LA Forum '17 - Amazing quality vids surfaced!

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

that Don't Cry animation, dafuq...

Team Brazil could at least use some relevant "stock" animation. this one's for black bird by Alterbridge lol

They didn't choose the animations. Opie (production manager) said that the band had final say in everything involving the production from start to finish 

1:40

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2018 at 6:17 PM, Spirit said:

You think TB is designing the stage show, gimme a break 🙄

I don't know call me a naysayer or whatever but these sort of GNR live visualizations starting from 2009 onwards look like some cheap internet stock footage. That's why I suspect Team Beta being behind it. I would rather see some super abstract mimimal stuff in the background than seeing black bird of Alterbridge. And trust me I've seen these being in the front row as well. same shit...

just compare the shit with Metallica's or ACDC.

Gone are the days with kick ass Andy Morahan videos...

Edited by ©GnrPersia

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I don't know call me a naysayer or whatever but these sort of GNR live visualizations starting from 2009 onwards look like some cheap internet stock footage. That's why I suspect Team Beta being behind it. I would rather see some super abstract mimimal stuff in the background than seeing black bird of Alterbridge. And trust me I've seen these being in the front row as well. same shit...

On what grounds do you suspect TB being behind it? They don’t have any record of making or deciding on visuals to my knowledge.

Wanna know what I think? You saw something you don’t like, and then wanted somebody to blame it on. TB seem to be the easy target, and you just went with that.

TB is managing business, they don’t have any creative control.

Btw, TB wasn’t managing Guns until 2011.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Nope. Axl has been behind every one of those videos, maybe he just likes tacky... I mean look at some of the stuff he wears ;) 

Also, go back and watch the early 2000s videos, they were cut from the same cloth. I mean some of it is legitimately cool, like the matrix camera thing they were doing in 2001-02 (anyone have a clip?) but overall the videos in the background for guns have not been great.

A couple of bands get it right, like Rush or Metallica, but GNR not so much.

Surprised they don't use more clips from the official music videos.

Edited by Tom2112

6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Thanks!

There's one video I came across, where Axl jumps and the camera does the whole matrix freeze frame, stop-motion 360 thing while he's mid air. I've never seen anything like it for a concert. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 12:27 AM, Tom2112 said:

Thanks!

There's one video I came across, where Axl jumps and the camera does the whole matrix freeze frame, stop-motion 360 thing while he's mid air. I've never seen anything like it for a concert. 

Yeah that’s a pretty badass effect! Wish they’d bring that one back. 

On 02/04/2018 at 5:27 AM, Tom2112 said:

Thanks!

Something like this?

@ 00:35

2 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Probably just really similar to Alter Bridge's video, plus I'm sure the Don't Cry video had some crow flying in it

Yes, that bird appears throughout the whole video of Don't Cry and I just looked for the supposed video of Alter Bridge and I couldn't find any official video of that song, so I don't know what people are talking about here.

Either way, Don't Cry's video is from 1991 so I doubt that it is trying to resemble anything that Alter Bridge's has ever done since GN'R are previous to Myles Kennedy's band.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, Spirit said:

On what grounds do you suspect TB being behind it? They don’t have any record of making or deciding on visuals to my knowledge.

Wanna know what I think? You saw something you don’t like, and then wanted somebody to blame it on. TB seem to be the easy target, and you just went with that.

TB is managing business, they don’t have any creative control.

Btw, TB wasn’t managing Guns until 2011.

He is correct in that video images are generic for a band and singer with a past of high creativity. I would expect the video images to be on par with U2: exceptional and integrated with the music. It’s just shit thrown up there and basic. 

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

He is correct in that video images are generic for a band and singer with a past of high creativity. I would expect the video images to be on par with U2: exceptional and integrated with the music. It’s just shit thrown up there and basic. 

Sure, but I didn't address that at all.