the eating stuff thread

wasted

I farted and it smelled like KFC!

This is great news because I grow a herb called winter savoury solely because I read online that it was one of the secret herbs and spices in KFC. I ate some winter savoury yesterday. My fart confirms it to be a key ingredient! 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Steak sandwich with a layer of this stuff.

jpeg

Fuck yeah! 

I ended up ordering more of that instead of trying something new. Its delicious. Im not sure Im to a point where I can describe using a "Layer" of it though :headbang:

Side note, Action Bronson recent appearance on Hot Ones was something - he trimmed up the beard and lost 100lbs during lockdown. He ate grilled chicken breast in place of wings.

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Fuck yeah! 

I ended up ordering more of that instead of trying something new. Its delicious. Im not sure Im to a point where I can describe using a "Layer" of it though :headbang:

Side note, Action Bronson recent appearance on Hot Ones was something - he trimmed up the beard and lost 100lbs during lockdown. He ate grilled chicken breast in place of wings.

Yea I've gone through a couple bottles of it now. It's kind of become my 'everything' hot sauce lol.

I'm making pulled pork today with about 2 tbsp of the Last Dab, and some of this mixed into the bbq sauce/ketchup. I've got it down to pretty much the perfect level of heat/flavour, so even my friends who don't really like spice still enjoy it.

Haven't watched the Action Bronson episode yet. I think popcorn chicken would an interesting way to do it, you'd have to use a fork or something but you could dip the whole thing and get the same amount of chicken/sauce at every stage of the interview.

18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea I've gone through a couple bottles of it now. It's kind of become my 'everything' hot sauce lol.

I'm making pulled pork today with about 2 tbsp of the Last Dab, and some of this mixed into the bbq sauce/ketchup. I've got it down to pretty much the perfect level of heat/flavour, so even my friends who don't really like spice still enjoy it.

Haven't watched the Action Bronson episode yet. I think popcorn chicken would an interesting way to do it, you'd have to use a fork or something but you could dip the whole thing and get the same amount of chicken/sauce at every stage of the interview.

Right on, yeah I think Ill be sticking with it too. And by everything we mean like, including on our Rice Crsipys lol

That prickly pear scorpion sounds nice! Might have to add that to my list. You can tame the last Dab and scorpion, thats requires a steady hand.

Ive hardly been cooking since the heat arrived. I just feel like picking at some salsa and chips. But I do of course add hot sauce to the salsa... and also to the yogurt that I use in place of sour cream :D Less hot is still a cool down lol

Love your idea for popcorn chicken! People have been flat out skimping and cheating in some of the remotely conducted episodes!! 

19 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Has anyone tried any exceptionally good hummus lately? 

I eat it several days a week, but accessing anything beyond the basics isn't easy for us at the moment. Just looking for flavour ideas. 

I like the Yarden branded stuff. There's one with nuts in which is awesome. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Has anyone tried any exceptionally good hummus lately? 

I eat it several days a week, but accessing anything beyond the basics isn't easy for us at the moment. Just looking for flavour ideas. 

In this thread lately the answer to everything is 'add hot sauce' :headbang:I cant recall if I know your take on hot sauce though.

I dont really have much humus game. My go to is the trusty old roasted red pepper humus topped with chopped nuts - likely boring to a hummus fan. I add a squeeze of lime. 

I know people will sometimes swap out the beans. Ive eaten one recently made with some sort of white bean and it was much denser but the change up in flavour was nice. Was delicious on crackers, but I couldn't dip veggies in it successfully.

8 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Andy Capp's Hot Fries. Haven't had these in years but they are even more addicting than i remember.

Dont know that brand. I figure they are with hot seasoning on them? If so I love curly fries with spicy seasoning! Havent had them in too long! 

Edited by soon
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I found a coral tooth fungus on one of my latest hikes! It is very rare here where I live. Only the second observation in this part of the country. If I have time I will go back and take some photos with a better camera. It is supposedly edible and good, but I will let it stand.

Meh, take a bite...what's the worst that can happen?

Spoiler

MRW adding magic mushrooms to my Krabby Patty. - GIF on Imgur

:P

j/k

I just googled a pic of it.  Very pretty and unique looking fungus, indeed.

• Haha 1

Since moving into my own place, I've been eating like a king. I used to scam Ubereats and Doordash to get 3-4 free fast food meals a week, but now with my own kitchen I'm cooking like never before. I made some Asian sticky pork ribs (chili, ginger, garlic, soy, honey, star anise, sherry, and szechuan peppercorn and brought them out to my neighbor's Jenga night that I've been putting off for weeks out of social anxiety. They fucking killed. Everyone liked them so much that my one neighbor wants to give me a ton of ribs to make that way for his Labor Day cookout. What a success of a night

Today I made szechuan chicken thighs (similar recipe) with sweet and sour peppers and I also pickled some asparagus (vinegar, dill, lemon, salt...old bay!). The flavor on them is great, but the asparagus lost its crunch. I think they were just too thin to begin with.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

Got a Fiery Kitty hot sauce based on the cool label. Its mild and sweet. Its very reminiscent of ketchup and thats how Ill use it. I like the effect of blending dried powder with fresh peppers. 

White vinegar, apples, Jalapeño, garlic, dried chilli powder, salt

meowthatshot.ca 

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Blue fin tuna, local catch. 

20200912.jpg

Yummy!! 

Enjoy. Are they sustainable again now? There was a time the Japanese trawlers were really kicking their arse.

I've made chilli tonight. Minced beef, chopped red peppers and onion red kidney beans and a tin of chopped tomatoes with some chilli powder. 

Served with some rice and loads of Doritos 😎

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Enjoy. Are they sustainable again now? There was a time the Japanese trawlers were really kicking their arse.

I've made chilli tonight. Minced beef, chopped red peppers and onion red kidney beans and a tin of chopped tomatoes with some chilli powder. 

Served with some rice and loads of Doritos 😎

Yes, sustainable fishing, just off the coast here. Tuna fishing has just started up again with increasing stocks. I think there are only two boats with a permit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, sustainable fishing, just off the coast here. Tuna fishing has just started up again with increasing stocks. I think there are only two boats with a permit. 

Is one from Northumberland? :lol: