What did Bob Dylan think of the version of Knocking on Heaven's Door?

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Considering oasis intro to the song"dont look back in anger" has the same sound as john lennons "imagine " does johns danily get any oasis royalties for that song?.

Think they paid up to T-Rex for ripping off a riff on 'Cigarettes & Alcohol' taken from 'Get It On'. 

On 5/4/2019 at 5:57 PM, lame ass security said:

That's true, street fighting is an art no doubt.  Man, I just wish Axl and Vince Neil could've had their fight, at least it would've been entertaining. 

It's never too late. Much more entertaining now too :D 

• Haha 1

On 2019-05-05 at 8:05 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Considering oasis intro to the song"dont look back in anger" has the same sound as john lennons "imagine " does johns danily get any oasis royalties for that song?.

Apparent tribute/ripoff (depending how you see it). Not enough bars of "imagine" to make a basis for a lawsuit though. 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, Len Cnut said:

Elvis never wrote a tune either, he was still the bollocks, Rog’ Daltrey wrote next to fuck all for The Who, singers job is singing, writing ain’t a prerequisite, quite frankly Axl ain’t no great shakes at writing either.

but... Axl wrote November Rain and Estranged. He can write a sweet ass ballad at the very least. also wrote the chorus to Rocket Queen if I remember correctly. Axl is not just a singer. Also wrote One In A Million on an instrument he has no real approach to on one or two strings so not like all the singers you've mentioned imo.

47 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but... Axl wrote November Rain and Estranged. He can write a sweet ass ballad at the very least. also wrote the chorus to Rocket Queen if I remember correctly. Axl is not just a singer. Also wrote One In A Million on an instrument he has no real approach to on one or two strings so not like all the singers you've mentioned imo.

Like I said, no great shakes.  Good, at his best very good even but I wouldn’t say he’s the dogs bollocks at writing/composing and I don’t think he needs to be either.  Rog’ Daltrey contributed to the writing of some Who stuff and Elvis, well, he pisses all over Axl full stop, he could’ve written all of Appetite on his own off the top of his head on the back of a pizza box and he still wouldn’t approach Elvis.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Like I said, no great shakes.  Good, at his best very good even but I wouldn’t say he’s the dogs bollocks at writing/composing and I don’t think he needs to be either.  Rog’ Daltrey contributed to the writing of some Who stuff and Elvis, well, he pisses all over Axl full stop, he could’ve written all of Appetite on his own off the top of his head on the back of a pizza box and he still wouldn’t approach Elvis.

of course he wouldn't approach Elvis. It's Elvis lol. but I'd say it's not just about the tunes it's coming up with brilliant vocal melodies too. I get what you're saying though. personally I think he came up with enough ideas to be considered a great musician beyond just a singer and Roger didn't contribute as much to the who like Axl did to Guns and something tells me The Who would have been still great without his contributions and that something is my penis.

30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I always thought roger was to much of a pretty boy to be a member of tthe who. He should have been a solo singer, and i never worked out what he brought to the band apart from vocals. The who to me will also represent moonie, townsend, and entwistle.

On 2019-05-04 at 3:51 PM, donny said:

GNR version of KOHD in the 80's was bad ass, better than the original.

even then uncle Ax wanted a bit of a sing along sometimes.

from the UYI tour to the present day KOHD has been nothing more than a half time interval for me, i take a piss and grab another pint during that long drawn out rubbish. 

They should go back to the 2002 version of KOHD. It wasn't as 'rocking' as the 80's version but IMO it was the best version overall - no singalong, just do the chorus twice after the solo and end the song before it gets much longer than 5 mins.

I think the shortest, and therefore the best, version of KOHD on the NITL tour was the first night in Vegas. It was 'only' about 8~ minutes I think... I hate when they stretch it out to 10+ minutes.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I always thought roger was to much of a pretty boy to be a member of tthe who. He should have been a solo singer, and i never worked out what he brought to the band apart from vocals. The who to me will also represent moonie, townsend, and entwistle.

Its funny you should say that, I remember seeing a thing on TV once where they were talking about Rog’ as one of the ugliest rock stars ever, I’ve never heard him called a pretty boy.  To me all four of em are The Who, I don’t have much truck with this notion of chopping members out after the fact or lessening their importance, fact is it took the four of em, quantifying who was more or less important after that is just silliness because we don’t know the inner mechanics, he who we might consider to be musically less important might’ve held em together in other ways.  I mean fuck me there wouldn’t’ve been much to em without a singer, would there? The Who to me is The Who and The Who was the four of em.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its funny you should say that, I remember seeing a thing on TV once where they were talking about Rog’ as one of the ugliest rock stars ever, I’ve never heard him called a pretty boy.  To me all four of em are The Who, I don’t have much truck with this notion of chopping members out after the fact or lessening their importance, fact is it took the four of em, quantifying who was more or less important after that is just silliness because we don’t know the inner mechanics, he who we might consider to be musically less important might’ve held em together in other ways.  I mean fuck me there wouldn’t’ve been much to em without a singer, would there? The Who to me is The Who and The Who was the four of em.

Roger was the perfect singer in The Who. Without him, it would have been something different. He brought a certain energy to the group plus his charisma and epic voice. Also, he was pretty violent, could punch a dude no problem and he would do it often. Not that there's anything right with violence. but he was no joke for his size.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

apart from vocals

Those are gigantic vocals. I couldn't imagine say ''Love Reign Ov'er Me'' without his vocals and that is just to pick one from many. He was just as important as anyone in that band. He also is one of the ''great frontmen'', becoming every bit the poodle-haired/bare-chested rock god from Tommy period onwards.