and their music. He was a fan as much as anything. The fucks that came after cared only about Axl. 

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all have their version of things and I also take that case by case. I think they even say in their books something like “here’s how I saw it” as a foreword. 

In lieu of any fucking info as was mentioned in the above post, forums like this take a bunch of witness statements and put them through the jury here in the forum. 😂

All sides have to be represented equally, and posting quotes tells you what the person being discussed said on the topic. They are as much fact, as these types of rumours or stories can have, all we got is speculation.

Bullshit and Contemplation, Gossips their trade.

If they knew half the real truth, What would they say.

Edited by Powderfinger
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

n o hard no 

bottom line is that izzy was forced out

12 hours ago, RONIN said:

Here's the quote again:

I would never quote alternative nation to prove anything, except what liars and embellishers they are. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/guns-n-roses-working-on-new-music-with-izzy-stadlin-according-to-former-manager/amp/

"Alan Niven, the former manager of Guns N’ Roses, claimed in an interview this week that Izzy Stradlin “recently” wrote music with the band. Stradlin is apparently sitting out of the GNR’s upcoming tour, but his involvement in new music would undoubtedly alleviate criticism from fans who say it’s not a true reunion without Stradlin."

Izzy has not written recently with GNR, so the statement was false.

Axl's and Yoda's business have absolutely nothing to do with this topic, and his beliefs aren't any more silly than thousands upon thousands of people that believe in an invisible sky daddy or other imaginary being. 

Despite all the walls of needless text that most have already read or are aware of that you feel impelled to post, I don't believe anything Niven says, he is wrong on several issues, his information is not correct and admittedly he hasn't spoken to Izzy in years, he is out of the loop and not a valid or credible source of GNR info. 

Also am not interested in your interpretations of quotes which are assumptive and border on fan fiction. 

Getting little news is no reason to invent news or concoct stories. 

8 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

n o hard no 

bottom line is that izzy was forced out

Forced out? No. 

When Izzy quit in the 90's it was his decision, his choice. 

Recently it was his decision not to be a part of the 3union because GNR and Izzy couldn't reach a decision that everyone was happy with. 

4 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Forced out? No. 

When Izzy quit in the 90's it was his decision, his choice. 

Recently it was his decision not to be a part of the 3union because GNR and Izzy couldn't reach a decision that everyone was happy with. 

your latter statement seems correct however i do not want to go in depth with u re: the former as it's apparent that his attempted demotion forced him to quit bud

15 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

I agree, the RRHOF is a joke of massive proportions whose biggest feat of trickery is convincing fans that they are legitimate and not simply a money making scam. 

Despite being Fox news, there is a lot of hard truth here. 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/03/10/rock-hall-shame.html

• Thanks 1

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

your latter statement seems correct however i do not want to go in depth with u re: the former as it's apparent that his attempted demotion forced him to quit bud

No argument necessary, simply two different perspectives on the same situation.

We can agree to disagree. :) 

50 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Wow, so you're saying Izzy hasnt writte with the band. You should share your inside info and knowledge with us.

Just imagine if we ever get an album and half of the credits goes to Izzy. lol Theres no way to know anything, everything is an assumption and I wouldnt rule the possibility out.

Just now, default_ said:

Wow, so you're saying Izzy hasnt writte with the band. You should share your inside info and knowledge with us.

Just imagine if we ever get an album and half of the credits goes to Izzy. lol Theres no way to know anything, everything is an assumption and I wouldnt rule the possibility out.

Izzy said he wasn't involved with GNRs- Niven was wrong and relaying mistaken information

I'm not interested in imagining fan fantasy scenarios, everything is not an assumption, there is a lot that can be ruled out. 

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Axl also once said Not In This Lifetime :lol:

Not comparable information in any imaginable way.  

The NITL statement is from 2012, Izzy said he wasn't involved in the GNR reunion in 2016. 

Things might change, hopefully Izzy and GNR can find a way to work together in the future.  

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-tour/

Here's the tweet Izzy made in 2016- it's not really open to interpretation. 

"At this point in time , I`ve no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows ."
"Also,I have been writing but I have not been in the studio writing or recording with any of the GNR guys recently ."

• Like 2

Izzy confirmed he wasn't writing or recording with GNR on Feb 22nd 2016. Not sure where that fits into the timeline of what others said, but yeah he definitely did confirm that he wasn't writing or recording with Guns. In the same announcement he revealed that he'd joined Twitter so it was actually the very first thing he said when he broke his silence :)

Hi there!
At this point in time I`m not involved in the upcoming 2016 gigs . I`ve been writing new material but I have not been writing or recording anything with the GNR guys . I`m starting a twitter account @IzzyStradlin999 to drop a bit of info here and there as needed . Big "thank you" to all the people who have asked about my involvement in April shows !
Cheers
Izzy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downliner said:

Izzy confirmed he wasn't writing or recording with GNR on Feb 22nd 2016. Not sure where that fits into the timeline of what others said, but yeah he definitely did confirm that he wasn't writing or recording with Guns. In the same announcement he revealed that he'd joined Twitter so it was actually the very first thing he said when he broke his silence :)

Was this an email he send to you / Chopaway? Because referring to his twitter account on twitter wouldn’t be ... Also he did this call to the Rolling Stone  with the same message a little later.

15 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

I would never quote alternative nation to prove anything, except what liars and embellishers they are. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/guns-n-roses-working-on-new-music-with-izzy-stadlin-according-to-former-manager/amp/

"Alan Niven, the former manager of Guns N’ Roses, claimed in an interview this week that Izzy Stradlin “recently” wrote music with the band. Stradlin is apparently sitting out of the GNR’s upcoming tour, but his involvement in new music would undoubtedly alleviate criticism from fans who say it’s not a true reunion without Stradlin."

Cool. Sounds like you have it all figured out.

Axl's and Yoda's business have absolutely nothing to do with this topic, and his beliefs aren't any more silly than thousands upon thousands of people that believe in an invisible sky daddy or other imaginary being. 

You are 100% right. 

Despite all the walls of needless text that most have already read or are aware of that you feel impelled to post, I don't believe anything Niven says, he is wrong on several issues, his information is not correct and admittedly he hasn't spoken to Izzy in years, he is out of the loop and not a valid or credible source of GNR info. 

My sincere apologies for the needless walls of texts that most have already read. Yes, you've mentioned before that you don't believe anything Niven says and that he's not a credible source.

Also am not interested in your interpretations of quotes which are assumptive and border on fan fiction. 

Totally understand. Please feel free to not read my assumptive fan fiction posts here. There's an ignore user button you can also use which is really convenient.

Getting little news is no reason to invent news or concoct stories. 

Absolutely. Thank you for being so vigilant about this. I have now seen the error of my ways.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, downliner said:

This came out a few days prior to Izzy's tweet:

There is one other tantalising detail to this story. A hint that, if true, would change the complexion of the reunion. The prospect of a new album, or at the very least, some new material.

“I know they’re doing some recording,” says Vereecke. “They’re definitely doing something there in the studio. Axl hasn’t been there, but Slash is definitely in there and it’s not for anyone else [other than Guns N’ Roses].”

“I hope they’ve done it already [begun recording],” says Niven. “Duff and Izzy were in the studio before Christmas doing stuff. At a casual glance I think they’ve got at least a couple of tracks down.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-02-19/guns-n-roses-the-real-story-behind-their-return

Niven could be referring to the Duff/Izzy sessions below.

AUGUST 16TH, 2015

Former Guns N' Roses bandmates Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin are reportedly in the studio together.

The duo recently collaborated on a new song, "How to Be a Man," which serves as the title track to an EP McKagan released concurrently with his latest book, a collection of essays titled How to Be a Man (And Other Illusions). According to McKagan, he and Stradlin fell back together naturally.

"We were talking on the phone, and [Stradlin] said, ‘Let’s go record a song," McKagan recalled earlier this year. Asked whether they'd be up for more music, he was positive yet noncommittal, saying, "We’ll probably do it some more. We’re gonna maybe record some more. But we just enjoy making music together and enjoy each other’s company. We’re allowed to do that."

Details of the new project are still unclear, but during a recent conversation with Classic Rock Magazine, McKagan made it clear he'd be content to continue working with Stradlin indefinitely.

"I really trust whatever he does. If he says, ‘I’ve got a part,’ I know he’s got a part. It’s not like, ‘Let me hear it.’ It’s like, ‘He’s got the part. Good – that’s taken care of,'" he explained. "I’d like to do more music with him. For the rest of my life."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/duff-mckagan-izzy-stradlin-new-album/

Edited by RONIN