This does not seem like a band...

On 6/19/2021 at 9:42 AM, Blackstar said:

That was in 2016 though, in the beginning of the reunion. More than five years have passed since then, so we couldn't possibly know what he thinks now. But, regardless of what he thinks, with the reunion having become a permanent thing, an album featuring both Slash/Duff and former members from the Nu era is not a possibility, in my opinion. As much as Slash has been willing to compromise on other issues so far, I don't think he would ever agree on that - plus, it wouldn't go well with the public.

Yeah I don't think Slash would ever agree to that. Playing songs with some co-writing credits from Nu members sure, but not playing on songs that also have Nu members playing on them. And I think you're right about in 2016 Axl playing some leftover songs for S & D and them saying "yeah sounds cool." I don't think they had any plans for recording at that time.

16 hours ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

The SMKC TikTok gives the complete opposite impression; lots of vids of them playing together in the studio (even with some new stuff heard in the background), and then the music video set up as well.

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, I don't follow TikTok, but I think they have done pre-production (writing, arranging, demoing) but not actual recording/production yet. Maybe @MaskingApathy knows.

From what I've gathered they've only done writing/pre-production in the spring, no official recording with Elvis present yet. I know they've got over a dozen songs ready for this album and more that will be saved for the next one (whenever that is). I'm not really sure about the video shoot thing; they're keeping quiet about it for now. My guess is that it's a performance recorded for a future livestream (like the Fire video with Slash and Phil Collin) but I'm not sure. Maybe it's new songs, maybe not. There's also the question of the leaked setlist in one of their TikTok videos that had new song titles.

Of course I could be wrong and they actually do have some new stuff officially recorded but I'm not sure. Based on how they've done things in the past my guess is that they haven't. I think when they do start then there will be updates on their TikTok like there were back in Feb.

4 hours ago, Ratam said:

I have the feeling it about MJ was Doug Goldstein BS.

Yeah it definitely was.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2021 at 12:09 AM, MaskingApathy said:

If GnR had become the main priority then he would've held off on SMKC until the new GnR record was out.

I have to disagree because that would have mean that we'd never heard any new music by neither of them. I think Slash has done his job for GNR or what Axl "allowed" him to do at this point and when Guns took a break he gave his attention to SMKC. I truly believe, if it was up to Slash they had already released a new Guns record by now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I have to disagree because that would have mean that we'd never heard any new music by neither of them. I think Slash has done his job for GNR or what Axl "allowed" him to do at this point and when Guns took a break he gave his attention to SMKC. I truly believe, if it was up to Slash they had already released a new Guns record by now.

That's the difference between 1996 and 2016. Slash knows that pushing Axl could only make things worse. That's why he does his job and puts his focus on other projects when needed. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

That's the difference between 1996 and 2016. Slash knows that pushing Axl could only make things worse. That's why he does his job and puts his focus on other projects when needed. 

And this is the saddest part of the "reunion". Maybe he realized it himself and that's why he plays like he does the last couple of years.

• GNFNR 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 10:50 PM, Blackstar said:

Oh, I don't follow TikTok, but I think they have done pre-production (writing, arranging, demoing) but not actual recording/production yet. Maybe @MaskingApathy knows.

So after a little more thought I think that what I said earlier is incorrect; I think SMKC might've actually recorded all (or at least most) of the record by now. If so then that means they've changed some things up and that they were a little further along back in Feb/March than we thought.