Axl on american dad

6 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Seems I'm the only one thinking that Axl aged great.

Not at all, I agree with you.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No, I’m say that after someone dies like that, regardless of certain pre-death activities, they get sort of cannonized and so slights against them don’t get taken necessarily as funny so much.  Jacko was a joke before he died but since he’s died thats not the case so much, he’s a back to being a sort of a national treasure for America, were he alive it would have worked really well because he was thought of as sort of a joke.  Axl however is alive and is thought of as a joke and the joke works all the better because of his attempting to pull pictures of that sort from circulation, its just a different dynamic.

Comedy isn’t as flippant as ‘oh just pick an ugly guy, whoose ugly, Ernest Borgnine, great, put him in there’, there is a weight of consideration behind these things.

Bunch of hypocrites :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

Just read what has been posted, some users even think there might be some personal beef between Macfarlane or the writers and Axl.

It’s just a joke. A lame one, but that’s all there is to it.

Ok, but why am I responsible for what other fans think? :unsure:

I guess people were just throwing ideas here and there because some can't understand why is Axl a subject of jokes like this. It seems there's a perception that he's not popular enough or ugly enough to be subject of such joke.

OMG I a m going crazy, please let me go :cry:

5 minutes ago, tremolo said:

I never said you were responsible. It just seemed that at one point you were reading too much into it (Axl being repulsive or something like that). Or maybe it wasn’t you and I got confused.

Whatever, this has gone off the rails for too long. I’ll let you go for now.

Yeah, I said Axl being repulsive because that's the way they present him in the show, isn't it?

Isn't the boy put under a Clockwork Orange type of torture machine to force him abandon his addiction to sex?

That is what I was referring to :shrugs:

It was hilarious, it should be hilarious to us more than anyone else. It's shocking, watching a normal American Dad episode then to get him to not want to sleep with women he clockwork oranged and you expect the pictures it starts with, hot girls then herpes sexually transmitted diseases then boom! our hero Axl Rose on screen being made fun of. We should be able to take a joke on someone we love but we know he is polarizing. I took it on a joke on us more than him. BUT I also thought the joke they were saying was sex and a RN'R life have led to Axl looking that way so it was a cautionary thing for Steve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the joke is "inspired" from Axl's attempt to pull the fat meme from the internet: a) it's a bit belated, because that story was more than a year ago, b) it would make more sense if they used that same picture.

I think it's just about them thinking Axl looks like an old woman and making fun of him for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If the joke is "inspired" from Axl's attempt to pull the fat meme from the internet: a) it's a bit belated, because that story was more than a year ago, b) it would make more sense if they used that same picture.

I think it's just about them thinking Axl looks like an old woman and making fun of him for that.

Yes, and that picture is really gross, unflattering, would have worked better for the joke.......... although, could have Axl sue them if they had used THAT picture?

Maybe they wanted but were not allowed to use it due to legal issues.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, and that picture is really gross, unflattering, would have worked better for the joke.......... although, could have Axl sue them if they had used THAT picture?

Maybe they wanted but were not allowed to use it due to legal issues.

I don't know, but I don't think there would be legal issues, because Axl's request was about removing it from the internet (basically from appearing in the google search results, not from the original webpages that used it) and relied on a law that's only about the use of copyrighted material on the internet. And if there were legal issues about that picture, there would also be about the pictures the show used.

Probably they just didn't use that picture because it wasn't suitable for the joke they wanted to make.

And I saw that the meme story actually was in the media 2 years ago.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know, but I don't think there would be legal issues, because Axl's request was about removing it from the internet (basically from appearing in the google search results, not from the original webpages that used it) and relied on a law that's only about the use of copyrighted material on the internet. And if there were legal issues about that picture, there would also be about the pictures the show used.

I said that because if I remember correctly, the photographer was sued back then, because he took an unflattering pic of Axl.

This is the reason why they have an official photographer and others are not allowed to take photos of the shows.

I'm feeling lazy to dig up that story but I guess there was a problem with the guy who took the picture in that particular show (Canada, 2010)

Edited by killuridols

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm feeling lazy to dig up that story but I guess there was a problem with the guy who took the picture in that particular show (Canada, 2010)

The legal claim was that the guy didn't own the copyright of the picture (so it belonged to Axl) because he hadn't signed the document that would give him permission to publish his pictures. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

I thought the joke was that Axl has gone Mickey Rourke on us and that is hard on everyone’s eyes. Plus anyone who is almost sixty and still dresses like a teenager is asking to be ridiculed.

59 is almost 60. 56 is almost 57-

People should dress like they decide to, not to impress others or adhere to someone else's standards. 

• Like 3

Axl leaves himself open for such criticism if he wants to go on a highly anticipated world tour and not be in peak physical shape. Even GN'R's sole photog rule isn't enough to "hide" Axl away with camera phones everywhere.

There would probably be a lot of casual fans out there that see that and don't even recognise Axl!

• Like 3

This show is just not my thing. I find a joke lame. But Axl IS looking like an old lady. And people (celeb) aged well differ from Axl: George Clooney, Kevin Costner, Denzel Washington, Antonio Banderas, Pierce Brosnan, Lenny Kravitz, Slash, Bruce Springsteen... fuck even Steven Tyler aged better...

5 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

59 is almost 60. 56 is almost 57-

People should dress like they decide to, not to impress others or adhere to someone else's standards. 

56 is almost 60, buddy.

Of course people should dress the way they want to, I'd be the last person to conform to society's standards, but that doesn't mean others can't make jokes about it because a man who is almost 60 and dresses like a kid from high school is still funny. No big deal really.

1 minute ago, tremolo said:

No. That’s how you perceived it. The show only presented Axl looking like an old woman, everything else is your own interpretation.

I haven’t watched that show in a few years, not sure what the context is, but it looks like they’re trying to rewire Steve’s brain when it comes to sex, right? So instead of showing a picture of a grandma, they put a pic of Axl.

They show him pictures of herpes around mouth first, then pics of Axl. I don't know how herpes and grandmas or old women can be in the same group of ugly things.

52 minutes ago, tremolo said:

That’s exactly what I mean you are reading too much into it.

The whole point is showing images that cause rejection, to create an association between sex and unpleasurable things. They don’t necessarily have to be related to each other, the only requisite is that they are a turn off when shown in a sexual context.

What you mention is your own interpretation of what you saw, it’s how you processed all the information and how you came to that conclusion, which is ok, bu whoever created the lame joke isn’t responsible of the conclusions you came to.

Aright :lol:

I don't see an old woman in current Axl. I see either the Chucky doll or an old fat man with crazy hair :P

• Haha 1