the eating stuff thread

wasted

• 1 month later...

I've got some chillis from my mate who has loads of different plants. He cross pollinated two different types to create a fiery little bastard of a thing which I'm going to chop up into a salsa with some onion and tomatoes and have with some chicken in a tortilla wrap.  

• Like 2

Tuna melt galette with puff pastry.

Canned tuna and shredded mozzarella tossed with Pepper North salsa verde, pepper north original, cayenne, coriander, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and olives. Topped with more cheese and chives. 

Served over arugula and almond salad, dressed with yogurt vinaigrette with powdered flax 

• 2 weeks later...

I just went down the Polski Sklep for a portion of pork stew, potatoes pancakes and peas and a little pot of spinach dumplings on the side.  Bought a can of polish beer to have with it aswell. All for under 5 quid can't go wrong.

Think I might have caught Covid in there from a rather large Roma family mind but that's beside the point. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I just went down the Polski Sklep for a portion of pork stew, potatoes pancakes and peas and a little pot of spinach dumplings on the side.  Bought a can of polish beer to have with it aswell. All for under 5 quid can't go wrong.

Think I might have caught Covid in there from a rather large Roma family mind but that's beside the point. 

The Poles put me onto some pretty good tramps piss, Okochim is one.  Karpackie is another one, as well as having an amusing racist sounding name.  Goes down spaccy whore.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The Poles put me onto some pretty good tramps piss, Okochim is one.  Karpackie is another one, as well as having an amusing racist sounding name.  Goes down spaccy whore.

The staff in there are so good looking aswell. The birds all look like Anna Kornikova and the blokes are all handsome fuckers aswell wandering around looking like Wladimir Klitscko 😂

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am going to Krakow in October so we'll - to quote the Mackems - find out what the crack is?

Thats fuckin' grounds for a fuckin' slap round your way innit, quoting Mackems?  Only if you employ my on-going (and now deliberate :lol:) confusing of you with a Geordie. 

On 7/18/2020 at 2:29 PM, Len Cnut said:

Thats fuckin' grounds for a fuckin' slap round your way innit, quoting Mackems?  Only if you employ my on-going (and now deliberate :lol:) confusing of you with a Geordie. 

The Mackem-Geordie thing is so football dominated, and I couldn't give a monkeys about Newcastle United, or for that matter Sunderland, so it does not really hold up for me.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Mackem-Geordie thing is so football dominated, and I couldn't give a monkeys about Newcastle United, or for that matter Sunderland, so it does not really hold up for me.

I remember back in the late 90s when Boro pretended to have a local rivalry with the Geordies and the Mackems neither of whom even knew we existed. 😂

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

I remember back in the late 90s when Boro pretended to have a local rivalry with the Geordies and the Mackems neither of whom even knew we existed. 😂

You were the fuckin’ bollocks for a minute y’know, Ravanelli and Juninho and all that.

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

I think of Newcastle, sunderland and middlesborough as all the same place, they all sort of meld into one. I see it as sort of like a mild Scotland. Accent all over the place.

My main reference point for all things North East though is Viz 😄 I always remember a fat slags strip where Tray and Baz are shagging whilst he is smoking a fag and she is eating a bag of chips 😄

• Haha 1

On 05/07/2020 at 4:00 PM, spunko12345 said:

I've got some chillis from my mate who has loads of different plants. He cross pollinated two different types to create a fiery little bastard of a thing which I'm going to chop up into a salsa with some onion and tomatoes and have with some chicken in a tortilla wrap.  

He gave me a plant but I think I over watered it. All the bottom leaves have dropped off and it's looking pretty droopy. Shame as there were tiny little fruits starting to grow in the healthy stems at the top. Hopefully I can revive it.

Edited by spunko12345