Marvel fatigue anyone

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Ragnarok was a nice balance. The first two Thor films were too serious, whereas the newest one was too silly.

The first Thor was great, second was meh, Ragnarok was amazing and Love and Thunder is worse than AIDS. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

My friend wants me to come see gotg3 with them next weekend, so I’ll go just to not be a dick. Hopefully it’s good. I’ve heard mixed-to-positive things so far.

It's A-tier Marvel. Go. Best thing they have released since before the pandemic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I saw it. Damn, you weren’t kidding…

Yeah, man. It was so good! I’m pretty sure The Marvels is gonna have a huge drop in quality, though. Still pretty pessimistic about future releases 😕

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

Yeah, man. It was so good! I’m pretty sure The Marvels is gonna have a huge drop in quality, though. Still pretty pessimistic about future releases 😕

I actually enjoyed the trailer for that one, and didn’t hate the first one as much as everyone else, but I know I’m in the minority there.

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I actually enjoyed the trailer for that one, and didn’t hate the first one as much as everyone else, but I know I’m in the minority there.

Thing is - this Guardians movie showed just how plastic and how shallow these last Marvel movies have been. Especially Ant-Man and Thor. God, especially Thor. Spiderman was great but the fact that that it was mostly fan service that made it great felt a bit like cheating to me. Black Panther was pretty good but not anywhere near the level of the first Black Panther, IMO, and I don't get all the hype for Shang-Chi. The rest of the movies were mostly shit. So yeah, considering I didn't like Captain Marvel 1 at all, and I didn't like Ms.Marvel, I'm really pessimistic about The Marvels. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Thing is - this Guardians movie showed just how plastic and how shallow these last Marvel movies have been. Especially Ant-Man and Thor. God, especially Thor. Spiderman was great but the fact that that it was mostly fan service that made it great felt a bit like cheating to me. Black Panther was pretty good but not anywhere near the level of the first Black Panther, IMO, and I don't get all the hype for Shang-Chi. The rest of the movies were mostly shit. So yeah, considering I didn't like Captain Marvel 1 at all, and I didn't like Ms.Marvel, I'm really pessimistic about The Marvels. 

Spiderman was enjoyable but not great imho. Ant Man 3 wasn't so bad, but was kinda shallow. Thor was a complete dud. Honestly, I thought Shang-Chi was boring as shit. 

Multiverse Of Madness was ok, I think my favorite Marvel made thing was Loki recently, Wanda Vision was pretty cool. Excited about GOTG3. Ms. Marvel was kinda boring as well imo and I quite liked Hawkeye.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Spiderman was enjoyable but not great imho. Ant Man 3 wasn't so bad, but was kinda shallow. Thor was a complete dud. Honestly, I thought Shang-Chi was boring as shit. 

Multiverse Of Madness was ok, I think my favorite Marvel made thing was Loki recently, Wanda Vision was pretty cool. Excited about GOTG3. Ms. Marvel was kinda boring as well imo and I quite liked Hawkeye.

Ranking the latest Movies and shows, I'd go like:

S Tier: Guardians 3, Wandavision, Moonknight

A Tier: Spiderman NWH, Loki

B Tier: Wakanda Forever

C Tier: Shang Chi, Hawkeye, Falcon and the Winder Soldier, Multiverse of Madness

D Tier: She-Hulk, Quantumania

E Tier: Black Widow

F Tier: What If, Eternals, Thor Love & Thunder

1 minute ago, Cosmo said:

Ranking the latest Movies and shows, I'd go like:

S Tier: Guardians 3, Wandavision, Moonknight

A Tier: Spiderman NWH, Loki

B Tier: Wakanda Forever

C Tier: Shang Chi, Hawkeye, Falcon and the Winder Soldier, Multiverse of Madness

D Tier: She-Hulk, Quantumania

E Tier: Black Widow

F Tier: What If, Eternals, Thor Love & Thunder

cool list. Even more hyped for GOTG 3 now. I liked Moon Knight as well. I thought Falcon and the Winter Soldier was mostly lame. Didn't watch She-Hulk. Black Widow was pretty bad, but I liked Florence Puge in it.

Wakanda Forever didn't translate well at all to the big screen with that man with the tiny wings on its feet and the main character (the real Black Panther sister or whatever) is just not charismatic enough to sell it as a main character imo.

in every attempt to watch the Eternals I fell asleep during the movie.

• Like 2

Saw Guardians.   It’s not the best, when it was good it was bloody good, but when it was bad, it was really bad.  So very mixed.  It’s still better than the crud we have been getting though.  

I've fallen behind since Endgame (The MCU peaked then imo) and I don't have Disney+. 

I made a point to see Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy at a cinema since then. They're my favourites.

Unfortunately I spoiled Spider-Man No Way Home for myself through social media. I wish I could take that back.

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 as soon as I could to avoid spoilers and although I found it jarring at times I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to buying the soundtrack.

My friends and I would see MCU films together from Iron Man to Endgame but not so much lately which is understandable.

I miss those days sometimes.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Loki season 2 is actually pretty damn good (tho I think that mostly has to do with the fact that they changed writers in between seasons).

I havent watched the latest episode yet but so far for me its a mixed bag. Had a good first episode, a terrible second episode and a really fun third one. Almost gave up watching after the second though 😂

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I havent watched the latest episode yet but so far for me its a mixed bag. Had a good first episode, a terrible second episode and a really fun third one. Almost gave up watching after the second though 😂

The second episode fell pretty flat, yeah, but the fourth episode is very solid.