the eating stuff thread

wasted

On March 24, 2020 at 10:42 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Having tried all the sauces now, Black Cherry and Reaper might be my favourite. Los Calientes Rojo is a close 2nd though.

Brain Burner would be alright if the heat didn't linger for way too long. :lol:

I forgot to include my hot peppers in my grocery order :facepalm: So I will likely order some of these. Im tapped out. Found some old Franks in the back of the fridge... hot sauce in name only :lol:

11 minutes ago, soon said:

I forgot to include my hot peppers in my grocery order :facepalm: So I will likely order some of these. Im tapped out. Found some old Franks in the back of the fridge... hot sauce in name only :lol:

There's a store-locator on Pepper North's website, but I don't know how often you're going to stores now... if you can find/order any of their sauces, I'd recommend trying them. The 2 types that I've tried (original and black cherry reaper) have a great balance of heat and flavour.

Franks is a great way to ruin a good meal. :lol:

• Thanks 1

On March 26, 2020 at 3:35 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

There's a store-locator on Pepper North's website, but I don't know how often you're going to stores now... if you can find/order any of their sauces, I'd recommend trying them. The 2 types that I've tried (original and black cherry reaper) have a great balance of heat and flavour.

Franks is a great way to ruin a good meal. :lol:

I never wanna see a bottle of Franks ever again :lol:

Did you see the Zach Efron Hot Ones? I couldnt get over that it was an actual episode of a show - like not from isolation, but full production. I found it surreal to see a normal show. And he dabbed every wing! 

I took your suggestions and ordered the original and black cherry reaper. :headbang:Thanks for the tip. I got a feeling the black cherry reaper will push my limits! I also got the salsa verde one, which isn't hot but I just love that flavour. 

On 29/03/2020 at 11:26 AM, spunko12345 said:

If I make it out of this thing alive I'm gonna try a latte 😎

I’ve got one of those coffee machines you stick the plastic pods in that make poof coffee. @DieselDaisy would love it as all the pods are single use plastic so I’m killing the planet one Macchiato at a time. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

On 2020-04-05 at 7:36 AM, soon said:

I never wanna see a bottle of Franks ever again :lol:

Did you see the Zach Efron Hot Ones? I couldnt get over that it was an actual episode of a show - like not from isolation, but full production. I found it surreal to see a normal show. And he dabbed every wing! 

I took your suggestions and ordered the original and black cherry reaper. :headbang:Thanks for the tip. I got a feeling the black cherry reaper will push my limits! I also got the salsa verde one, which isn't hot but I just love that flavour. 

Nice. The original sauce isn't too hot, but it's a good 'general use' hot sauce. Someone gave me a bag of prawns (and some salmon), so I used the black cherry reaper on those and it was really good.

I guess the last couple episodes of Hot Ones were filmed a while ago... the season finale (this week) is Justin Timberlake.

kvom6tooe1r41.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nice. The original sauce isn't too hot, but it's a good 'general use' hot sauce. Someone gave me a bag of prawns (and some salmon), so I used the black cherry reaper on those and it was really good.

I guess the last couple episodes of Hot Ones were filmed a while ago... the season finale (this week) is Justin Timberlake.

kvom6tooe1r41.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Oh good, I've enjoyed watching Timberlake cry on other tv shows as well. Always a good pick me up :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cooking several  different dinners to last 2-3 is something I am doing now because it makes it easier on me. I qm like, famiky it is cafeteria style. Pick and choose. I  have done take out from the deli and restaurants  for lunchs but is costly .

One of my regular grocery stores have started selling tuna. We love tuna but you usually have to buy it at expensive stores. It is not common in Norway. People don't eat it, and if they it it it is the canned version. Now this low-price budget grocery is selling fresh tuna meat. And they even had a "2-for-1" bargain. I literally bought everything they had. There's no more tuna there. I got it all.

Now I am going to make tuna tostadas.

On April 6, 2020 at 4:26 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Timberlake was pretty boss. No milk, no water.

My Pepper North order arrived. I nearly finished off the original and the verde in the first sitting - so tasty! And this black cherry reaper is delicious, you werent kidding how good it is! It kind of reminds me of plum sauce a bit so I had it with spring rolls. Flavourful enough that I can take quite a bit of it, too. Would love to try it with meringue or ice cream. Seafood like you did sounds great!

Anyways, I got my feathers up like peacock after handling that one, looking to go hotter than ever now...

On 2020-05-10 at 9:27 AM, soon said:

Timberlake was pretty boss. No milk, no water.

My Pepper North order arrived. I nearly finished off the original and the verde in the first sitting - so tasty! And this black cherry reaper is delicious, you werent kidding how good it is! It kind of reminds me of plum sauce a bit so I had it with spring rolls. Flavourful enough that I can take quite a bit of it, too. Would love to try it with meringue or ice cream. Seafood like you did sounds great!

Anyways, I got my feathers up like peacock after handling that one, looking to go hotter than ever now...

Yea the black cherry reaper sauce is really good, I could see it going well with spring rolls. The reaper flavour/heat comes through just enough that I can use a fair amount of it, but it's not overbearing.

If you haven't had Dawson's Sichuan Ghost Pepper sauce, give that a try. It's got a great flavour:heat ratio, like the Pepper North sauces, but it's probably a bit hotter than the black cherry reaper. (I don't know the exact scoville ratings, though). Angry Goat Pepper Co makes some great stuff, too. :headbang:

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chilaquiles Colimotes  - fry corn tortilla chips until golden then coat them with beaten egg, char some tomatoes on the grill and blend them to make a salsa, pour this over the egg and tortilla mix, allow the tortillas to absorb the salsa and become one big eggy, tomatoey, tortilla-y mess of deliciousness. Should really have sour cream and frijoles refritos, but I didn't have those.

99251160_737542220321234_466166167806305

3 hours ago, Graeme said:

Chilaquiles Colimotes  - fry corn tortilla chips until golden then coat them with beaten egg, char some tomatoes on the grill and blend them to make a salsa, pour this over the egg and tortilla mix, allow the tortillas to absorb the salsa and become one big eggy, tomatoey, tortilla-y mess of deliciousness. Should really have sour cream and frijoles refritos, but I didn't have those.

99251160_737542220321234_466166167806305

Hope it tastes better than it looks! Looks like someone has decorated something my dog have regurgitated with avocado slices. "Avocado on a bed of dog barf". Now say that in French.

Edited by SoulMonster

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Hope it tastes better than it looks! Looks like someone has decorated something my dog have regurgitated with avocado slices. "Avocado on a bed of dog barf". Now say that in French.

Wow... :lol: :(.