Robert Plant

ZoSoRose

My annoyance with him for refusing to do more Zeppelin shows aside, I think his post- O2 Arena (which I think he killed it at) solo career output has been stellar. I can't fault the guy for always pursuing the music he wants to, and trying new genres and styles. I think its led to some of the most dynamic and interesting music from one of the old classic rock standbys. The dude is superb live, too. I have seen him live three times, once with Alison Krauss, and twice on the "Lullaby... and Ceaseless Roar" Tour. I love his spin on Zeppelin tunes and how he incorporates African and Middle Eastern music in his set. I think of all the 70s guys, his voice aged the best. It isn't the same or as powerful, but it changed in really good way. I actually prefer his current voice a lot of the time compared to his 75-80 Zeppelin voice (depends on the show and song, sometime). I guess as I get older I am more interested in the music he has put out lately as opposed to him trying to do a forced solo rock record. 

Anyways, I would love to see him again and hope he refreshes the Zeppelin songs in the set next time he does a big album tour. He always chooses good ones, but has had a lot of the same ones in the set for years. I would love to hear his current band do Kashmir, and I cannot figure out how that hasn't been a staple for him considering all of the world instruments in the group. They could knock that out of the park. Reworked versions of No Quarter, In The Light, Since I've Been Loving You, Stairway to Heaven (yeah right), and Out on the Tiles are some of my top choices that I think would really fit with his current band and voice. 

Anyone else see him live?

• Like 2

I like his post 02 stuff as well! When he first started this era he did a lot of covers, he said it was because he thought he was spent, creatively (!). And hes since started writing more originals.

His cover of Morning Dew is spectacular.

Never got to see him, but I would love too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Just saw he recently (2017) did "In The Light", and it is awesome! Totally reworked and has violins and some bluesy guitars. Dude is brilliant

Got a link by chance? That's probably a top 5 Zeppelin song for me. Such a strange/eerie composition, but has tons of balls and all the light and shade Jones and Page were famous for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not a fan of Zeppelin musically but I actually really admire Percy for repudiating the ''hits for cash'' thing and doing quirky solo stuff instead. One of the few guys left with any integrity. 

What is it about them musically you don’t like? 

(I fucking despise them, just wondering what your reasons are) 

I also respect Plant for walking his own path, his voice is more to my liking now than it was with Zeppelin. Definitely has integrity re his artistry.

Edited by Powderfinger