Appetite for Destruction - Isolated Vocals/Bass/Drums: 5.1 Mix Center Channel

5 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Shit, misssed the bonus tracks.

But it sounds cool as fuck! now we can compare his 80's vocals with his late 90's.

I've been saying already for a week or so - the AFD tracks are nice, but the three bonus tracks from Lies are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

I have the locked n loaded and I purchased the super deluxe so I could leave the one in the box sealed and have listened to it all how do seperate the tracks on the blue ray?????

just mute the other channels.

16 hours ago, Frohan said:

Hey everyone, just uploaded this for you all. Contains dry vocals/bass/drums - almost sounds like there's no reverb in this channel? Pretty cool:

I don't want to spam the forum too much more in the case that I upload the other channels from this mix, but I'll probably post replies to this thread if I do. Cheers :slash:

How can we get these again? lol

16 hours ago, Frohan said:

Hey everyone, just uploaded this for you all. Contains dry vocals/bass/drums - almost sounds like there's no reverb in this channel? Pretty cool:

I don't want to spam the forum too much more in the case that I upload the other channels from this mix, but I'll probably post replies to this thread if I do. Cheers :slash:

How can we get these again? lol

On 15/07/2018 at 11:20 PM, Ant said:

Is this going to pop back up somewhere? I went to bed after listening to half and I need the rest for guitar practice!

Rips of the whole Blu Ray with the 6 channels are easy to find "out there".

So yeah there isn't an ONLY Izzy channel but there's one there's one that is basically only him for the rhythm and another for Slash.

You could always listen to the left or right stereo channel to isolate Izzy or Slash but this is way better! For guitarist purposes anyway :D

Edited by Ant

waveforms of all tracks from the Blu-ray: 

how to get the tracks for your use? easy, this is a simplified guide for Windows. this is by no means the best or easiest way, just one of the possible ways.

1. extract Blu-ray with MakeMKV. in Settings, enable Expert mode, Advanced settings appear, switch to FLAC there.

depending on what files you use, either right away open Blu-ray disc, or (if you already ripped the disc), open "index.bdmv". it loads the disc with all the chapters and stuff.

in the left pane, only select the two Titles with "13 chapters" and "6 chapters", deselect all the other Titles. by each of those two, only select "DTS-MA" Audio tracks, nothing else (or you could opt for TrueHD track - the result would be exactly the same, as both DTS-MA and TrueHD contain losslessly compressed LPCM sound)

(for some reason, each Title has one more empty chapter in the end, so really it is only 12 AFD chapters and 5 bonus chapters)

in the right pane, make sure FLAC is selected, and click Make MKV. you'll receive TWO MKV files, both with proper chapters and 6-channel FLAC audio.

2. I use Foobar2000 to play audio, but it also can easily convert stuff. make sure you install it with Conversion capabilities (I'm not sure if it can convert in the lightweight installation). 

you'll also need flac.exe encoder, or just install the Free Encoder Pack for Foobar2000.

add one of the MKVs in Foobar2000 playlist. it won't play the video, but it can "unpack" the chapters from the MKV. you'll now get all the tracks.

select all of them, right click, click Properties, Tools, Auto Track Number, confirm. (this step is neccessary, because all the tracks now have the same name and would overwrite each other during the extraction)

select all of them again, right click, in Convert menu select "..." (three dots). make sure Output Format is set to FLAC and Output Depth is 24bit, no dithering. click Back.

now click Destination, select "Convert each track to individual file", name format will be for example %track%

fire up the conversion. you'll get 6-channel FLACs for each AFD song. repeat the process with the other MKV.

you can delete the Track 13 from AFD and Track 6 from Bonus tracks, they are empty. you can also delete both MKVs.

3. if you also want separated channels from the multichannel FLAC, use for example Audiomuxer.

go to Tools menu, Audio Convert. click Select Audio and load all your multichan FLACs there.

use Mono WAV to separate channels. you'll end up with separate channel WAVs.

you can again use Foobar2000 to convert the WAVs to FLAC, just load them all into Foobar2000 playlist, select all, right click them, Convert, and just use "last used".

you're done :) you now have both 6-channel FLACs for each song, and separated tracks from each of them.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2018 at 5:00 AM, ludurigan said:

no it doesnt!

I think it does! Hahaha it is a matter of opinion. The reverb isn't as bad as a Poison album, but it sounds closer to a Poison album than the bone dry raw production of In Utero, which sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday,

On 15/07/2018 at 12:30 AM, downliner said:

Any chance you could post the isolated Izzy guitar too? No idea how you rip these, very cool though thanks :headbang:

You can use audacity to almost isolate Izzy's guitars, remove the center channel and mute the right channel, but he isn't 100% isolated because of the drums.

Edited by sousadias

On 7/18/2018 at 7:08 AM, zombux said:

waveforms of all tracks from the Blu-ray: 

how to get the tracks for your use? easy, this is a simplified guide for Windows. this is by no means the best or easiest way, just one of the possible ways.

1. extract Blu-ray with MakeMKV. in Settings, enable Expert mode, Advanced settings appear, switch to FLAC there.

depending on what files you use, either right away open Blu-ray disc, or (if you already ripped the disc), open "index.bdmv". it loads the disc with all the chapters and stuff.

in the left pane, only select the two Titles with "13 chapters" and "6 chapters", deselect all the other Titles. by each of those two, only select "DTS-MA" Audio tracks, nothing else (or you could opt for TrueHD track - the result would be exactly the same, as both DTS-MA and TrueHD contain losslessly compressed LPCM sound)

(for some reason, each Title has one more empty chapter in the end, so really it is only 12 AFD chapters and 5 bonus chapters)

in the right pane, make sure FLAC is selected, and click Make MKV. you'll receive TWO MKV files, both with proper chapters and 6-channel FLAC audio.

2. I use Foobar2000 to play audio, but it also can easily convert stuff. make sure you install it with Conversion capabilities (I'm not sure if it can convert in the lightweight installation). 

you'll also need flac.exe encoder, or just install the Free Encoder Pack for Foobar2000.

add one of the MKVs in Foobar2000 playlist. it won't play the video, but it can "unpack" the chapters from the MKV. you'll now get all the tracks.

select all of them, right click, click Properties, Tools, Auto Track Number, confirm. (this step is neccessary, because all the tracks now have the same name and would overwrite each other during the extraction)

select all of them again, right click, in Convert menu select "..." (three dots). make sure Output Format is set to FLAC and Output Depth is 24bit, no dithering. click Back.

now click Destination, select "Convert each track to individual file", name format will be for example %track%

fire up the conversion. you'll get 6-channel FLACs for each AFD song. repeat the process with the other MKV.

you can delete the Track 13 from AFD and Track 6 from Bonus tracks, they are empty. you can also delete both MKVs.

3. if you also want separated channels from the multichannel FLAC, use for example Audiomuxer.

go to Tools menu, Audio Convert. click Select Audio and load all your multichan FLACs there.

use Mono WAV to separate channels. you'll end up with separate channel WAVs.

you can again use Foobar2000 to convert the WAVs to FLAC, just load them all into Foobar2000 playlist, select all, right click them, Convert, and just use "last used".

you're done :) you now have both 6-channel FLACs for each song, and separated tracks from each of them.

Thank you for this!