Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

wnzy two weeks? It’s been a year and a half since kids have been in school full time.

My daughter was in-class from her first day in September to Christmas break last year.  I have no idea what you're talking about.  

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

And I do believe when she was talking about isolation that also includes not being able to see grandparents and other loving family members, creating social contracts with friends, etc.

Such a lockdown isn't imposed here right now.  The limit is 10 people indoors at a time.  My daughter has seen both her grandparents and cousins numerous times the last couple of weeks.

You're not accurately depicting the current restrictions. 

3 hours ago, downzy said:

My daughter was in-class from her first day in September to Christmas break last year.  I have no idea what you're talking about.  

Such a lockdown isn't imposed here right now.  The limit is 10 people indoors at a time.  My daughter has seen both her grandparents and cousins numerous times the last couple of weeks.

You're not accurately depicting the current restrictions. 

My daughter is with her grandparents most of the time too since I work from home, but we're all vaccinated and mostly stay indoors and we wear masks outdoors and in stores. We are all trying to keep our kids and ourselves safe and that includes getting vaccinated.

I udnerstand teachers being scared to go back to classroom teaching with this new variant, but it was very hard when my daughter was home on the computer all day. It was hard on everyone but teachers tried their best. This wasn't something anyone could have known would happen, but we tried to do the best we all could. Closing down the country had to be down back in the beginning. We have a vaccine now and know how to keep schools clean and protected the best we can.

Biden is right if parents want their kids in schools then get yourself and them vaccinated. It's the only and best way right now or this virus will never go away and kids will be losing more time in the classrooms if this spreads inside the schools.

On 1/4/2022 at 4:00 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Biden also said wear a mask when out in public or inside anyway.  even after saying how contagious this new variant is, I see more and more people not wearing a mask anymore. If they are vaccinated, great, but since this variant can still infect, you wear a damn mask.

Some people like to breathe. 

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Some people like to breathe. 

Well it's better than getting omicron.

Doctors and nurses wear masks for hours at a time and they don't complain.

I breathe fine with the masks I wear.

This virus is spread through the air, so i think I'll stick with wearing a mask because this virus isn't going anywhere.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:46 AM, EvanG said:

Apparently to get a medical exemption two independent panels in Australia examine your case to see if you're allowed to get a medical exemption.

The fact that Djokovic has gone on record as early as 2020 saying that he's against mandatory vaccination doesn't help him right now, but I see little reason so far to doubt these independent panels.

He should just come out and explain why he has received a medical exemption instead of being silent about it. Maybe he was tested positive in the last 6 months? Maybe he has some condition? Just say it already instead of allowing this controversy to blow up like this.

It's kinda funny though how a lot of people have already made up their mind without knowing the full story.

As for him not getting into Australia, that's his own doing. He should have gotten the right visa. He's staying in a quarantine hotel in Melbourne now and a judge is going to decide on Monday if he's allowed in.

Apparently the exemption had to do with Djokovic having been infected with Covid-19 at some point six months prior to his arrival.  That was the basis for his exemption.

However, the Federal Government informed the Tennis authority in Australia that it would not honour exemptions on this basis.  This was communicated back in November.  So either Tennis Australia failed to inform Djokovic several months ago or Djokovic came anyway.  

28 minutes ago, downzy said:

Apparently the exemption had to do with Djokovic having been infected with Covid-19 at some point six months prior to his arrival.  That was the basis for his exemption.

However, the Federal Government informed the Tennis authority in Australia that it would not honour exemptions on this basis.  This was communicated back in November.  So either Tennis Australia failed to inform Djokovic several months ago or Djokovic came anyway.  

It’s fucking funny however it transpired. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downzy said:

That'll be the second time for him, but that's what I figured. Either that or he had some medical condition which doesn't allow him to get vaccinated, but that doesn't seem very likely. It's interesting though how much attention this has been receiving. Sure, he's the number one in the world and arguably the best tennis player of all time, but even the Serbian and Australian president have been getting involved.

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

That'll be the second time for him, but that's what I figured. Either that or he had some medical condition which doesn't allow him to get vaccinated, but that doesn't seem very likely. It's interesting though how much attention this has been receiving. Sure, he's the number one in the world and arguably the best tennis player of all time, but even the Serbian and Australian president have been getting involved.

Hard to believe that he had been infected for a second time in the past 6 months and it not leaking. He has been playing Tennis the past 6 months. Him getting infected would have been a story. And if he was infected and kept it a secret then it surely backfired, if that is the excemption he's going for to get into Australia without getting vaccinated. Obviously it's getting attention, when the idiot tweets and Instagrams that he gets into Australia without being vaccinated. He's sticking it to everyone, who got vaccinated against their will only in order to be able to do certain things. As for the serbian president getting involved, he's a superstar there and the president seems to be the same idiot as Djokovic's father and views it as a political insult. And the australian pm had to get involved too, as it makes them look bad if they give an excemption to a celebrity. So no surprise there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Hard to believe that he had been infected for a second time in the past 6 months and it not leaking. He has been playing Tennis the past 6 months. Him getting infected would have been a story. And if he was infected and kept it a secret then it surely backfired, if that is the excemption he's going for to get into Australia without getting vaccinated. Obviously it's getting attention, when the idiot tweets and Instagrams that he gets into Australia without being vaccinated. He's sticking it to everyone, who got vaccinated against their will only in order to be able to do certain things. As for the serbian president getting involved, he's a superstar there and the president seems to be the same idiot as Djokovic's father and views it as a political insult. And the australian pm had to get involved too, as it makes them look bad if they give an excemption to a celebrity. So no surprise there.

Of course it's getting attention, but it has turned into a huge soap opera, especially in Australia and Serbia, and that's what I was referring to.

If he did get Covid a second time it's not that hard to believe that he has been in quarantine for one or two weeks without announcing it to the world. He's had enough time off in between tournaments in the past 6 months. He even withdrew from Indian Wells last fall without giving a reason.

Edited by EvanG

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Of course it's getting attention, but it has turned into a huge soap opera, especially in Australia and Serbia, and that's what I was referring to.

If he did get Covid a second time it's not that hard to believe that he has been in quarantine for one or two weeks without announcing it to the world. He's had enough time off in between tournaments in the past 6 months. He even withdrew from Indian Wells last fall without giving a reason.

His lawyers are claiming that he had an exemption after getting a positive PCR result on December 16th. 

These are pictures of him taken on December 17th. 

52690465-0-image-a-33_1641645996229.jpg

52690361-10381545-image-m-61_16416452049 52690337-10381545-image-a-62_16416452073

Now I'm not saying he's necessarily full of shit but ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10381545/Novak-Djokovic-Star-pictured-hugging-children-PR-event-day-positive-PCR-test.html

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, EvanG said:

If that's true, then he's fucked. I can't seriously imagine him hugging children after being tested positive, but who knows, the soap opera continues!

Also the deadline to apply for a medical exemption was December 10th so I honestly don’t know what’s going on. 

10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Also the deadline to apply for a medical exemption was December 10th so I honestly don’t know what’s going on. 

Yeah, I just read Patrick McEnroe's tweet about this. I don't think anyone understands anymore. I'm expecting that they will deport him next week.

Edited by EvanG

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

Apparently, he hadn't, as was out and about on the alleged date of his second infection and the days after. And like I said, it absolutely makes no sense to keep quiet about it, when he wants to use that as an excuse to go to Australia unvaccinated. It would have made more sense to have kept his first infection quiet, as that was a bit of a PR desaster form him. So really, whats trsnspiring paints him as a total selfish piece of shit only out for himself who goes to public events even when he knows he's infected. So either way, he's dug a huge hole for himself. Either he's lying about being infected again or he knowingly goes to public events as a infected person where he risks others getting infected by him.

Apparently Tennis Australia fucked up as well. Djokovic isn't the only one who got the wrong information, Czech tennis player Renata Voracova, who also received a medical exemption to play the AO, was staying in the same facility as Djokovic and has decided to leave the country. Even though she was already allowed into the country before her visa got cancelled. A real shit show down under at the moment.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-fiasco-leaked-tennis-australia-letter-damning-for-organisation/news-story/21e176212d1ec7e362018d0b7a13b6b0

A leaked document from Tennis Australia (TA) has reportedly shown that the organisation wrongly informed unvaccinated players they could enter the country for the Australian Open if they had caught Covid within the last six months.

And then there's this...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/home-affairs-told-djokovic-his-travel-declaration-met-requirements-20220108-p59mt4.html

Edited by EvanG

18 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Djokovic rules!!

If he attended those gatherings after being tested positive, then he's a complete moron.

As for his tennis skills... I'm a Federer fan, but I must admit Djokovic might be the goat, and I hate admitting this...

10 minutes ago, EvanG said:

If he attended those gatherings after being tested positive, then he's a complete moron.

As for his tennis skills... I'm a Federer fan, but I must admit Djokovic might be the goat, and I hate admitting this...

He's not positive. He is fighting for the freedom of humanity. He is a healthy human being.

The pcr is a joke.

• Haha 1