Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

7 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok bud what are you saying that the current band has the right swagger 

at least sorum wrote estranged and NR the bands undeniable best composed songs of all time mostly because of his exquisite proficiency and classical capacities especially on estranged

i dont see frank ever playing in the same league as sorum funny guy ever 

Just pointing out the fact that Adler and Frank are no where near being technically proficient/masters but they have a similar vibe and know how to swing a beat. 

Of course Sorum wrote those parts, but as technically proficient as he is I haven't heard him swing a beat yet.

It's just a matter of taste, it's subjective as to what someone prefers. However Sorum definitely played those classic AFD beats as straight as a metronome. 

Part of Adler's charm was that he wasn't schooled and was actually not good at keeping time he would slow down and speed up. 

Edited by Order of Nine

8 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok bud what are you saying that the current band has the right swagger 

at least sorum wrote estranged and NR the bands undeniable best composed songs of all time mostly because of his exquisite proficiency and classical capacities especially on estranged

i dont see frank ever playing in the same league as sorum funny guy ever 

izzy's not a flake - he is real 

that is all 

So Izzy is dependable? Someone to rely on? No high risk? Never makes any knee jerk decisions?

I never said he wasn't "real" I'm sure he hasn't been acting for us..

But he is definitely flakey. Idc who cries about that either. 

46 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash was/is reason enough for people to go buy tickets for so many shows. The rest of Izzy/Adler/Sorum falls under the category of "would be nice"

Exactly.   For 90% of fans/general public Guns n Roses NITLT tour was the reunion tour.   Doubt they could name the entire AFD line-up.    Now if the original 5 were to reunite and it was marketed properly than yes it would be huge for us and “pretty cool” for the other 90% or so.    Me- I want Steven or Matt in and Frank out more than I’d want Izzy in and Forfus out.  The drumming is so jacked with Frank.   *but he’s a hell of a nice guy

Edited by Original
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

So Izzy is dependable? Someone to rely on? No high risk? Never makes any knee jerk decisions?

I never said he wasn't "real" I'm sure he hasn't been acting for us..

But he is definitely flakey. Idc who cries about that either. 

knee jerk decisions? dont think so - that would be in axl's court 

if anything that is how it is attempted to be construed by gnr 

none of us know for sure how exactly it went down - if you happen to know im all ears 

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

knee jerk decisions? dont think so - that would be in axl's court 

if anything that is how it is attempted to be construed by gnr 

none of us know for sure how exactly it went down - if you happen to know im all ears 

Axls 10+ year knee jerk effort to complete and release an album? 

Izzy just is not very reliable and obviously prefers to do his own thing without all of the structure, demands, and expectations.

3 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

Nashville's rock station just played civil war and then said we almost got the original lineup but Izzy didn't like what was going on and left. I'm starting to side more with axl.  Fly your friend out and try to do something great for us and they bail. It also explains why all told the girl with the sign that  that's a good question.  Izzy is officially not dependable in my book from now on

Niven stated that all his information is second hand, given to him by somebody "close" to the GnR camp. 

In @Gambit83 interview Niven says Izzy flew out to the midwest for a sound check, it was the people in here that jumped to the conclusion it must be Nashvile as it was reported Izzy was seen in a hotel.

I read threw the Nashville gig thread, Slash was pictured at Nashville Zoo with Meegn, Duff and Susan having drinks at a bar, then a sound check in the afternoon.

Susan filmed and posted some of the sound check and leaks Steven being there, pictures by Meegan show Duff, Slash and Steven fooling around. There were various people posting about the songs played It was the first time 'Sorry' was rehearsed. Nobody report hearing Izzy at the sound check.

I wonder with such a full on day, at what point did they meet with Izzy, I can't see with all this going on that there was  enough time to talk with him unless it was just with Axl. I don't see any serious negotiations concerning the band going on without Slash and Duff being present. 

So I wonder is it Izzy or the information that's not dependable?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

Nashville's rock station just played civil war and then said we almost got the original lineup but Izzy didn't like what was going on and left. I'm starting to side more with axl.  Fly your friend out and try to do something great for us and they bail. It also explains why all told the girl with the sign that  that's a good question.  Izzy is officially not dependable in my book from now on

If it is true, I don't think Izzy would just get angry and leave for no good reason. Also, doesn't make him not dependable if he left whilst Richard was there and he was only meant to be doing a guest spot. If the band  were playing that day and there wasn't anyone else I'm sure he wouldn't let fans down. 

If we take Niven's word about Izzy being at a sound check somewhere in the Midwest last year:

Although he said "last year", it didn't sound like he was referring to something that happened recently, so I think he meant 2016. In 2016 they played Detroit, Chicago (2 shows), Kansas City and Cincinatti (with Steven). Leaving Detroit out because it was the first show of the tour and there were many pics from the sound check, were there any Izzy rumours about the other shows?

50 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Niven stated that all his information is second hand, given to him by somebody "close" to the GnR camp. 

In @Gambit83 interview Niven says Izzy flew out to the midwest for a sound check, it was the people in here that jumped to the conclusion it must be Nashvile as it was reported Izzy was seen in a hotel.

I read threw the Nashville gig thread, Slash was pictured at Nashville Zoo with Meegn, Duff and Susan having drinks at a bar, then a sound check in the afternoon.

Susan filmed and posted some of the sound check and leaks Steven being there, pictures by Meegan show Duff, Slash and Steven fooling around. There were various people posting about the songs played It was the first time 'Sorry' was rehearsed. Nobody report hearing Izzy at the sound check.

I wonder with such a full on day, at what point did they meet with Izzy, I can't see with all this going on that there was  enough time to talk with him unless it was just with Axl. I don't see any serious negotiations concerning the band going on without Slash and Duff being present. 

So I wonder is it Izzy or the information that's not dependable?

In depth analysis there. Just to add to what has been going on it seems that Duff/Fernando is playing connector here. 

Duff was in studio with Izzy just prior to reunion. 

Axl has had conversations with Izzy according to his interview but it seems like they have a disconnect when it comes to how the conversation was perceived. 12:50 Which brings me to my new theory...Axl is getting information second hand 

I think the reason this thing hasn’t happened yet is Axl is trying to play hands off. For whatever reason he’s letting other people deal with Izzy instead of being upfront on the negotiation. Which is probably what pisses Izzy off the most. Axl has likely had “his people” talk to Izzy and relay the msg back. Well I’m sure Izzy is thinking “fu*k you Fernando put Axl on the line.” And probably has gotten to the point where Izzy is thinking “fu*k you Duff where’s Axl” 

and for Izzy’s part he’s not going to put up with that I’m too good to talk to you shit from Axl. I think this is where the disconnect is coming from and it’s something Duff struggled with when he reconnected with Axl. (Remember Beta said Axl was in the shower when Duff knocked on his door) luckily for Duff he’s willing to put forth the effort to reconnect. Izzy on the other hand seems like the opposite in if you don’t have time for him he doesn’t have time for you. 

So the bottom half below the video is just speculation on my part. Please don’t get mad and say “how could you know that...this is stupid” it just seems that the truth is Axl doesn’t understand that he’s doing anything wrong and Izzy doesn’t see Axl as any better than himself. At the end of the day I think their relationship is the make or break on this happening 

and maybe Axl doesn’t want it to happen...he’s still got “his guys” in the band 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

In depth analysis there. Just to add to what has been going on it seems that Duff/Fernando is playing connector here. 

Axl has had conversations with Izzy according to his interview but it seems like they have a disconnect when it comes to how the conversation was perceived. 12:50 Which brings me to my new theory...Axl is getting information second hand 

I think the reason this thing hasn’t happened yet is Axl is trying to play hands off. For whatever reason he’s letting other people deal with Izzy instead of being upfront on the negotiation. Which is probably what pisses Izzy off the most. Axl has likely had “his people” talk to Izzy and relay the msg back. Well I’m sure Izzy is thinking “fu*k you Fernando put Axl on the line.” And probably has gotten to the point where Izzy is thinking “fu*k you Duff where’s Axl” 

and for Izzy’s part he’s not going to put up with that I’m too good to talk to you shit from Axl. I think this is where the disconnect is coming from and it’s something Duff struggled with when he reconnected with Axl. (Remember Beta said Axl was in the shower when Duff knocked on his door) luckily for Duff he’s willing to put forth the effort to reconnect. Izzy on the other hand seems like the opposite in if you don’t have time for him he doesn’t have time for you. 

So the bottom half below the video is just speculation on my part. Please don’t get mad and say “how could you know that...this is stupid” it just seems that the truth is Axl doesn’t understand that he’s doing anything wrong and Izzy doesn’t see Axl as any better than himself. At the end of the day I think their relationship is the make or break on this happening 

That's alot of assumptions. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl has had conversations with Izzy according to his interview bu kt it seems like they have a disconnect when it comes to how the conversation was perceived. 12:50 Which brings me to my new theory...Axl is getting information second hand 

I like this theory. However axl has said in his interviews when izzy did tour during the CD tours axls  management (TB) were the ones negotiating the dollars and conditions and axl has said he didnt want to know the details.  So i guess in axls mind these negotiations for NITL would be no different compared to other tours negotiated in the past, except there is more money to be made and more fans interested in the band with this tour. It's always the issue with guns....to many middlemen.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I like this theory. However axl has said in his interviews when izzy did tour during the CD tours axls  management (TB) were the ones negotiating the dollars and conditions and axl has said he didnt want to know the details.  So i guess in axls mind these negotiations for NITL would be no different compared to other tours negotiated in the past, except there is more money to be made and more fans interested in the band with this tour.

I would say that this is the only difference between the Appetite for Democracy and Not In This Lifetime Tours. The structure (management) is still the same. 

44 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Mitch Lafon confirms through Alan, and yes nothing is confirmed other than Axl’s Taco Bell affection, it was Nashville and there was hope for Pittsburgh too.

Is Alan's source the same one who told him izzy was in the studio recording with them in 2016? Or a different one this time? 

1 hour ago, Gambit83 said:

Mitch Lafon confirms through Alan, and yes nothing is confirmed other than Axl’s Taco Bell affection, it was Nashville and there was hope for Pittsburgh too.

I believe Mitch was the first to say that Adler wasn't participating in the reunion because of a back surgery, but I could be wrong.

Considering the timing, this makes sense. We could've seen an AFD reunion, even if it were for a song or two (and plus a few extra musicians).

i dont even think it was going to be all 5 for the song probably axl thought it would be ok with all 5 plus the rest making it like 9 izzy was like ya right after shitty low ball shit 

the issue isn't so much with axl but with tb and how they have become greedy throughout all the axl years exemplified by the release of the o2 concert of axl at his worst for a pay day which apparently had cost fernando his job for a moment 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

I believe Mitch was the first to say that Adler wasn't participating in the reunion because of a back surgery, but I could be wrong.

Considering the timing, this makes sense. We could've seen an AFD reunion, even if it were for a song or two (and plus a few extra musicians).

I think @ArtTavana broke it as he was the only journalist allowed at the Troubadour. Then Mick Wall claims he broke it....according to Art.

10 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I admire the way axl handled the interview.  If it's true that Izzy left, he could have completely thrown Izzy under the bus but he didn't. 

he did however throw him under the bus a bit by making him out to be flakey - izzy counters by saying the reason was that the $ was unfair 

i wouldn' take any sides until they regroup and kick TB to the side, what have they really done on their own until now

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

he did however throw him under the bus a bit by making him out to be flakey - izzy counters by saying the reason was that the $ was unfair 

i wouldn' take any sides until they regroup and kick TB to the side, what have they really done on their own until now

Yeah but he could have went nuclear on Izzy but danced around it. Then after Izzy responded,  axl apparently just let it go. 90s axl would have ripped him a new one at the next show buy telling us all the juicy details and been like, we tried for you guys but Izzy didn't care about y'all. Or something like that 

26 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

Yeah but he could have went nuclear on Izzy but danced around it. Then after Izzy responded,  axl apparently just let it go. 90s axl would have ripped him a new one at the next show buy telling us all the juicy details and been like, we tried for you guys but Izzy didn't care about y'all. Or something like that 

dont think axl had much defense after that even if he was 90s axl - izzy was pissed and appears to be the only one that can one him up 

however axls twitter rants on politics and the recent one on melania being a hooker is quite in line with his traditional self if not more accentuated now by his insular existence and charlie sheen type exclamations 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

dont think axl had much defense after that even if he was 90s axl - izzy was pissed and appears to be the only one that can one him up 

however axls twitter rants on politics and the recent one on melania being a hooker is quite in line with his traditional self if not more accentuated now by his insular existence and charlie sheen type exclamations 

If Izzy's money demands were unreasonable, there's Axl's defense. Right or wrong he could have ranted about it but he just let it go. 

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If Izzy's money demands were unreasonable, there's Axl's defense. Right or wrong he could have ranted about it but he just let it go. 

izzys is one of the only persons that axl truly loves and it must be a constant 14 year battle between them hence the no go zone - i would encourage duff to mend these fences properly without thinking of his bank account