Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

26 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Because you cannot satisfy everyone and of course you will find some of those people on a GNR forum?

Fans saying they will only go back to a show if they have new music?  Cool, I am sure Axl is crying over the bakers dozen of people from a online forum saying that

Criticism about a nostalgia tour?  But also HUGE stadiums filled with satisfied fans who say GNR which far far outweighs the number of those bitching about living in the past

I critique GNR too, and I am not saying I personally wouldn't be disappointed if no new material shows up.  But we have to put things into perspective outside of a GNR forum, by and large GNR has already cemented their legacy and it is a substantial one at that.  They don't literally "need" to do anything

From my point of view, while they are still alive, healthy and, technically, with an active career, they need to keep making and playing music. But I say this from the point of view of a hard-core fan. Anyway, now I get your point and I kind agree with you..One thing is this our bizarre hard-core fan world and other thing is the real life.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Derick said:

From my point of view, while they are still alive, healthy and, technically, with an active career, they need to keep making and playing music. But I say this from the point of view of a hard-core fan. Anyway, now I get your point and I kind agree with you..One thing is this our bizarre hard-core fan world and other thing is the real life.

I do think that there musically would be a lot of wasted potential, and there already has been a shit ton of that the past 20 years with those guys not putting aside all their issues way earlier lol and I can see your point with that for sure 

I used to feel similar with Led Zeppelin, like after the 02 show happened in 2007 and I heard a bootleg I was like "why the hell doesn't Robert Plant want to go on a full tour and do more of that!?"  and I felt like there was some wasted potential there  However all in all, if Robert for some reason just doesn't feel like it, and feels like what he is currently doing is what makes him personally happy, then I would rather have that then a project that he felt like he had to do it to please people, you know?  

Plus Guns is a complicated band as a fan to follow, and I sort of realized from the age of darkness from 2013 and 2014 that I would have to sort of let go of the type of things that I could expect from other bands I follow haha

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Then don't go, if you've already seen the ultimate version.

Like it or not, you are not the person this tour was aimed at (even with you being a big GNR fan). Anyone who's actually giving out because Gilby or Matt Sorum not being there are obviously so far removed from what does and does not sell tickets. And yes, that's what it is about. Gilby was no more a member of GNR than DJ... take a breath, we all know that as fact. Gilby was a hired hand. Matt says he was a full member... but, he was just a contracted musician, he had zero say in plans.

If you want to stay in the 90s great, go right ahead... but for the rest of us, time moves on, people change, bands change; you either move with it or you don't. The last AC/DC tour came through Ireland, I decided not to bother going because I had seen the black Ice tour with the BIB line up, and I'm not as much of a fan of the current line up, especially Chris Slades playing... I stayed at home, I'm not angry that AC/DC were out on the road without Rudd who in my opinion would have elevated things. I got on with things.

Now, I don't know what went on with Izzy and his negotiations (beyond cryptic tweets and rumours) but I wish he was there too, that I don't dispute. However his absence didn't stop them from selling out worldwide, so in their minds and promoters minds it worked tremendously without him... and there was more money for everyone else.

Wow dude, you want waaaay of the line and the subject. I am trying hard to see what and why you are writting but I see very little connections to what I wrote.

Staying in the 90's!?!? What exactlly makes you think I am in the 90's!? I mean the way you argue stuff is kind of immature. Just because you started listening the band in 2008 with ChiDem, doesn't make you a better or bigger fan than anyone who was there in the begining. I am not saying you should or shouldn't go - everyone is entitled to choose for themself.  However, everyone has right to asses the things the way he wants you without you getting offended. If I  consider this half ass money grab tour - then that is the way I see it.

You want to know why I am not going? Because Frank Ferrer is a shit drummer. You want to know why I am not going? Because Melissa lost nothing is GNR and is an bad fit? You know why I am not going? Because Ax today is not 20% of what he was in the 90's? Finally, you know why?  Because setlist is made up of same songs like then, but the setlists are same, predictable and the songs with the musicians you praise are not 50% of what they used to be. But I tell you, go see the shows, because you didn't THE BAND and this half assed money grab is as close as you will see. At least for the time being. Finally, don't know why you feel butt hurt with Frank, you know he is there for good? I heard otherwise, also don't forget when rehersals started he was - out already!

All those are the reasons I don't want to spend 50% more a ticket on 50% worse show than it once was with 4 hired hands who have no reason being there but - cheap labour. And you know whose call that will be? Not yours - MINE!

I try hard to see into your point at who this tour was made. Probably you ment for the fans? Am I a hradcore? Yes. So it was made for me too? Officialy. In officialy and foremost, it wasn't made for me or for you but Ax, Slash and Duff to fill their pockets.

Take a deep breath, I know it is hard to cope with facts - but that is so. Ax doesn't spend a minute thinking about you or any other fan, he wants money and wants it now. Fuck the quality if he can get half way through with musicians 90% cheaper than the ones that bring the quality.

Replace Izzy with Fartus? Sure! Izzy wants 20%, Fartus is happy with 15k a month.

Is Frank bad? No. He is awfull. But because he is awfull - he is a keeper. Won't find cheaper around.

I also fail to see what and why you are making the comment about decision call.  Did I ever say Gilby or Matt or Izzy or Dizzy or whoever makes call!?  The only one making calls is Ax.  Though that still doesn't make them right.  I am sorry if your world is shattered, but fans are allowed to express themselves even if they think differently.

Btw, sorry for hurting your feelings if you think Slash and Duff have much impact in the politics of the band, but you need to wake up. That band quit being democracy long time ago and you went waaaay of the initial subject.

Edited by shotsfired cro

11 hours ago, Derick said:

So none of the AFD5 need to do anything else in their careers? Have they already done all the work? BS! None of them is already a legend, maybe Slash but he still has a lot to do to reach the level of true legends. Legend: Relevant achievements + time.

The difference is that Messi already have something like 10 AFD in his caree. That´s a legend.

Disagree. Even with the full classic lineup Slash (or Axl/Slash) would still be the headline for the people who are filling the stadiums, I mean, the casuals. Even more monumental because Steven and Izzy? Sorry, I don´t believe it.

I never said it was not because of the songs. What I said is that the differential factor of this equation is the Slash´s return, as you said (and I've said before), the songs have always been played but only with Slash on the pic again they managed to fill stadiums again. Anyway, yeah..Personnel (Axl/Slash) and the songs.

First and foremost, the tour is selling because it is being marketed as something it is not - reunion tour!  I remember 1987 -1993 period pretty well, the period when all the songs THE BAND made actually came out, to remind me there is youtube, was Melissa there? Uhm, no! Was Fortus there? Uhm no! Was Frank 'the terrible' Ferrer there? Uhm, no! Were Izzy and co there? YES.

You know, go tour with a lineup as it is if the ones missing can't play or won't play. But don't market as 'reunion' something that you though might work out best to bring $$$$, while you don't let the rest in because that would bring you personally less cash.

That is not reunion. That is hypocracy. That is cheating of the kids that pay the tix to see the band they grew up hearing about. Give us the value for the tickets or don't do it at all. This is slightly less pathetic than keeping a cover band for 20 years playing GNR songs.

20 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

That is not reunion. That is hypocracy. That is cheating of the kids that pay the tix to see the band they grew up hearing about. Give us the value for the tickets or don't do it at all. This is slightly less pathetic than keeping a cover band for 20 years playing GNR songs.

If that would have been the case, people would have voted with their money and do their research and can think for themselves whether or not they want to spend their money on this line-up, but they still went to the shows with all of this information out there.  People don't have to go if they don't like the line-up, but other do and those are the ones that is driving the success of this tour.  Oh well.  That's sometimes the reality, not the reality that people really want to envision.

Edited by Anguyen92

3 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

First and foremost, the tour is selling because it is being marketed as something it is not - reunion tour! 

If I'm honest, the reason most of the general public cares is because it's Axl and Slash back together. As far as public perception of Guns N' Roses goes, GNR is Axl and Slash, maybe Duff too.

Hardcore fans might think Izzy, Steven, Matt, Gilbly, Paul, or Buckethead are the real Guns N' Roses, but the public doesn't care about anyone besides Axl and Slash.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

If you book them, they will come.... 

Wayne 25:17

"Did you think it was a trifle unnecessary to see the crack in the Indian's bottom?"

4 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

If I'm honest, the reason most of the general public cares is because it's Axl and Slash back together. As far as public perception of Guns N' Roses goes, GNR is Axl and Slash, maybe Duff too.

Hardcore fans might think Izzy, Steven, Matt, Gilbly, Paul, or Buckethead are the real Guns N' Roses, but the public doesn't care about anyone besides Axl and Slash.

I was saying that for years and years prior to NITL. I kept telling everyone that the only thing that would matter in the eye of the general public would be whether Slash was there or not. Got told I was insane for years. Well, here we are.

• Like 3

yeah well unfortunately GNR has lost its entire groove it once had - any song they played in NITL was missing any sort of groove that a fan that knows music and GNR could vibe too - GNR had a swagger to their songs that allowed one to sway and dance to each song played live - this and this alone is missing say what you want but the hired hands do not groove whatsoever 

I hate when people say someone never has to work again.  I saw a video of Jerry Seinfeld mad at a guy because the guy said why are you working. He said I have to work, what kind of life is sitting at home.  I agree and think the gnr guys would too

• Thanks 1

Nashville's rock station just played civil war and then said we almost got the original lineup but Izzy didn't like what was going on and left. I'm starting to side more with axl.  Fly your friend out and try to do something great for us and they bail. It also explains why all told the girl with the sign that  that's a good question.  Izzy is officially not dependable in my book from now on

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

Nashville's rock station just played civil war and then said we almost got the original lineup but Izzy didn't like what was going on and left. I'm starting to side more with axl.  Fly your friend out and try to do something great for us and they bail. It also explains why all told the girl with the sign that  that's a good question.  Izzy is officially not dependable in my book from now on

Lol "from now on". 

Izzy has been undependable since sometime in the 80s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yeah well unfortunately GNR has lost its entire groove it once had - any song they played in NITL was missing any sort of groove that a fan that knows music and GNR could vibe too - GNR had a swagger to their songs that allowed one to sway and dance to each song played live - this and this alone is missing say what you want but the hired hands do not groove whatsoever 

Lmao

Sorum was the only one behind the kit that plays like a metronome.

26 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

Izzy's a complete flake, why the GNR fans can't see that by now in 2018 is beyond me. The guy never wanted to play for more then 2000/3000 a night. Axl wanted to be mega huge, that's another factor people fail to address. 

• Like 2

Izzy is likely saving the band from the last interesting thing they can do, once the reunion with Slash fizzes out they can do the AFD5 reunion and make more money. 

So at the end of the day maybe Izzy is setting up a way better reunion in his own odd way haha 

A one off performance of Think about You in Nashville would have been anti climatic. And maybe that’s what Izzy felt 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Izzy is likely saving the band from the last interesting thing they can do, once the reunion with Slash fizzes out they can do the AFD5 reunion and make more money. 

So at the end of the day maybe Izzy is setting up a way better reunion in his own odd way haha 

A one off performance of Think about You in Nashville would have been anti climatic. And maybe that’s what Izzy felt 

I don't agree at all! It would have made us want it more. 

8 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

I don't agree at all! It would have made us want it more. 

And this goes to @RussTCB point, we already want AFD5 the general public just wants Slash. So when you say it makes “us” want it more you’re talking about a very small minority. 

We would have been pissed after the show Bc we would be saying “why didn’t they let him play all the AFD songs!” That moment of excitement for them being all together will last 5 min. 

The general public would have found it cool but they wouldn’t boycott the current tour to get the original 5 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

And this goes to @RussTCB point, we already want AFD5 the general public just wants Slash. So when you say it makes “us” want it more you’re talking about a very small minority. 

We would have been pissed after the show Bc we would be saying “why didn’t they let him play all the AFD songs!” That moment of excitement for them being all together will last 5 min. 

The general public would have found it cool but they wouldn’t boycott the current tour to get the original 5 

Slash was/is reason enough for people to go buy tickets for so many shows. The rest of Izzy/Adler/Sorum falls under the category of "would be nice"

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Lmao

Sorum was the only one behind the kit that plays like a metronome.

ok bud what are you saying that the current band has the right swagger 

at least sorum wrote estranged and NR the bands undeniable best composed songs of all time mostly because of his exquisite proficiency and classical capacities especially on estranged

i dont see frank ever playing in the same league as sorum funny guy ever 

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Izzy's a complete flake, why the GNR fans can't see that by now in 2018 is beyond me. The guy never wanted to play for more then 2000/3000 a night. Axl wanted to be mega huge, that's another factor people fail to address. 

izzy's not a flake - he is real 

that is all