Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

39 minutes ago, Guigsdaddy76 said:

just an opinion.  But Billy refers to how Guns handled Adler when he was texted with Darcy.  Have a look at the texts if you haven't already.

Already viewed, and read several articles concerning the SP reunion. Different people, different bands and different issues concerning such. 

The only common factor really is the regrouping of former members, and the non-inclusion of some. It would be deceptively easy but misleading somewhat to paint this with broad strokes and claim it is the same.

I can see the similarities, but am also aware of all the differences. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Not just that. It’s funny how he projects himself (or his old self) on Izzy, making him look unreliable, like never knowing if he would even show up or not.

It’s laughable.

its embarrasingly laughable to say the least Axl during the NU years had his head so far up his ass that he would make up stuff and present someone as a conspirator against him in order to justify whatever minute decision or thought that he wished to express 

look no further to the rock n roll hall of fame letter to understand how out of touch he was with reality especially since embarking on NITL and latching on to any last remnants of what represents the NU era, he still kinda is out of touch 

i have faith that he is and will come around and understand that the classic era is the reason why he has become so fucking successful in the last couple years and some of those guys that have not or marginally been included are without a doubt part of the reason for his current success and has nothing really to do with the unwavering loyalty of his hired hands 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

its embarrasingly laughable to say the least Axl during the NU years had his head so far up his ass that he would make up stuff and present someone as a conspirator against him in order to justify whatever minute decision or thought that he wished to express 

look no further to the rock n roll hall of fame letter to understand how out of touch he was with reality especially since embarking on NITL and latching on to any last remnants of what represents the NU era, he still kinda is out of touch 

i have faith that he is and will come around and understand that the classic era is the reason why he has become so fucking successful in the last couple years and some of those guys that have not or marginally been included are without a doubt part of the reason for his current success and has nothing really to do with the unwavering loyalty of his hired hands 

Man that ‘Tache was the spawn of two inbred cousins mating and producing a mullet, who fucked Ron Jeremy and then it landed on Axl’s face.  30 years after it was first wrong to have that ‘stache. 

Thats how out of touch with reality he is. 

I think he let himself down with the hall of fame thing. Why didn’t they reach out to each other, agree to give the hall the finger like the Sex Pistols did and no one turned up.

Except Steven 😂

Without knowing the full facts of the current setup, it’s hard to tell, but in the past it’s been a band of mercenaries. Every man for himself. In that situation it helps to be cracked. He will go further than any one because of who he is. OCD or something. He has more stamina than the others and would argue with you for days,

You give in to little things bit by bit just to get him to shut the fuck up.  

Taking out a notebook while on the phone to Izzy and quoting what he had said years earlier and in between these types of conversations he was crying. 

He sounds like a shit girlfriend. 

Having said that, I think slash and Duff are mercenary also. 

I think there’s no going back for Guns. Nobody’s gonna go see Axl on his own after this tour. They want the real deal, and the sad thing is; much as I would kill (mercenary) to see the AFD5 together I don’t think if they were there it would sell much more than it is anyway. The plebs want Axl and Slash and the 7 songs they know through osmosis.

The Guns split was so public and speculative over the years you couldn’t not know they were split.... This tour is the most successful tour since 93 for a reason. Because the plebs know Slash is back, Duff probably doesn’t count for the plebs.

Any other version of Guns wont work after this, the plebs won’t have it. 

Egos, Drugs, Alcohol, Women, Success, Drugs, Money, Alcohol, Drugs..... 

Its hard for 5 people to survive that. 

(Lucky Bastards.......) 😂

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Man that ‘Tache was the spawn of two inbred cousins mating and producing a mullet, who fucked Ron Jeremy and then it landed on Axl’s face.  30 years after it was first wrong to have that ‘stache. 

Thats how out of touch with reality he is. 

I think he let himself down with the hall of fame thing. Why didn’t they reach out to each other, agree to give the hall the finger like the Sex Pistols did and no one turned up.

Except Steven 😂

Without knowing the full facts of the current setup, it’s hard to tell, but in the past it’s been a band of mercenaries. Every man for himself. In that situation it helps to be cracked. He will go further than any one because of who he is. OCD or something. He has more stamina than the others and would argue with you for days,

You give in to little things bit by bit just to get him to shut the fuck up.  

Taking out a notebook while on the phone to Izzy and quoting what he had said years earlier and in between these types of conversations he was crying. 

He sounds like a shit girlfriend. 

Having said that, I think slash and Duff are mercenary also. 

I think there’s no going back for Guns. Nobody’s gonna go see Axl on his own after this tour. They want the real deal, and the sad thing is; much as I would kill (mercenary) to see the AFD5 together I don’t think if they were there it would sell much more than it is anyway. The plebs want Axl and Slash and the 7 songs they know through osmosis.

The Guns split was so public and speculative over the years you couldn’t not know they were split.... This tour is the most successful tour since 93 for a reason. Because the plebs know Slash is back, Duff probably doesn’t count for the plebs.

Any other version of Guns wont work after this, the plebs won’t have it. 

Egos, Drugs, Alcohol, Women, Success, Drugs, Money, Alcohol, Drugs..... 

Its hard for 5 people to survive that. 

(Lucky Bastards.......) 😂

i think the biggest reason why the AFD5 wont reunite that nobody has ever really mentioned is that Axl is the only one that isn't sober or with a GF/wife and this probably freaks the shit out of him

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rose's hall of fame non-appearance was the last dying gasp of Rose's one-man ''Nu-band'' intransigent crusade. It was the final ''Slash is in my ass'' moment, before Rose, finally bowing to the inevitable realisation that he is ''nothing without Slash'', grovelled and cashed-in. 

he still is on that crusade more or less

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

he still is on that crusade more or less

A boon to Rose's hubris, Fortus and Ferrer and Chinese in the setlist sustain the illusion that the ''Nu'' era was anything less than an unmitigated disaster. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

billy-darcy-12.jpg?quality=80

"Fans loved it and no one complained."

If it was ever in question, it's quite obvious to me that Billy Corgan has never been to this forum.

:facepalm:

:lol: We also have to remember that no one and I mean NO ONE complains like we do! lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i think the biggest reason why the AFD5 wont reunite that nobody has ever really mentioned is that Axl is the only one that isn't sober or with a GF/wife and this probably freaks the shit out of him

I personally don't see that as the biggest factor, and nothing really has been publicly mentioned concerning Axl's sobriety, or lack thereof or his personal relationships so I am not sure how you are factoring these unknowns into the equation. 

The biggest factor in my opinion is that aside from some hardcore fans, Izzy and Adler wouldn't sell anymore seats if they were included, they have no real bargaining power and no leverage to convince anyone to include them. 

All the promoters and casuals care about is Axl and Slash, and to a lesser degree Duff. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

I personally don't see that as the biggest factor, and nothing really has been publicly mentioned concerning Axl's sobriety, or lack thereof or his personal relationships so I am not sure how you are factoring these unknowns into the equation. 

The biggest factor in my opinion is that aside from some hardcore fans, Izzy and Adler wouldn't sell anymore seats if they were included, they have no real bargaining power and no leverage to convince anyone to include them. 

All the promoters and casuals care about is Axl and Slash, and to a lesser degree Duff. 

i strongly disagree die hards would spend a lot more on ticket prices and probably casuals would follow suit and the end product would be better 

i have to assume that axl likes having the hired guys around cause he likes to have a drink and the sober town of the original guys would freak him out if it was just them all trying to vibe 

he'd have to come to grips to that reality which would be tough if you think about it, the ego is one thing, but drinking around all the original guys who are dead sober now when in the past were fucked and roles somewhat reversed would be a head fuck for him to say the least

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

8 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

have to assume that axl likes having the hired guys around cause he likes to have a drink and the sober town of the original guys would freak him out if it was just them all trying to vibe 

lol :lol:

Axl wouldn't mix with the originals even if they were still fuck-ups! He doesn't go out with them at all and I cant assume he drinks all day long, but really... Axl never hangs out with Duff or Slash, day or night.

He has his own circle of drinkers, like maybe Del James and the whole TB plus TB friends, who are a lot younger than him and are the ones who always accompany him to the after parties.

40 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i strongly disagree die hards would spend a lot more on ticket prices and probably casuals would follow suit and the end product would be better 

i have to assume that axl likes having the hired guys around cause he likes to have a drink and the sober town of the original guys would freak him out if it was just them all trying to vibe 

he'd have to come to grips to that reality which would be tough if you think about it, the ego is one thing, but drinking around all the original guys who are dead sober now when in the past were fucked and roles somewhat reversed would be a head fuck for him to say the least

Really? This is where we're at now? Adler and Izzy aren't around because Axl doesn't want too many sober people around? 1) Does Axl even party with the rest of the band? 2) He's Axl rose, he can find people to part with. 3) Of all Adler's flaws, "too sober" will never be one of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Really? This is where we're at now? Adler and Izzy aren't around because Axl doesn't want too many sober people around? 1) Does Axl even party with the rest of the band? 2) He's Axl rose, he can find people to part with. 3) Of all Adler's flaws, "too sober" will never be one of them.

im gonna take a pretty educated guess that he parties quite a bit with TB/Dell and here and there with Frank/Dizzy/Melissa - yes - the original gnr guys have sober flaws 

42 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Lot of assumption, speculation and outright fan fiction there with no real facts, figures or verifiable information to validate it. 

• Like 1