In your opinion, what are the best bootlegs on YouTube to show a NEW GN'R fan?

Hi all,

In all this hype of SOYL, the AFD boxset etc, my friend is showing interest in getting into GN'R. He's got a nice big TV in his place that can connect to YouTube, so I would like to put on some of the better either a) full concerts or b) single song videos of great quality. There are so many out there and I have my personal faves, but I'd like to ask you guys for your input. I want him to get a good first impression of the band (so no links to Bridge School please, ha).  

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't feel like searching all the way back. 

Post away! Thanks guys. 

Edited by GNRfanJen

8 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Hi all,

In all this hype of SOYL, the AFD boxset etc, my friend is showing interest in getting into GN'R. He's got a nice big TV in his place that can connect to YouTube, so I would like to put on some of the better either a) full concerts or b) single song videos of great quality. There are so many out there and I have my personal faves, but I'd like to ask you guys for your input. I want him to get a good first impression of the band (so no links to Bridge School please, ha).  

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't feel like searching all the way back. 

Post away! Thanks guys. 

Video? I guess the perfect entry would be SCOM: visually the best version of GNR. No BS or distractions, just a perfect, hungry, angry yet lovable band playing.  

If you're asking for a bootleg or concert, then Ritz 88. As entertaining and wild as can be. An opening door to a vast realm of magic through the less known gigs  LOL

Edited by AncientEvil80
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Also:

Rock Am Ring 2006

Bucharest 2010

Houston 2016

+1 for Bucharest 2010 and Houston 2016. Bucharest was incredible for Axl's raspy voice and Houston has what is probably my favourite performance of Nightrain of all time, although I'll give a shoutout to the Tokyo 2009 performance of Nightrain for that first verse.

• Like 2

i hope this friend of yours is not a sensitive person. watching a video of the worlds most dysfunctional band cant be traumatic. look how most of the forum members have turned out 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, donny said:

i hope this friend of yours is not a sensitive person. watching a video of the worlds most dysfunctional band cant be traumatic. look how most of the forum members have turned out 

GT1jYDZ.gif

• Like 2

if you wanna show your friend how the band has evolved over time, I would show each music video in chronological order (including the unreleased Better video and the new Shadow of Your Love lyric video).

if he's still interested after that, he could also watch a full concert from each lineup.

i would start with the Ritz 88 Show. Full of energy... The best way to watch it on TV is via Bootleg DVD and not YouTube because of the qualitiy.. but some YouTubers did a great job to bring the best possible quality like Frans N' Roses.

My first concert on TV was Tokyo 1992 and it was good.. My first time on YouTube I watched Ritz 88 over and over until i downloaded the bootleg.. My favourite show