Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

inb4 lock lol.

RONIN is my boy. Anyone complaining about him is likely a total douchebag.

This thread is a clusterfuck. This is why I can't really be bothered with the main section anymore until we start getting news.

The fact that there's absolutely no news is why we're in the state we're in. Hopefully the tour kicking back up will eventually bring some more constructive things for people to discuss. For the time being, there's just nothing else going on.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

inb4 lock lol.

RONIN is my boy. Anyone complaining about him is likely a total douchebag.

This thread is a clusterfuck. This is why I can't really be bothered with the main section anymore until we start getting news.

Dissenting or differing views certainly doesn't mean that either side of the discussion or debate is a total douchebag. :facepalm:

On 3/13/2018 at 2:37 AM, RONIN said:

This came out a few days prior to Izzy's tweet:

Niven could be referring to the Duff/Izzy sessions below.

None of any of what you quoted discounts what Izzy tweeted, he was very clear saying that he had not been recently recording with GNR.

Niven could have been referring to that but that doesn't take away from the fact he was wrong. 

Just as he was wrong about the time of the soundcheck and Erin or Meegan being involved in the ThreeUnion. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2018 at 2:10 AM, RONIN said:

Cool. Sounds like you have it all figured out.

You are 100% right. 

My sincere apologies for the needless walls of texts that most have already read. Yes, you've mentioned before that you don't believe anything Niven says and that he's not a credible source.

Totally understand. Please feel free to not read my assumptive fan fiction posts here. There's an ignore user button you can also use which is really convenient.

Absolutely. Thank you for being so vigilant about this. I have now seen the error of my ways.  

How dare I be logical on the internet!  :lol:

Your passive aggressive reply accomplishes nothing. 

Many adults are able to discuss, and even debate things civilly. We can simply agree to disagree if there is no common ground  to be had and move on.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

You stated he was forced out as if it were fact, someone just qualified it as speculation. 

It may be your perspective but someone else may see it a different way. 

ok so why are we still talking about it can you start another discussion and move this in a different direction other than into the wall 

36 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I didn't say that. I'm saying since RONIN is probably one of the best posters on here and is always articulate and takes great care with his posts, that anyone complaining about him is almost definitely a total douchebag. 

I didn't complain about your friend per se, or devalue his supposed contributions, I merely disagreed with his perspective and conclusions on an issue or two. 

There can be civil debates and disagreements where nobody is necessarily a douchebag or some equally disrespectful label applied. 

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

You're such an insider.

Don't touch the RONIN :max:

:facepalm::blink:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok so why are we still talking about it can you start another discussion and move this in a different direction other than into the wall 

You're equally as able as I am to start another discussion. 

I do agree that this one has dissolved and degradated into petty bickering and white knighting though. :) 

Is there any source other than Ashba that there was any interest in keeping him on? Weren't there rumors of Dave Kushner possibly being an option?

Honestly, I think this lineup is about as good as it gets. I guess I'd prefer Sorum on drums but I'm not even sure of that. As much as I have love for Stephen I don't trust him to play three hour shows 3-4 nights a week, nor do I think it would sound as good or tight as 2018 GNR ought to be. I feel about the same for Izzy. Richard is fucking great and has long been my favorite nugnr guitarist outside Robin, and I don't know how a Robin and Slash get along together.

26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I never said anything about you and can't be bothered reading all the posts. I simply read something on a previous page and said wow anyone who would do that is a total douchebag, for the reasons I already explained.

Who is a white knight? Me? I've been called many things but never that lol.

A white Knighter or white knighting in my lexicon is a poster that jumps in and defends another poster, even when not directly involved in the discussion. 

Others may have a different definition. :) 

6 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Is there any source other than Ashba that there was any interest in keeping him on? Weren't there rumors of Dave Kushner possibly being an option?

Honestly, I think this lineup is about as good as it gets. I guess I'd prefer Sorum on drums but I'm not even sure of that. As much as I have love for Stephen I don't trust him to play three hour shows 3-4 nights a week, nor do I think it would sound as good or tight as 2018 GNR ought to be. I feel about the same for Izzy. Richard is fucking great and has long been my favorite nugnr guitarist outside Robin, and I don't know how a Robin and Slash get along together.

Heard the Kushner rumor pop up several times, that was really different to be sure. 

Do you think Ashba now regrets making the decision to go with Nikki Sixx and Sixx AM since that lineup has apparently disintegrated? 

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

A white knight is someone hoping to get laid. The kind of dweeb who joins a women's studies class just to suck up. I'm not trying to fuck him. :lol:

You're involving me more than I am tbh. I made a passing comment in defense of someone I like on the forum that I waste much more time on than you do lol. Take it easy.

In forum parlance, it means rushing to the aid of another poster for whatever reason. That was the definition I was referring to, not the one involving sexual favors-

I thought that would be apparent without having to explain. :blink:

You're right about the fact you have been here longer, but anything related to post count e-peens is a little juvenile imo. 

1 minute ago, RazorGunner said:

In forum parlance, it means rushing to the aid of another poster for whatever reason. That was the definition I was referring to, not the one involving sexual favors-

I thought that would be apparent without having to explain. :blink:

You're right about the fact you have been here longer, but anything related to post count e-peens is a little juvenile imo. 

how fucking nauseating.......give it a rest brah

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

In good humour I explain my outlook/feelings and in your mind you twist that into I'm bragging about my post count aka e-peen? :lol:

Get off my dick e-peen lol.

My perceptions of your post may not be what you intended to say. 

Let's simply agree to disagree and move on, this topic has about run it's course anyway. 

19 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Thanks for your valuable original input, opinion and the advice about a post that wasn't directed at and didn't involve you but no thanks! :) 

You may not direct your opinions at everyone but we all have to see it. I get it you love CD and hate anyone that prefers classic Guns.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

You may not direct your opinions at everyone but we all have to see it. I get it you love CD and hate anyone that prefers classic Guns.

No, that isn't true in the least, I like and appreciate the classic Guns period as well as the CD era and the NITL era, so in fact you don't get it at all. :blink:

Let's not devolve this into petty bickering, that doesn't interest me at all and isn't what this topic was about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

No, that isn't true in the least, I like and appreciate the classic Guns period as well as the CD era and the NITL era, so in fact you don't get it at all. :blink:

Let's not devolve this into petty bickering, that doesn't interest me at all and isn't what this topic was about. 

Fair enough but that's how you come across :shrugs:

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 12:59 PM, Tom2112 said:

He didn't even know Slash was there so that I can almost guarantee came from his handlers. 

Axls not the worst for doing that stuff, look here :facepalm: :lol:

You weren't kidding lol.

He got himself a free Tshirt though.

• Like 1

On 15-3-2018 at 1:05 AM, RazorGunner said:

Heard the Kushner rumor pop up several times, that was really different to be sure. 

Do you think Ashba now regrets making the decision to go with Nikki Sixx and Sixx AM since that lineup has apparently disintegrated? 

He has Pyromantic now, right? With James Michael. I think they made him tell his own story as a courtesy, but it's obviously BS to leave GNR because you want to focus on your own things, while 'own things' is another band heavily relying/depending on one person. Sure, he gets (got) to actually write new music with them, but it was always Nikki's project.