Magnitude 6.4 earthquake hits California

BlueJean Baby

142amoh.jpg

6.4-Magnitude Earthquake Rattles Southern California

•  
  • July 4, 2019

A 6.4-magnitude earthquake hit a remote area of Southern California on Thursday, the most powerful tremor to shake that region in many years, according to media reports and the United States Geological Survey.

It was not immediately clear whether anyone was injured in the quake, which struck the Los Angeles area shortly after 1 p.m. EST. Its epicenter was located in the desert about 20 miles east of Indian Wells, Calif., far away from major population centers, said Paul Caruso, a geophysicist with the United States Geological Survey.

“It’s been widely felt, but we don’t expect any significant damage,” he said.

He emphasized that the temblor would have been far worse if it had been closer to Los Angeles.

“An earthquake that strong that occurred near a city would cause major destruction and probably a lot of casualties,” he said.

Really happy that it appears people are okay. I have felt just the mildest of tremors before and it was quite unnerving. I cant begin to imagine what 6.4 would be like!

I know people in Fresno, will have to drop a line.

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I'm sure there recording of Chinese Democracy part 2 and Part 3 are just as safe as they where 20 years ago. No worries.

Fuck me, I just realized that had the label accepted all three albums at once, those masters would have been burned down in the Universal fire that destroyed all those Master Recordings! Great news for us!!!

1 minute ago, soon said:

Fuck me, I just realized that had the label accepted all three albums at once, those masters would have been burned down in the Universal fire that destroyed all those Master Recordings! Great news for us!!!

You know some of these tracks are over 20 years old. I was going to make a thread wishing it a cynical happy 20th anniversary to songs we never heard in November the supposed anniversary of Brian May doing his bit, but some of this is supposedly older. 

Atlas Shrugged/Silkworms was on one of CDs of leaks given to Classic Rock and Mick Wall over a decade ago and we still never heard them.

...And people honestly think there's a chance Axl will record a new album with Duff and Slash? 

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

You know some of these tracks are over 20 years old. I was going to make a thread wishing it a cynical happy 20th anniversary to songs we never heard in November the supposed anniversary of Brian May doing his bit, but some of this is supposedly older. 

Atlas Shrugged/Silkworms was on one of CDs of leaks given to Classic Rock and Mick Wall over a decade ago and we still never heard them.

...And people honestly think there's a chance Axl will record a new album with Duff and Slash? 

I must admit to being as cynical as any. But I'll take 'they werent destroyed in a fire" as a sign of hope :lol:

I didnt actually know that Atlas Shrugged made its way to a media outlet!!?? 

Yeah, everyone but Slash seems confident about it!

Its a sad tale indeed.

15 minutes ago, soon said:

I must admit to being as cynical as any. But I'll take 'they werent destroyed in a fire" as a sign of hope :lol:

I didnt actually know that Atlas Shrugged made its way to a media outlet!!?? 

Yeah I think Mick Wall talked about it in his book (most of the book is him attacking Axl), but it's been years, maybe it was a blog of his from yester year.

Classic Rock said they heard it yes. They done an article about before the album came out and mentioned it, there was also a guy at gnrevo that wrote some stuff for them and they ended up doing an email q/a. Long time ago, but yes.

It was supposed to be good.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Thanks 1

then there was another one at 7.1 a few hours after that one.

Has to be major scary to feel the earth moving all around you. Never experienced and hope I never do.

Glad no one was killed.

It's been one hell of a year with the bad storms and flooding and now an earthquake. I think the earth is trying to tell us to respect it more or else!

18 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Won't be long before California secedes from the USA, declares everything is free and falls off into the ocean. Thank you Mother Earth!

If this ever happens, the whole US would be effected by it. I can't imagine how horrible it would be for all of us.

On 07/07/2019 at 9:28 AM, 31illusions said:

Won't be long before California secedes from the USA, declares everything is free and falls off into the ocean. Thank you Mother Earth!

Well the plus is that there are certain hollywood types and hollywood peopl e we would never hear from again.

ellen degeneres

Oprah winfrey

Kanye west

The kadishians.

Sharon osborne.

Coachella selfie millenials

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1