Rough Mixes CD #2 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This disc is basically a lost Buckethead album.... AND I FUCKING LOVE IT!  :bucket:

He should release those riffs in a similar way as Slash released "It's Five O' Clock Somewhere". 

Cannot believe, yet I still can, that Sorry and ITW are near identical to the album versions

In 2001 he had near complete versions of IRS, The Blues, Madagascar, Prostitute, Better, Catcher, TWAT, Sorry, ITW, and Riad. 10 out of 14 songs were essentially ready to go and it came out 8 fucking years later.

Not to mention Quicksong, Perhaps, Hardschool, Atlas, Zodiac, Prom Violence, State of Grace, among others were pretty much there along with a handful of very competent ideas. With a little bit of confidence and effort he could have easily put out 3 albums between 2001-2006

Fuck its depressing

I also seem to be in the minority but I prefer Bumble's Shackler's solo and the final product. However, Bucket's work on these 20 discs is absolutely awesome. I initially thought there was zero Bucket on the discs and he is all over them! What a missed opportunity on Axl

Edit-  forgot chinese. He had 11 songs

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Cannot believe, yet I still can, that Sorry and ITW are near identical to the album versions

In 2001 he had near complete versions of IRS, The Blues, Madagascar, Prostitute, Better, Catcher, TWAT, Sorry, ITW, and Riad. 10 out of 14 songs were essentially ready to go and it came out 8 fucking years later.

Not to mention Quicksong, Perhaps, Hardschool, Atlas, Zodiac, Prom Violence, State of Grace, among others were pretty much there along with a handful of very competent ideas. With a little bit of confidence and effort he could have easily put out 3 albums between 2001-2006

Fuck its depressing

I also seem to be in the minority but I prefer Bumble's Shackler's solo and the final product. However, Bucket's work on these 20 discs is absolutely awesome. I initially thought there was zero Bucket on the discs and he is all over them! What a missed opportunity on Axl

It now makes sense why the band was on tour in 2002 because the album was essentially completed. Something must have have to shelve the album, cancel the tour, and drive out Buckethead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I prefer the final Shackler's as well, but yeah it's nice to see raw, unfiltered Bucket!

5 minutes ago, Gackt said:
  • Shanklers Revenge-  Buckethead likely listened to Shackler's on the album and thought to himself "Look how they've slaughtered my boy"

Perfect review!

My thoughts exactly.

6 minutes ago, Gackt said:
  • I'm Sorry-  Nice and heavy.  Pretty close to the album version.

Close but no cigar.

More butchery.

This version is way better with the raw guitars and heavier synth.

It has a more of an uptempo, easy-listening, and diverse feel to it.

100/10. 

• GNFNR 1

So im assuming the reason Costanzo and Scaturro have writing credits on Shackler's is cause they were the ones who chopped it all up and re-arranged it, added all the extra noises, and artificially punched the main part up an octave and made it the intro/outro.

Edited by rocknroll41