Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

4 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

yeah i think the story is bs and we'll probably never get the real story but i think maybe he turned down the shit offer after the first soundcheck which he wasnt involved in... if anything whatever he was offered was probably something like what steven was offered where he only got to play a few songs, which i woulda turned down too if i wrote half the shit i wasnt able to play... either that or maybe they reached out to izzy with a shit offer after steve hurt his back cuz they didnt just want it to be the three of them

Yeah I'm pretty sure it would have been business first then jam/rehearse.

The more you analyze it the more it doesn't add up.

7 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Yup, payment, contracts before soundcheck. And if izzy was at the sound check, it means all that has been dealt with already. He wouldn't have the freedom to walk away and tweet the loot tweet without any repercussions. They could sue him. It's insane to think that everyone is under contract except izzy. It simply doesn't add up. 

• Like 1

im not so sure, one negotiating tactic is to wait bc in the eyes of TB  a character with such question marks such as izzy a guy that wants to do it right, shows up because who knows - maybe the original 5 was insinuated but not specified as that - and upon understanding the situation at the very moment - he said FUCK THAT 

izzy is the big exception of all logical thought he is at the same level as axl 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

nah they dont rehearse then sign contracts after. if izzy did in fact walk away after soundcheck it was slash and duff doing souncheck... maybe frank and or steven... axl doesnt do souncheck and i doubt izzy did either

who gives a shit niven is probably right considering his credibility is in tact with being involved from their initiation to triumph and only that - axl derailed it to one man it 

theres no other fucking explanation why someone would storm off

7 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

who gives a shit niven is probably right considering his credibility is in tact with being involved from their initiation to triumph and only that - axl derailed it to one man it 

theres no other fucking explanation why someone would storm off

how old is niven now? is it possible hes just a senile old fuck? plus he was fired by axl so i consider his take on things to be just a tad biased... so i personally question his credibility a little bit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

Yep, that's definitely bitchy wife talk. He also shows zero interest in other women.  Like he's just forcing himself to stand there to keep the rockstar in him alive.

How often are you around Axl to know firsthand he supposedly shows no interest in other women? 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Niven admitted in the interview he hadn't spoken to Izzy in quite some time. 

It isn't valid information that Izzy was in Nashville or Pittsburgh. It's simply a rumor that many wish to be true so it gained legs by way of repetition. Niven was wrong about Izzy recording with GNR, and he is wrong here too, he simply isn't a credible source for GNR information. His assertions concerning Meegan and Erin are mistaken too. 

It's a shame people are so willing to jump to conclusions, invest in assumptions, not to mention believe and circulate half cocked stories. :( 

Edited by RazorGunner
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

how old is niven now? is it possible hes just a senile old fuck? plus he was fired by axl so i consider his take on things to be just a tad biased... so i personally question his credibility a little bit

Well Alan Niven hated Axl even before his dismissal from the band. Didn't he use to play with voodoo dolls while wearing black hoods and other shit back then? :lol:

18 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

mine as well, i notice how overly jealous/bitchy she came across in that video in South America where he is with those babes taking pics, seems like husband wife shit

It seems like she wants him to hurry up, he wants to hurry up, he doesn't want to be a dick to the fans, so he wants her to move the situation along, and they're both getting frustrated with the situation. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

It seems like she wants him to hurry up, he wants to hurry up, he doesn't want to be a dick to the fans, so he wants her to move the situation along, and they're both getting frustrated with the situation. 

Families don't agree on everything, they may even argue, but at the end of the day they are still family. 

1 hour ago, RazorGunner said:

It isn't valid information that Izzy was in Nashville or Pittsburgh. It's simply a rumor that many wish to be true so it gained legs by way of repetition. Niven was wrong about Izzy recording with GNR, and he is wrong here too, he simply isn't a credible source for GNR information. His assertions concerning Meegan and Erin are mistaken too. 

It's a shame people are so willing to jump to conclusions, invest in assumptions, not to mention believe and circulate half cocked stories. :( 

Yeah I'm starting to see why he was ditched. He seems more and more like a shyster.

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i dont think he wants to hurry up at all

He said something like "we have to keep it moving though". It seemed like he wanted to get moving and wanted her to manage the situation with the fans and she wasn't, so he was frustrated with her, and she was frustrated being called out for her management.

33 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

Fairly regular.  We hang out all the time. Seriously,  he's only smiling in pics with her it seems

Sure, delusional much?

I've seen him smile in several fan pictures, although the majority of them aren't graced with such, and it is understandable how constantly being photographed, or having people request to photograph you can be somewhat of a drag. It has to get tiresome at a point, especially after 30 years. 

Edited by RazorGunner

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Yeah I'm starting to see why he was ditched. He seems more and more like a shyster.

I wouldn't presume to call Izzy a shyster, he and GNR simply couldn't reach an agreement that everybody could agree on. He thought he should be paid more, reading the context of the now-deleted tweet, and GNR didn't choose to meet his demands at this time. Izzy has no real leverage, and neither he nor Adler would sell anymore seats. 

The promoters and the casuals basically care about Axl, Slash and to a lesser degree, Duff. The only people complaining about the absences are a portion of the hardcore fanbase. 

The lack of Izzy or Adler hasn't stopped the casuals from flocking to see the band and checking it off their bucket list. Looking at the sales figures and the success of the tour, it doesn't appear to have impacted the tour negatively. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

I wouldn't presume to call Izzy a shyster, he and GNR simply couldn't reach an agreement that everybody could agree on. He thought he should be paid more, reading the context of the now-deleted tweet, and GNR didn't choose to meet his demands at this time. Izzy has no real leverage, and neither he nor Adler would sell anymore seats. 

The promoters and the casuals basically care about Axl, Slash and to a lesser degree, Duff. The only people complaining about the absences are a portion of the hardcore fanbase. 

The lack of Izzy or Adler hasn't stopped the casuals from flocking to see the band and checking it off their bucket list. Looking at the sales figures and the success of the tour, it doesn't appear to have impacted the tour negatively. 

I meant Alan. My bad.

15 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

Because this band releases no info at all and in the rare times they do it's largely bullshit. Speculation has helped document the history of the band since '96.

Niven is not stating things definitively in his quotes. They're his opinions based on what he's heard from people close to the band. If fans take his opinions as facts, is Niven to be blamed?

Here are the exact quotes:

1. In 2014, Niven wrote an article which had an interesting little anecdote:

When the band was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Izzy set up a meeting with Axl at a L.A. Hotel. He wanted to get an agreement for the original band to play together one last time - do the fuckin' re-union there in that moment and then say “thank you, good fuckin' night.” After waiting for two hours for Axl to show, he drove home. No-show Axl had made him miserable one more fuckin' time.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2014-06-04/opinion-why-izzy-stradlin-was-the-heart-of-guns-n-roses

- No confirmation on whether this did or didn't happen. But Izzy and Axl are both conspicuously absent at the awards ceremony. The way this is written in Niven's article, I just can't see why this would be fake. Why lie about something like this in an article about "Izzy being the heart of the soul of GnR"? He could have easily omitted this and it wouldn't have really impacted the article. I think he mentioned this incident because somebody in the know told him about it. There's no other credible explanation for why it's presented the way it is. And...nobody publicly denied it. Not Axl, Slash, or Duff. :shrugs:

2. In January 2016, Niven says this:

“Izzy will sit on the sidelines until he feels like he wants to get his toes in the water. He doesn’t like all the drama. “I think he’s written with them. Recently.” Around this time, Duff's wife Susan says ‘never say never’ in regard to Izzy returning to the band. 

https://www.alternativenation.net/izzy-stradlin-is-writing-new-music-with-guns-n-roses/

- So, Izzy and Duff could have been writing GnR songs in studio in late 2015. -

Is this a matter of Niven being out of the loop and making stuff up/guessing or him knowing Duff and Izzy met up recently to write and he just assumed they were doing GnR stuff? From the wording, it appears someone asked him his thoughts on Izzy being in the reunion and Niven is answering based on what he knows about Izzy in the past. That he'll "sit on the sidelines..." - he also says he "thinks" Izzy and Duff are writing, which sounds like a bit of guesswork. He's not really claiming to be in the know here.

Iirc there was some talk on the forum that Izzy and Duff did connect in late 2015....? So if they did meet up, the question is - what was it about? Early negotiations? Duff is by his own admission handling the business stuff and serving as the band's PR wing. It would make sense that he's the first to reach out to Izzy. Izzy is also closer to Duff than anyone else in the band. So maybe Niven was right that Izzy and Duff met, but he was guessing as to the context of the meeting.

3. Alan Niven is interviewed in early 2018 and mentions that he imagines  Izzy is more than likely very upset with the band (something we all know) and that he was at a rehearsal in the midwest last year before things went bad.

This lines up with a forum member mentioning that a friend of his had observed Izzy at a rehearsal in Nashville. Again the way this story is told by Niven, I just wonder - why lie about something like this? If you were going to make up a story, why make it up in this fashion and what are the chances of it coinciding with something a forum member wrote in 2016?

Note: he did not say Izzy was just at a soundcheck. He said Izzy was at a soundcheck in the midwest. Someone out of the loop or lying would more than likely not be that specific.  Unless Niven haunts this forum, it seems extremely unlikely that he's intentionally lying. If he's wrong about this, he's more than likely getting fed information from a source that isn't really in the loop. 

<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

- My take on Niven is simply that he's answering GnR related questions that he's asked and throwing a bone to the GnR fanbase.  I do think Niven has some access to the GnR camp via some of the band's old crew who are still there. He could very likely still have a relationship with Slash. If Arlett is in the know on certain things, I don't see why Niven wouldn't be unless he's on the outs with Slash. We just don't know what his access is like. As far as his credibility - I'm not really sure there is hard evidence to not give him the benefit of doubt (aside from Axl hating him). I'm certainly inclined to believe him and Arlett on certain issues over Team Brazil/Duff. 

Do I think Izzy was at that soundcheck? 

Probably not. I just don't see why he would bother after the Coachella negotiations fell through and then being left out once the tour w/ Live Nation was announced. They might have all had a change of heart and tried re-engage Izzy and Steven once the tour was going well and they were all getting along. Maybe once Steven was in the mix, Izzy became interested again and flew out to Nashville as a gesture of good faith but things stalled again over money. That could explain the hostile response from him after Axl's interview. 

I have a feeling they've patched up a bit though. An upset Izzy is not going to publicly acknowledge birthday wishes from Duff and Slash. Maybe those two tried to pacify him after his tweet set off a round of negative publicity for the band. These guys are smooth operators - it's in their best interest ($$$) to keep people like Izzy and Steven silent. That could also be a mandate from Live Nation - asking the band members to keep everyone in line so they avoid any unwanted PR during this massive tour. 

13 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Then you don't know what you're talking about dude. Go back and read your GnR history - there's quotes everywhere on this forum from GnR members talking about Niven.

The only one who doesn't like Niven in the band is Axl. Since you love Axl so much, it's understandable why you see Niven as a shyster. But nobody in the band supported his firing except Axl. Izzy hired him as his manager for Ju Ju Hounds and Slash publicly thanked him at the Rock HOF. In Slash's book, he says that firing Niven and hiring Goldstein was the downfall of the band. 

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • GNFNR 1

Would I love to see both Izzy and Steven back in the band? Hell Yes I would.

With that being said, I really don't miss them. The current lineup reminds me of the Illusions lineup in the way that, the O.G guitar player and drummer have been replaced due to reasons out of any of our control. 

I've recognized every lineup from the past as Guns N' Roses, and this is no different.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Just imagine the faces of Slash and Duff when Axl tells them.

I don't think they are that clueless.... If this is true, they probably know already.

I don't believe he is married to her, but if he is, it could be an arrangement so that she inherits his fortune after he passes away.

12 hours ago, RONIN said:

Because this band releases no info at all and in the rare times they do it's largely bullshit. Speculation has helped document the history of the band since '96.

Niven is not stating things definitively in his quotes. They're his opinions based on what he's heard from people close to the band. If fans take his opinions as facts, is Niven to be blamed?

Here are the exact quotes:

1. In 2014, Niven wrote an article which had an interesting little anecdote:

When the band was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Izzy set up a meeting with Axl at a L.A. Hotel. He wanted to get an agreement for the original band to play together one last time - do the fuckin' re-union there in that moment and then say “thank you, good fuckin' night.” After waiting for two hours for Axl to show, he drove home. No-show Axl had made him miserable one more fuckin' time.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2014-06-04/opinion-why-izzy-stradlin-was-the-heart-of-guns-n-roses

- No confirmation on whether this did or didn't happen. But Izzy and Axl are both conspicuously absent at the awards ceremony. The way this is written in Niven's article, I just can't see why this would be fake. Why lie about something like this in an article about "Izzy being the heart of the soul of GnR"? He could have easily omitted this and it wouldn't have really impacted the article. I think he mentioned this incident because somebody in the know told him about it. There's no other credible explanation for why it's presented the way it is. And...nobody publicly denied it. Not Axl, Slash, or Duff. :shrugs:

2. In January 2016, Niven says this:

“Izzy will sit on the sidelines until he feels like he wants to get his toes in the water. He doesn’t like all the drama. “I think he’s written with them. Recently.” Around this time, Duff's wife Susan says ‘never say never’ in regard to Izzy returning to the band. 

https://www.alternativenation.net/izzy-stradlin-is-writing-new-music-with-guns-n-roses/

- So, Izzy and Duff could have been writing GnR songs in studio in late 2015. -

Is this a matter of Niven being out of the loop and making stuff up/guessing or him knowing Duff and Izzy met up recently to write and he just assumed they were doing GnR stuff? From the wording, it appears someone asked him his thoughts on Izzy being in the reunion and Niven is answering based on what he knows about Izzy in the past. That he'll "sit on the sidelines..." - he also says he "thinks" Izzy and Duff are writing, which sounds like a bit of guesswork. He's not really claiming to be in the know here.

Iirc there was some talk on the forum that Izzy and Duff did connect in late 2015....? So if they did meet up, the question is - what was it about? Early negotiations? Duff is by his own admission handling the business stuff and serving as the band's PR wing. It would make sense that he's the first to reach out to Izzy. Izzy is also closer to Duff than anyone else in the band. So maybe Niven was right that Izzy and Duff met, but he was guessing as to the context of the meeting.

3. Alan Niven is interviewed in early 2018 and mentions that he imagines  Izzy is more than likely very upset with the band (something we all know) and that he was at a rehearsal in the midwest last year before things went bad.

This lines up with a forum member mentioning that a friend of his had observed Izzy at a rehearsal in Nashville. Again the way this story is told by Niven, I just wonder - why lie about something like this? If you were going to make up a story, why make it up in this fashion and what are the chances of it coinciding with something a forum member wrote in 2016?

Note: he did not say Izzy was just at a soundcheck. He said Izzy was at a soundcheck in the midwest. Someone out of the loop or lying would more than likely not be that specific.  Unless Niven haunts this forum, it seems extremely unlikely that he's intentionally lying. If he's wrong about this, he's more than likely getting fed information from a source that isn't really in the loop. 

<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

- My take on Niven is simply that he's answering GnR related questions that he's asked and throwing a bone to the GnR fanbase.  I do think Niven has some access to the GnR camp via some of the band's old crew who are still there. He could very likely still have a relationship with Slash. If Arlett is in the know on certain things, I don't see why Niven wouldn't be unless he's on the outs with Slash. We just don't know what his access is like. As far as his credibility - I'm not really sure there is hard evidence to not give him the benefit of doubt (aside from Axl hating him). I'm certainly inclined to believe him and Arlett on certain issues over Team Brazil/Duff. 

Do I think Izzy was at that soundcheck? 

Probably not. I just don't see why he would bother after the Coachella negotiations fell through and then being left out once the tour w/ Live Nation was announced. They might have all had a change of heart and tried re-engage Izzy and Steven once the tour was going well and they were all getting along. Maybe once Steven was in the mix, Izzy became interested again and flew out to Nashville as a gesture of good faith but things stalled again over money. That could explain the hostile response from him after Axl's interview. 

I have a feeling they've patched up a bit though. An upset Izzy is not going to publicly acknowledge birthday wishes from Duff and Slash. Maybe those two tried to pacify him after his tweet set off a round of negative publicity for the band. These guys are smooth operators - it's in their best interest ($$$) to keep people like Izzy and Steven silent. That could also be a mandate from Live Nation - asking the band members to keep everyone in line so they avoid any unwanted PR during this massive tour. 

Then you don't know what you're talking about dude. Go back and read your GnR history - there's quotes everywhere on this forum from GnR members talking about Niven.

The only one who doesn't like Niven in the band is Axl. Since you love Axl so much, it's understandable why you see Niven as a shyster. But nobody in the band supported his firing except Axl. Izzy hired him as his manager for Ju Ju Hounds and Slash publicly thanked him at the Rock HOF. In Slash's book, he says that firing Niven and hiring Goldstein was the downfall of the band. 

It's not rational or particularly smart to take everything a Former Manager who admittedly hasn't been in contact with the band in years says as gospel. 

He also relayed that Izzy was recording recently with GNR and that is an outright lie. 

He made this bizarre statement about Axl in AC/DC. 

“I’m looking at what Ali stood for and what he was prepared to give up and the spirit of the man, and at the same time I’m really disappointed to see Axl playing in AC/DC and running around under a pair devil horns,” Niven told Lafon.

“There’s an old maxim that I’ve always tried to follow, which is: ‘Never defend the devil … The superficial thing is that while Ali is obviously ascending his stairway to heaven, I think I’m watching Axl really unfortunately on his highway to hell, and that’s really sad to me. I always thought he was on a spiritual quest, but I don’t think it ends up with being on stage with someone like Angus Young.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.australianetworknews.com/axl-rose-slammed-guns-n-roses-manager-hes-way-hell/amp/

You believe everything Niven utters if you want to, and post all of his quotes, and your fan fiction suppositions if that makes you happy, but don't expect everyone else to make the same choice and believe it. 

I think he is mistaken on numerous issues. :blink:

Edited by RazorGunner

23 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

It's not rational or particularly smart to take everything a Former Manager who admittedly hasn't been in contact with the band in years says as gospel. 

He also relayed that Izzy was recording recently with GNR and that is an outright lie. 

He made this bizarre statement about Axl in AC/DC. 

“I’m looking at what Ali stood for and what he was prepared to give up and the spirit of the man, and at the same time I’m really disappointed to see Axl playing in AC/DC and running around under a pair devil horns,” Niven told Lafon.

“There’s an old maxim that I’ve always tried to follow, which is: ‘Never defend the devil … The superficial thing is that while Ali is obviously ascending his stairway to heaven, I think I’m watching Axl really unfortunately on his highway to hell, and that’s really sad to me. I always thought he was on a spiritual quest, but I don’t think it ends up with being on stage with someone like Angus Young.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.australianetworknews.com/axl-rose-slammed-guns-n-roses-manager-hes-way-hell/amp/

You believe everything Niven utters if you want to, and post all of his quotes, and your fan fiction suppositions if that makes you happy, but don't expect everyone else to make the same choice and believe it. 

I think he is mistaken on numerous issues. :blink:

Yes, this that he said of AC/DC not see m  said for a very rational person .

• Like 1

I am also uncertain about how much to trust Niven. He is so obviously biased when it comes to both Axl and Izzy. I know I can't trust him 100 %, but I have no idea to what degree I can trust him. Is he just embellishing a bit, retelling rumors he would like to be true, making things up? I have no idea.

Why can't anyone just be unbiased? What a fucking polarizing band :lol: 

• Like 3