Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yep, wrong development here.

uten_n90.png

They shouldn't be experiencing an uptick in number of cases as seen for the last week or so.

It’s because states like Arizona, Florida, and North Carolina have seen massive spikes over the last seven to ten days while the former epicentres like New York and New Jersey have seen dramatic drops in the number of new cases. 

One part of the country is cooling down while many other parts are heating up. 

14 hours ago, action said:

I noticed a trend, starting with the widespread access to internet (and knowledge), of people acting all douche with futile factual knowledge. I really do. It's like, these people happen to stumble upon something (it isn't exceptional; they practically throw facts at you when you surf the net), and they think they're all that great. These kind of people have always existed, but now they can feign intelligence with little bits and pieces of information. it is a strange thing to behold. People like that don't really anger me, rather I look at them in bemusement. Kind of like how I would watch a monkey wearing glasses or something. You can go two steps without encountering someone like that. And I believe, it only gets worse. I think it started with the so called grammar police, and now I think it's the source police. So.fucking.tiresome.

You just don't find calm, sober people anymore who you can have a normal conversation with, without them showing off with the latest fashion buzzword like CO2, omega3, covid-sars2-19 or equally tiresome terminology. why is it so hard to act normal? are people afraid to come across as stupid? they must lack confidence surely? Where are all the low-schooled people? (without demeaning those people in the slightest) is everyone highly intelligent? I just can't believe that.

I would 1000 times prefer someone with a sober look on life, rather than a know-it all. 

So what you're basically saying is that you can't stand people who are educating themselves, or who are smarter than you.

Also you sound like you're 60 man. 

5 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

So what you're basically saying is that you can't stand people who are educating themselves, or who are smarter than you.

your summary of my post is incorrect.

I can't stand many people, correct, but not those who educate themselves and certainly not those why are smarter than me. In fact, I think those are about the only kind of people I do can stand.

(and thanks for the compliment! people of about 60 rule)

Edited by action

9 hours ago, downzy said:

It’s because states like Arizona, Florida, and North Carolina have seen massive spikes over the last seven to ten days while the former epicentres like New York and New Jersey have seen dramatic drops in the number of new cases. 

One part of the country is cooling down while many other parts are heating up. 

My brother-in-law is an ER doctor in San Antonio TX. and he’s not seen any real issue with Coronavirus this whole time but we spoke to him earlier today and he said it’s just exploded over there in the past few days.

Like hardly any cases since the start of the pandemic but now they’re getting overwhelmed pretty much. If this is indicative of the situation in the other states you mentioned I think the worst is yet to come in the US. 

Edited by Dazey

44 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My brother-in-law is an ER doctor in San Antonio TX. and he’s not seen any real issue with Coronavirus this whole time but we spoke to him earlier today and he said it’s just exploded over there in the past few days.

Like hardly any cases since the start of the pandemic but now they’re getting overwhelmed pretty much. If this is indicative of the situation in the other states you mentioned I think the worst is yet to come in the US. 

The "peaceful protestors" are causing the spike.  But I'm sure you and the rest of the never Trumpers will start blaming his rallies soon enough.  

6 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

The "peaceful protestors" are causing the spike.  But I'm sure you and the rest of the never Trumpers will start blaming his rallies soon enough.  

Well I’m kinda hoping he might inadvertently thin the MAGA herd a bit. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Well I’m kinda hoping he might inadvertently thin the MAGA herd a bit. :lol: 

Hoping Trump supporters die?  That's some hardcore shit right there.  Don't worry, I'm sure the polls are all right and Biden will win by double digits.  Nobody needs to die.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

San Antonio's getting hit hard now? Shoot! My brother lives down there but he works from home mostly still. I just talked to him about spending Thanksgiving down there. But our state is getting an uptick in cases too. You can't escape it. :/

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

Then explain how states that saw significantly larger BLM protests have not seen a rise in cases?  

The trend lines show a rise in many states before the incubation period of any BLM protest. 

It’s hard to pin-point exactly why cases are rising but most experts point to states opening too soon, particularly businesses that require close-contact and indoor operations (bars and restaurants).  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Hoping Trump supporters die?  That's some hardcore shit right there.  Don't worry, I'm sure the polls are all right and Biden will win by double digits.  Nobody needs to die.

All I’m saying is that there could only be a few votes in it in places like Florida so if there’s ever a chance for this virus give something back it’s now.

Maybe Trump can take his short bus roadshow on a whistle stop tour of assisted living facilities in swing states? That should really tip the balance? :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

Numbers are up in Texas again. Many more young people begin hospitalized. 

I'm so worried about how Texas will open the schools and keep our kids and teachers safe?

So stressed by this decision. 

Still seeing people without masks even in restaurants. Not just customers, but some staff too. 

Wish I was back in New York again.

I'm not wearing a mask anymore. Masks don't help. they say, you can get infected through your eyes.

you'd need to wear a frigging mars suit to fully protect yourself, and that ain't gonna happen.

everyone will get this virus, and most of us will survive. Some of us won't. that's the reality, that's the truth. The truth can be told, since when the truth is hidden, suspicion arises.

18 hours ago, soon said:

Right wing leaders continuing to suck at dealing with pandemic.

(last time I pointed that out non-right-wing people tried to shame me and correct me for saying that, lol. But I’ll stick with the facts!)

everyone sucks at dealing with the pandemic. the pandemic is fundamentally a-political. it is a very beautiful thing to witness.

5 minutes ago, action said:

I'm not wearing a mask anymore. Masks don't help. they say, you can get infected through your eyes.

you'd need to wear a frigging mars suit to fully protect yourself, and that ain't gonna happen.

everyone will get this virus, and most of us will survive. Some of us won't. that's the reality, that's the truth. The truth can be told, since when the truth is hidden, suspicion arises.

everyone sucks at dealing with the pandemic. the pandemic is fundamentally a-political. it is a very beautiful thing to witness.

First off, didn't you claim to have had the virus, shouldn't you be immune now? Did you ever test yourself to have this confirmed?

And it is proven without doubt that if you interact with infected people, wearing a mask - a proper mask, properly worn - will reduce the likelihood of getting infected. And weren't you the one gushing over masks a while ago? You are a bit erratic.

Lastly, no, not everyone sucks at dealing with the pandemic. Which is why some countries have few dead while other have many. In fact, this pandemic is a brilliant litmus test on the competence of our leaders. And some fall through, and fall hard, while others shine with their strategies, communication and leadership. If anything this crisis demonstrates clearly why it matters who we elect, why it matters how we vote.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And weren't you the one gushing over masks a while ago? You are a bit erratic.

you're one to talk.

didn't you claim that this was just like the flu?

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Lastly, no, not everyone sucks at dealing with the pandemic. Which is why some countries have few dead while other have many. In fact, this pandemic is a brilliant litmus test on the competence of our leaders. And some fall through, and fall hard, while others shine with their strategies, communication and leadership. If anything this crisis demonstrates clearly why it matters who we elect, why it matters how we vote.

there are no success stories here. "a few dead" (more like: a few thousand) is still too much.

2 minutes ago, action said:

you're one to talk.

didn't you claim that this was just like the flu?

there are no success stories here. "a few dead" (more like: a few thousand) is still too much.

No, I don't think I ever said it was just like the flu. At an early time when people were panicky about a disease that at the time had only caused a few deaths in China, I highlighted the absurdity of panicking over this while we seemed entirely indifferent to all the other killers that surround us, including the flu. 

Did you test yourself for COVID-19 or not?

Don't you think there is a big difference between, say, having less than 20 deaths per million citizens and having more than 300 deaths per millions citizens? And being able to successfully reopen the country after a month or so and not being able to reopen a country after 3 months? That is degrees of success at handling the disease (or degrees of failure, if you prefer), and whether you are willing to call the best handling "successful" or not is entirely irrelevant to my point that you are wrong in implying that all leaders suck at dealing with it. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I don't think I ever said it was just like the flu. At an early time when people were panicky about a disease that at the time had only caused a few deaths in China, I highlighted the absurdity of panicking over this while we seemed entirely indifferent to all the other killers that surround us, including the flu. 

Did you test yourself for COVID-19 or not?

Don't you think there is a big difference between, say, having less than 20 deaths per million citizens and having more than 300 deaths per millions citizens? And being able to successfully reopen the country after a month or so and not being able to reopen a country after 3 months? That is degrees of success at handling the disease (or degrees of failure, if you prefer), and whether you are willing to call the best handling "successful" or not is entirely irrelevant to my point that you are wrong in implying that all leaders suck at dealing with it. 

everyone is allowed to adjust their opinion, as we go through our experiences. Every day is a school day. Only a fool writes their opinions in stone. So in short, yes, I claimed that mouth masks were fundamental. Now, I say the contrary. Have a smoke on that one.

I can not test myself for covid19, sadly. And belgium doesn't want to test me either. I did ask for it though. Oh well.

lastly, now we're entering the "facts territory" again, so bear with me, but isn't norway a country with lots of empty space so to speak, not densely populated so to speak? Don't you think we need to factor in stuff like that, when comparing number of deaths, BEFORE we appreciate the efficiency of policital decisions?

1 hour ago, action said:

everyone sucks at dealing with the pandemic. 

I know that you're not a fan of facts but that's a bit silly even for you. 

For instance if you only look at the picture below. The graphs on the left are indicative of a successful response to the pandemic. The graphs on the right are what you get when you elect a leader who encourages people to drink bleach. :lol: 

J2MyMgT.jpg 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, action said:

everyone is allowed to adjust their opinion, as we go through our experiences. Every day is a school day. Only a fool writes their opinions in stone. So in short, yes, I claimed that mouth masks were fundamental. Now, I say the contrary. Have a smoke on that one.

I can not test myself for covid19, sadly. And belgium doesn't want to test me either. I did ask for it though. Oh well.

lastly, now we're entering the "facts territory" again, so bear with me, but isn't norway a country with lots of empty space so to speak, not densely populated so to speak? Don't you think we need to factor in stuff like that, when comparing number of deaths, BEFORE we appreciate the efficiency of policital decisions?

My point was just that if you are convinced that you have had the disease that provides another good reason for not bothering to wear masks any more. And if you could have this verified, by getting tested for ABs, you would know.

Yes, some countries for various reasons are less susceptible to deaths from infectious diseases. For instance it would be silly to claim that the leaders of South Sudan is doing a worse job than the leaders of Finland based on deaths per capita alone without taking into account differences in population density, differences in health care capacity, etc. But even when you account for these differences, you see that some countries do better than others, and hat is most likely caused by poor leadership.

50 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I know that you're not a fan of facts but that's a bit silly even for you. 

For instance if you only look at the picture below. The graphs on the left are indicative of a successful response to the pandemic. The graphs on the right are what you get when you elect a leader who encourages people to drink bleach. :lol: 

J2MyMgT.jpg 

there is an increasing amount of criticism against germany's policy, as we speak

their policy is criticised - facts