What is your least favorite 2018 buzzword/phrase?

DeadSlash

The words you have just plain had enough of already.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite buzz word/phrase of 2018?

• Fake news
    • Nazi
    • Snowflake
    • Fascist
    • Speak truth to power
    • Dog whistle
    • #metoo
    • Triggered
    • Libertard
    • Trumptard
    • Russian collusion
    • Russia hoax
    • Dreamers
    • Social Media Influencer
    • Sources "with knowledge of the situation"
    • Toxic Masculinity
    • Dick Pic
    • Safe Space
    • Woke

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2019 at 04:59 AM

Just now, spunko12345 said:

I get mine online.

Graemes blatantly out for one but he can't let on or his 21st Century Scottish softie act'll be gone up the pictures so he's tryna low key it like 'out of curiosity, where on EARTH would one get a nazi shirt...' stopping himself before he says 'cuz I've tried the army surplus store and all I got for my troubles was an MI5 wiretap' :lol: 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Len Cnut I had the Destroy t shirt in my yoof, my mate had one with 2 cowboys showing their willies, he got nicked for it!! Apparently cowboys with willies are more offensive than the Destroy with a swastika on

The willy shirt is super famous!  Rotten, Jonesey, they all wore that one tons.  Rotten is wearing that one at Randys Rodeo (probably the worst place to wear it :lol:)

I used to have that shirt too, though mine weren't pink.  Someone should bung me on a Tommy Robinson interview, paki muslim wore Sex Pistols cowboy nob shirt :lol:   To be fair the times have levelled out, the Nazi shirt i mentioned (though your Destroy one is readily available so perhaps I'm talking bollocks) is still available but don't you dare wear the one Sidney had.  Wish I knew you before now, it would've been so consolatory, I used to get the shit beaten out of me :lol:  The worst bit was they used to do it shouting 'you fuckin' dirty metaller!' :lol:  Metaller, excuse me?!? :lol:  If you're gonna do me in at least get the genre right.  I guess in South Oxhey its all the same, I'm sure you know where South Oxhey is! 

Edited by Len Cnut

@Len Cnut I’d not wear those tees these days, I’d look like a right daft old bag 😂 I’m grateful for being able to have those memories of the Punk scene ( in WGC 😂) 

i remember we’d collect tokens from cereal boxes to get cheap train tickets then spend the day posing down the Kings Rd, good times 

• Like 1

Ooooh how should I even decide? I've SO had enough of most of them. It's so annoying hearing people say them and feeling cool because they can say English words that seem politically smart to them.

I voted for toxic masculinity. It's so ridiculous. It managed to get my vote although I haven't even heard it once from a person who wasn't joking, aside from the internet of course.

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Len Cnut I’d not wear those tees these days, I’d look like a right daft old bag 😂 I’m grateful for being able to have those memories of the Punk scene ( in WGC 😂) 

i remember we’d collect tokens from cereal boxes to get cheap train tickets then spend the day posing down the Kings Rd, good times 

Did you ever get into any postcard shots? :lol:  My old man used to chin me for dressing like I did :lol:  I guess I was a decade behind in the times, I first got Anarchy in the UK of a bargain bin compilation in ASDA for 99p, it was the best of punk and Anarchy was the first track and I was never the same again.

BTW those Persil tickets were for football fans, not you, you scamming little mare :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Did you ever get into any postcard shots? :lol:  My old man used to chin me for dressing like I did :lol:  I guess I was a decade behind in the times, I first Anarchy in the UK of a bargain bin compilation in ASDA for 99p, it was the best of punk and Anarchy was the first track and I was never the same again.

BTW those Persil tickets were for football fans, not you, you scamming little mare :lol: 

No postcard shots, tons of Japanese tourists photos though😀 

Just now, janrichmond said:

Lol, l was just an annoying little bugger who had cool mates, I was the baby of the gang

You're lucky, I got dropped by my old man and then got to school and got dropped again :lol:  I wouldnt've minded the school bit but the other bit hurt a fuckload, there's nothing like gettin' banged out and having your head bounce off the skirting board to make you reconsider your sartorial options :lol: 

• Like 1

Only half related, when I was in Highschool,  can't remember if it was 1991 or 92, we had some exchange students from Germany, there were 5 of them, and 2 had Nazi tats, and one had a Nazi necklace.  It was a big thing, because our school was half Jewish.  They claimed it had a completely different meaning in Germany, pleaded ignorance.  We didn't have the internet back then, and one of our teachers backed up their story.  Still don't think it's true.  I had heard that the Nazi's and the war were pretty taboo in Germany, but they couldn't have been ignorant to what it meant, could they?  A lot of Euro peeps here, anyone know?   

22 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Only half related, when I was in Highschool,  can't remember if it was 1991 or 92, we had some exchange students from Germany, there were 5 of them, and 2 had Nazi tats, and one had a Nazi necklace.  It was a big thing, because our school was half Jewish.  They claimed it had a completely different meaning in Germany, pleaded ignorance.  We didn't have the internet back then, and one of our teachers backed up their story.  Still don't think it's true.  I had heard that the Nazi's and the war were pretty taboo in Germany, but they couldn't have been ignorant to what it meant, could they?  A lot of Euro peeps here, anyone know?   

No, they couldn't have been ignorant. Neo-nazis or just kids wanting to provoke, surely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

Use of the swastika or hakenkreuz as it is known is prohibited in Germany along with other Nazi iconography in accordance with post-war denazification - they used to alter the Kiss logo on vinyl because it resembled the SS runic logo. Only use for historical purposes is allowed. Even Neonazis use imperial flags rather than the Nazi flag (for risk of persecution).

I'd suggest those exchange students therefore were fairly hardcore Nazis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

I'm not from Germany and I've never been there, but I guess I still know that it's definitely not like that, at least not in most areas.

As far as I know Germans tried to get over it and deal with their past, also getting blamed for everything by other countries that were on their side during the war. The hakenkreuz, saying "heil Hitler" and similar stuff are even forbidden. I don't know what exactly it's like in Germany, but here in Austria sometimes license plates are being replaced because they have "HH" or "88" on it. And yes, our car has "88" on it :smiley-confused2:  (it's not a vanity plate haha, they're pretty expensive)

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

they used to alter the Kiss logo

Oh, there was quite some drama about that, and there sometimes still is, but I think they've more or less gotten over it. I don't see any of those altered logos around anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dusty Bone said:

I'm not from Germany and I've never been there, but I guess I still know that it's definitely not like that, at least not in most areas.

As far as I know Germans tried to get over it and deal with their past, also getting blamed for everything by other countries that were on their side during the war. The hakenkreuz, saying "heil Hitler" and similar stuff are even forbidden. I don't know what exactly it's like in Germany, but here in Austria sometimes license plates are being replaced because they have "HH" or "88" on it. And yes, our car has "88" on it :smiley-confused2:  (it's not a vanity plate haha, they're pretty expensive)

Oh, there was quite some drama about that, and there sometimes still is, but I think they've more or less gotten over it. I don't see any of those altered logos around anymore.

Germany used to produce a lot of albums for Europe so inevitably a few would end up in Britain. I have Ace Frehley's solo album on vinyl with altered logo.

PS

Waits for the barrage of piss pulling, me owning a Kiss album (if it is any help, I own Nevermind the Bollocks on vinyl also Len).

Edited by DieselDaisy