Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

23 hours ago, RONIN said:

I think we're mostly in agreement. I absolutely consider Axl an artist and as you said, his writing process is certainly indicative of that. But I think somewhere around the departure of Buckethead, the art went out the window and commerce became the focus. That's the thing, where is the focus of Axl Rose these days? As Sean Beavan recently said, the bulk of the songs and vocals on CD are from 1999. That's nearly 20 years ago. 

Axl is a confusing guy. He does certain things which are high in integrity (refusing to compromise and not saying yes to certain easy money-making ventures) but then he'll keep doing tours where he sings the same songs that by his own admission he's sick of singing or he'll put up a piss poor GnR website to hock cheap merchandise. If Axl is that tired of singing Appetite songs (no one would blame him for this), don't sing them at your shows. That's the death of an artist right there. Prince didn't sing Purple Rain or When Doves Cry at most of his shows. Didn't Billy Corgan stop singing his hit songs at his shows? 

I don't remember reading him say he was tired of the AFD songs, but yes, if he is tired that would be a option for him... however, he (I know it might be surprising) does take pride in the show he puts on, and he wants the audience to have a good time and hear the songs that GNR are famous for, so even if he is tired he doesn't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

You might be about the bucket departure and the end of his creative fire. I just don't think we know enough to say it definitely though, the guy has his own studio in his house, he could easily be writing and recording all the time. Even when artists are going through tough times, they still need to create... whether that's writing for others or writing without the aim of releasing anything. I remember reading about Shania Twain (the only time she'll be mentioned on mygnr :)) but she lost her voice and took 15 years away from the spotlight, but she was still writing songs during that time, and I'm sure her fans were thinking that she was just sitting on her well formed arse (think about it) living it up, but it actuality she was writing for other artists and collecting songs for what would later become her next record... when she was ready to make it. 

I guess the problem I have is that, I don't really believe in the model of write, release, tour, repeat. As a fan I like the idea, but once I take the fan out of the equation, I see that there are other things in life just as and more important than doing cycles like that in music. Axl is however, WAY overdue on his next record. He is out there playing, he's not retired or semi-retired so his excuses are a little thin, he's not even working with other artists (besides the stint with AC/DC).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Thanks.

I'm just a bit ahead of the curve, I'm still waiting for the majority to realize Axl is Guns. Meaning, Guns can't exist without him nor can Guns exist without him at the helm.

I deliberately waited to register here until I was certin new material would come out. 

But seriously... Why are people so butt hurt about Izzy whom obviously doesn't have his heart in this? The guy was mentally checked out durring the entire Illusions recordings and was like watching MOSS GROW at a live setting. His hearts not in it, and his little money comment made me lose some respect for the man as an artist. 

buddy you're clueless and on the axl brainwash clan 

izzy wrote the best tunes on UYI such as 14 years, double talkin jive motherfucker (a song touché they would re introduce without him), dust n bones, pretty tied up, you could be mine hmmm what else oh yeah don't cry and perfect crime 

u need a reality check buddy 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Thanks.

I'm just a bit ahead of the curve, I'm still waiting for the majority to realize Axl is Guns. Meaning, Guns can't exist without him nor can Guns exist without him at the helm.

I deliberately waited to register here until I was certin new material would come out. 

But seriously... Why are people so butt hurt about Izzy whom obviously doesn't have his heart in this? The guy was mentally checked out durring the entire Illusions recordings and was like watching MOSS GROW at a live setting. His hearts not in it, and his little money comment made me lose some respect for the man as an artist. 

Man, you gotta love this guy...

Ahead of the curve? Let's just say you totally got off the track at the curve and crashed. Axl wanting to be the one at the helm is one of the major reasons why the band imploded, as badly as it did, after 91.

And no, I don't think anyone is butt hurt about Izzy... if anything, I'd feel butt hurt for paying a ticket to go see a boring, uninspiring circus of a band that has nothing to do with what GNR was about in its inception (and please, don't talk about evolution, cause all we've seen is aberration after aberration since Adler got kicked out)...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

The crowd differential between Nugnr's Vegas audiences and the NITLT crowds would seem to attest that that argument applies equally to Slash and Duff also!

• Like 2

How many of u remember when the reunion was first gaining ground after Slash said he and Axl were talking again and it was great , IZZY and STEVEN were in the band at THAT  time - they were rehearsing together, SLASH-DUFF-STEVEN -IZZY even AXL showed up to few - so we were  gonna get what we all were wanting for - Richard and Frank were playing with the dead daises - Steven hurt his back and then IZZY walked - if you remember -Frank and richard posted they were going to do something top secret and had to quit the daises- GNR  had already been rehearsing  - so I dont know what the fuck happened but the original five did rehearse together  for at least a month 

Edited by TMAC20

7 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

buddy you're clueless and on the axl brainwash clan 

izzy wrote the best tunes on UYI such as 14 years, double talkin jive motherfucker (a song touché they would re introduce without him), dust n bones, pretty tied up, you could be mine hmmm what else oh yeah don't cry and perfect crime 

u need a reality check buddy 

No. Actually I'm just a huge fan. And it's odd to point that out here on a fan forum.

Last time I checked Axl wrote November rain, estranged, This I love. Not to discredit Izzy I enjoy his work but those songs are on ANOTHER level.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

No. Actually I'm just a huge fan. And it's odd to point that out here on a fan forum.

Last time I checked Axl wrote November rain, estranged, This I love. Not to discredit Izzy I enjoy his work but those songs are on ANOTHER level.

u mentioned this i love - well sir i cannot continue this discussion with u

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Man, you gotta love this guy...

Ahead of the curve? Let's just say you totally got off the track at the curve and crashed. Axl wanting to be the one at the helm is one of the major reasons why the band imploded, as badly as it did, after 91.

And no, I don't think anyone is butt hurt about Izzy... if anything, I'd feel butt hurt for paying a ticket to go see a boring, uninspiring circus of a band that has nothing to do with what GNR was about in its inception (and please, don't talk about evolution, cause all we've seen is aberration after aberration since Adler got kicked out)...

What because I think CD was a great release?

Considering all the factors working against Axl and that lineup and the industry missing out on a huge pay day I think they did pretty good against the odds. Would I have loved to hear more material released? Of course. Nobody ever addressed how much Axl went against the grain, financially the industry suffered and missed out on a multiple pay days, not to mention the millions the album cost to put together. That alone WILL give anyone bad press, he did what he wanted in spite of that and to me that was cool. I can't stand hearing musicians talk about "it's for the fans" "we did it for the fans" SHUT UP.

If your bored then prepare for more boredom. I wasn't bored with the AXl/DC tour nor was I bored with the NITL tour. I get it, you LOVE 1987, cool story, like alot of people here stuck in the past. Spoiler alert, that era is over and long gone. Some people change and move on, considering how Adler and Izzy act and the fact that each of them has thier own set of issues regarding the possible liabilities they potentially bring to the table then I GET WHY things didn't work out.

"Uninspired" pfffffffff only cuz you didn't get your way. 

43 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

How many of u remember when the reunion was first gaining ground after Slash said he and Axl were talking again and it was great , IZZY and STEVEN were in the band at THAT  time - they were rehearsing together, SLASH-DUFF-STEVEN -IZZY even AXL showed up to few - so we were  gonna get what we all were wanting for - Richard and Frank were playing with the dead daises - Steven hurt his back and then IZZY walked - if you remember -Frank and richard posted they were going to do something top secret and had to quit the daises- GNR  had already been rehearsing  - so I dont know what the fuck happened but the original five did rehearse together  for at least a month 

They did? Didn't Steven say in 1 of his interviews that he never or didn't rehearse with izzy around? I might be remembering it incorrectly 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The crowd differential between Nugnr's Vegas audiences and the NITLT crowds would seem to attest that that argument applies equally to Slash and Duff also!

Of course the crowd attendance would NEVER be the same. That's a given. 

Most here just LOVE to complain no matter what. 

Before it was Axls late he's a diva, now it's, Guns are boring they show up on time... 

Either way you complain and it's HILARIOUS to me. 

53 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Crowd sizes does not validate a band's existence.

The differential would seem to indicate that there are a lot of people who don't regard Guns N' Roses as ''Guns N' Roses'' without Slash, or at least ''a Guns N' Roses'' that is interesting enough to install in them a desire to purchase a ticket.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The differential would seem to indicate that there are a lot of people who don't regard Guns N' Roses as ''Guns N' Roses'' without Slash, or at least ''a Guns N' Roses'' that is interesting enough to install in them a desire to purchase a ticket.

Yes, but what people regard also doesn't validate a band's existence.

• GNFNR 1

To casual fans, the only thing they can imagine when they think GNR is Axl & Slash; as long as those two are on stage, it could be considered an Appetite reunion.  If an album was going to be recorded with a reunion line-up I'd hope they'd at least have Stradlin & Adler guesting on it, but if they're only doing a guest spot during a setlist at a specified show, I don't see why they'd need to be paid more than what someone like Fortus is getting out of the gig.

13 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

Their drug addiction was not a disease.  They even said they did it more and more waiting on axl out of boredom.  

Duff seems like a pretty honest guy, willing to take responsibility for his actions, in his book. But that sounded like a cop out to me. Getting drunk and high wasn't the only way they could kill time waiting on Axl. That was their choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Steve and Izzy are more rich than any of us will ever be and they will collect royalties the rest of their lives.

I don't see why it's a big deal for Izzy to get up and play a few tunes with the old lads for the fans from time to time.

At this point in life, everyday of good health above ground is a blessing. Those guys are lucky they didn't die back in the 80s

Easier said than done of course. I've seen money destroy marriages and families

- just my 2 cents! haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

This ain’t even true or confirmed. Axl showing up to a Original 5 rehearsal?