Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

6 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

How many of u remember when the reunion was first gaining ground after Slash said he and Axl were talking again and it was great , IZZY and STEVEN were in the band at THAT  time - they were rehearsing together, SLASH-DUFF-STEVEN -IZZY even AXL showed up to few - so we were  gonna get what we all were wanting for - Richard and Frank were playing with the dead daises - Steven hurt his back and then IZZY walked - if you remember -Frank and richard posted they were going to do something top secret and had to quit the daises- GNR  had already been rehearsing  - so I dont know what the fuck happened but the original five did rehearse together  for at least a month 

The OG 5 rehearsing together for a month is concocted Fan fiction, haven't seen this confirmed anywhere by anyone. 

• Like 2

We're kinda getting off track lol. The point is apparently Izzy had a tantrum and bailed on us, the fans. I'm taking it harder I guess cause I was at the Nashville show and it was probably the first and last chance I'll ever get to see gnr.  Sorry but I'm just pissed!

i got to see izzy at the o2 in 2012 on the 2nd night when they did 14 years (much better version) so I'm good. Thankful I saw him and even yelled from the first row and got his attention, although he did seem to feel a bit uncomfortable with everyone focussing on him. I would ultimately and justifiably blame Axl/TB if Izzy still doesn't somehow make a appearance considering he helped Axl out in 2006 and in the latter part of his diminishing career. Seems a bit hypocritical that they wouldn't find a way to make it work now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tremolo said:

More like a coping mechanism.

If Slash and Duff hadn’t been so fucked up on heroin and booze, GNR would have ended during the UYI tour.

Why? Because Axl didn't want to go on until late? Junkies and alcoholics blaming someone else for being junkies and alcoholics. Imagine that. 

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i got to see izzy at the o2 in 2012 on the 2nd night when they did 14 years (much better version) so I'm good. Thankful I saw him and even yelled from the first row and got his attention, although he did seem to feel a bit uncomfortable with everyone focussing on him. I would ultimately and justifiably blame Axl/TB if Izzy still doesn't somehow make a appearance considering he helped Axl out in 2006 and in the latter part of his diminishing career. Seems a bit hypocritical that they wouldn't find a way to make it work now.  

He "helped out" Axl for a pretty sum of money that Team Brazil had to hide from Axl because it may have upset him to know why Izzy was really appearing. 

12 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Why? Because Axl didn't want to go on until late? Junkies and alcoholics blaming someone else for being junkies and alcoholics. Imagine that. 

He "helped out" Axl for a pretty sum of money that Team Brazil had to hide from Axl because it may have upset him to know why Izzy was really appearing. 

cause axl's so cheap haha - that seems like insider info oh wow

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

15 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

How many of u remember when the reunion was first gaining ground after Slash said he and Axl were talking again and it was great , IZZY and STEVEN were in the band at THAT  time - they were rehearsing together, SLASH-DUFF-STEVEN -IZZY even AXL showed up to few - so we were  gonna get what we all were wanting for - Richard and Frank were playing with the dead daises - Steven hurt his back and then IZZY walked - if you remember -Frank and richard posted they were going to do something top secret and had to quit the daises- GNR  had already been rehearsing  - so I dont know what the fuck happened but the original five did rehearse together  for at least a month 

That's not accurate. Richard and Frank were involved during the Steven rehearsals and I'd wager they were there during Izzy\s time too... but without Izzy clarifying that I can only guess. Steven did however say that Richard and co were there while he was rehearsing saying something like "They're all really nice, but you'd turn around and they'd be gone, nice and quiet just how Axl likes them". 

We were not getting JUST the classic 5, it was always going to be the AFD band WITH Dizzy, Frank (If Steven wasn't playing), Richard and Pitman/Melissa.... AND tht was just going to be a small part of certain sets, in certain cities.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Axl said it during a chat or interview. It came from Izzy. Basically he demanded a larger sum of money than Axl knew about. 

yeah right i would've read it - but if thats the case good for izzy im sure axl is too used to getting his way 

23 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yeah right i would've read it - but if thats the case good for izzy im sure axl is too used to getting his way 

Yes, good for Izzy for getting all that money he demanded but didn't care about because Izzy doesn't care about money and it's everyone but him that's greedy!

ok we got another one here - misinformation - find me the chat or whatever there bud 

too many axl trolls show up in the izzy threads - seems a bit coincidental, obvious and purposefully too far out of baby left field for it to be genuine

back to the topic: 

it appears that niven revealed this info to help izzy out in a certain manner and furthermore he comes off as quite neutral more than normal to the overall subject of GNR  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Axl said it during a chat or interview. It came from Izzy. Basically he demanded a larger sum of money than Axl knew about. 

cineater Avatar
Are you saying the guest appearances by Izzy and Duff were paid for? I thought they just happen to be there and jumped in with no money involved.  

As for this tour and being a part of it, negotiations for pay for self employed musicians is a business decision by the parties and yeah there has to be a consciousness that the funds involved meet the needs of those involved. Can't blame either party when they don't feel the deal is good for them and withdraw. But Izzy said he hadn't been contacted by GNR so I guess those negotiations didn't happen. Maybe Jim knows, he's interested in keeping the truth out there.

From Del James' interview with Axl from 2009:

Would you consider a reunion with the 'Appetite' or 'Illusions' lineups?

No

Why not?

A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun -- and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone.

That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RazorGunner said:
cineater Avatar
Are you saying the guest appearances by Izzy and Duff were paid for? I thought they just happen to be there and jumped in with no money involved.  

As for this tour and being a part of it, negotiations for pay for self employed musicians is a business decision by the parties and yeah there has to be a consciousness that the funds involved meet the needs of those involved. Can't blame either party when they don't feel the deal is good for them and withdraw. But Izzy said he hadn't been contacted by GNR so I guess those negotiations didn't happen. Maybe Jim knows, he's interested in keeping the truth out there.

From Del James' interview with Axl from 2009:

Would you consider a reunion with the 'Appetite' or 'Illusions' lineups?

No

Why not?

A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun -- and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone.

That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

that interview is terrible and shows how crazy axl is and bloated his ego - probably best that none of us knew about - geez way to self aggrandize his nu moment

• GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

That's not accurate. Richard and Frank were involved during the Steven rehearsals and I'd wager they were there during Izzy\s time too... but without Izzy clarifying that I can only guess. Steven did however say that Richard and co were there while he was rehearsing saying something like "They're all really nice, but you'd turn around and they'd be gone, nice and quiet just how Axl likes them". 

We were not getting JUST the classic 5, it was always going to be the AFD band WITH Dizzy, Frank (If Steven wasn't playing), Richard and Pitman/Melissa.... AND tht was just going to be a small part of certain sets, in certain cities.

Hahaha

steven is so dumb . "You turn around and they would be gone" . That's because they were avoiding you Stevie, because everyone is just over listening to you dribble shit all the time.

Nice n quiet is not just how Axl likes it Stevie , it's how most mature people like it . Gosh he needs to grow up.

Edited by Senor_peligro
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Lio said:

Really? I read through his last posts and I haven't seen any insults at all:question:

I usually skip his posts because he's too abrasive but I dont think Russ means this guy drops F bombs at people. It is more about the way he puts down the other posters by implying someone is not a "real fan" and he puts himself all the time in a pedestal where he is the only real GN'R fan.

He also oftenly says that people who do not like CD are stuck in the past, that they are OLD people that didn't get on with the program, or didn't modernize their musical taste with the times we are living.

Before he was warned he told me that I watch TV all day long (or something like that) and that I was uninformed.... How is that a constructive way to discuss something in a forum?? What does my life or my tv or anything have to do with Izzy walking out of the NITL shows? lol :facepalm:

Edited by killuridols
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

that interview is terrible and shows how crazy axl is and bloated his ego - probably best that none of us knew about - geez way to self aggrandize his nu moment

The interview isn't really terrible, has some unfortunate moments in it that people have twisted and misinterpreted but I fail to see where it could be categorized as crazy or the result of a bloated ego. 

This is obviously from Axl's viewpoint, which is the aim of most interviews, to get the interviewees perspective on events. 

I posted it merely for the Izzy mention and content since it was applicable to this topic and illustrates that Izzy has always been concerned about the "Loot", not that there is anything amiss with that. 

• Like 1

In my opinion if you want to gain perspective of how Izzy and Steven were dealt with for the reunion, look up the leaked text messages between Billy and Darcy from the Smashing Pumpkins regarding their recent reunion.  I can just see Duff texting the same stuff to Steven and or Izzy.  Concerns about their ability to play, their health and telling them that they have started to rehearse with Frank and Richard already and that Axl wants to work them in somehow for the fans.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guigsdaddy76 said:

In my opinion if you want to gain perspective of how Izzy and Steven were dealt with for the reunion, look up the leaked text messages between Billy and Darcy from the Smashing Pumpkins regarding their recent reunion.  I can just see Duff texting the same stuff to Steven and or Izzy.  Concerns about their ability to play, their health and telling them that they have started to rehearse with Frank and Richard already and that Axl wants to work them in somehow for the fans.  

That's just a lot of speculation on your part though.

Until more people that were actually involved with the GNR 3-union come forward and go public with the actual events and issues involved, (which is unlikely imo) then the actual truth will remain obscured. 

• Like 1