Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

41 minutes ago, Dazey said:

you'll wear one too eventually.

it's a funny feeling, wearing such a mask in public. you feel "dehumanized" somewhat. a mask like this, is an unnatural expansion on your face, it doesnt belong there, it feels weird. coupled with the funny looks you're getting, it's unworldly.

but all it takes for this to become normal, is for a couple of people wearing it, to create a snowball effect, and they you'll see these everywhere.

88197253_3125198387525143_21183633917759

One disgruntled fan, Gemma Smith, 35, told The Sun: “Who does he think he is? Not even the Queen has made such demands.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-andre-fans-told-not-21612859?fbclid=IwAR3OdJXeFJ732Z7EdCPHcCI1r_IHue8YEBXtz2P6MUzsDCk_P9KKAEhBZbM

:lol: 

Edited by Dazey

4 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

I'm getting tired of all the corona bullcrap. People panicking over practically nothing. I do seem to be the only person who thinks that it wouldn't be too bad if 10-25% of the world population died out. We are overpopulated, this virus is showing that once again.

I can guarentee im sick of hearing about it as well.  Maybe all the world should send a china a bill for the economic upheavel each country has had to deal with.

Survival of the fittest is how mother nature deals with these events.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Survival of the fittest is how mother nature deals with these events.

THANK YOU, people are acting like it's 1350 and this is the Black Death. 

If I learned one thing about my country during all this is that they're racists, selfish, they don't care about facts or reading into things, they believe everything they read on social media and they're scared of everything "foreign" and "unknown".

People are actually asking if it's possible to jail or sue the first coronapatient in the Netherlands for spreading the disease even further.

I'm not a fan of my people, or most people in general.

7 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

THANK YOU, people are acting like it's 1350 and this is the Black Death. 

If I learned one thing about my country during all this is that they're racists, selfish, they don't care about facts or reading into things, they believe everything they read on social media and they're scared of everything "foreign" and "unknown".

People are actually asking if it's possible to jail or sue the first coronapatient in the Netherlands for spreading the disease even further.

Maybe Zwarte Pete should get tested publicly? :lol:

you get fined for driving drunk, but spreading a deadly virus knowingly, when you're sick and with all this media attention should get a pass?

I can see why people are asking for penalty measures for people who act careless when infected.

5 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

I'm getting tired of all the corona bullcrap. People panicking over practically nothing. I do seem to be the only person who thinks that it wouldn't be too bad if 10-25% of the world population died out. We are overpopulated, this virus is showing that once again.

26 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

To be frank, people over here are reacting down to earth for the most part. I haven't seen much hysteria yet, at least not where I live. And I don't see that happening anytime soon either. On the radio this morning they were interviewing people in an area where there has been an outbreak close by, and everyone basically said ''oh well, we'll see what happens, I'm not too worried'' while they were bringing their kids to school or going to work.

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

To be frank, people over here are reacting down to earth for the most part. I haven't seen much hysteria yet, at least not where I live. And I don't see that happening anytime soon either. On the radio this morning they were interviewing people in an area where there has been an outbreak close by, and everyone basically said ''oh well, we'll see what happens, I'm not too worried'' while they were bringing their kids to school or going to work.

The hysteria is mostly online. People don't want to do it in public because everyone has a fear of being judged. You should read some reactions over at nu.nl, it's hilarious at times. (You're Dutch too right? Seeing as you know where Zwarte Piet resides :lol:)

Overreaction or not, people should listen to what experts and government are saying. If you think you might have corona, call the doctor and let him refer you to a hospital, so they know you're coming. A patient around here just went to ER :facepalm: They've been saying again and again not to go to the doctor's or hospital to sit in a waiting room. It's great you're not seriously ill, but please consider other people who might be more at risk.

Also, kids seem to not get sick, which is great, but they could carry it and infect others. I for one will be happy if the next few weeks go by quickly and I stay healthy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

The hysteria is mostly online. People don't want to do it in public because everyone has a fear of being judged. You should read some reactions over at nu.nl, it's hilarious at times. (You're Dutch too right? Seeing as you know where Zwarte Piet resides :lol:)

I tend to take online reactions not very seriously, especially at certain sites. There will always be paranoid people that make an art out of exaggerating (just read some of the reactions in this thread) but I think most people are pretty down to earth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lio said:

Overreaction or not, people should listen to what experts and government are saying. If you think you might have corona, call the doctor and let him refer you to a hospital, so they know you're coming. A patient around here just went to ER :facepalm: They've been saying again and again not to go to the doctor's or hospital to sit in a waiting room. It's great you're not seriously ill, but please consider other people who might be more at risk.

Also, kids seem to not get sick, which is great, but they could carry it and infect others. I for one will be happy if the next few weeks go by quickly and I stay healthy.

Exactly! I've been reading so many comments of people contradicting pretty much everything the WHO or the governments are saying. Everyone turned into a self-proclaimed virologist. 

I'm pretty sure there's a bigger chance we die in WWIII :P

22 minutes ago, Lio said:

the reaction of our government (or rather, "inaction") is criminal. Schools who want to close preventive, are called back by the government. While knowing that people coming back from vacation in italy are infectuous, which is proved again today, which was expected even. The life of a kid isn't worth the paper of the money it costs to bury them, should they get sick. If you strike for the climate, you're a hero. If you stay home from school, you're a criminal.

My kid will stay at home, until the government takes adequate action to prevent further infections. And you can bet your ass that by friday, when the first infections are reported in school, schools will be closed anyway.

in our contitution, article 22 bis, it states: "Every child has a right of protection of their physical welbeing. The interest of this child is the FIRST consideration to be made with every decision that involves the child."

Article 23 further states "everyone has a right to a humanworthy life. These rights involve, in particular: the right of PROTECTION of health".

The government tells "us" to wash our hands, but the government ITSELF is doing far too little to protect us. Their inadequacy is criminal, in china they would have long been taken away from their position.

It's not a crime to be stupid, but stupid people with their inconsiderate actions, are responsible for this.

Edited by action
  • Haha 2

Just now, UcudBmine said:

I don't know where you're from, but unless it's China, South Korea or Northern Italy you should be fine. And your kid has nothing to worry about, I haven't heard about a single kid dying to be honest.

He's from Belgium, a country with what... two cases so far?

Yeah...

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is in case a Brexiteer accidentally walks in.

It’s Julia’s favourite shop doncha know? ;) 

1 hour ago, action said:

the reaction of our government (or rather, "inaction") is criminal. Schools who want to close preventive, are called back by the government. While knowing that people coming back from vacation in italy are infectuous, which is proved again today, which was expected even. The life of a kid isn't worth the paper of the money it costs to bury them, should they get sick. If you strike for the climate, you're a hero. If you stay home from school, you're a criminal.

My kid will stay at home, until the government takes adequate action to prevent further infections. And you can bet your ass that by friday, when the first infections are reported in school, schools will be closed anyway.

in our contitution, article 22 bis, it states: "Every child has a right of protection of their physical welbeing. The interest of this child is the FIRST consideration to be made with every decision that involves the child."

Article 23 further states "everyone has a right to a humanworthy life. These rights involve, in particular: the right of PROTECTION of health".

The government tells "us" to wash our hands, but the government ITSELF is doing far too little to protect us. Their inadequacy is criminal, in china they would have long been taken away from their position.

It's not a crime to be stupid, but stupid people with their inconsiderate actions, are responsible for this.

Kids are actually the least at risk from this. They tend to be very mildly affected if at all. Same with flu. Kids don’t tend to get sick but they are great at transmitting it to others. 

33 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It’s Julia’s favourite shop doncha know? ;) 

Kids are actually the least at risk from this. They tend to be very mildly affected if at all. Same with flu. Kids don’t tend to get sick but they are great at transmitting it to others. 

the death rate for children is 0.2 %. Betting on covid19 not being lethal to your kid, seems puzzling to me.

It's like playing russian roulette with your kid, where the gun has 500 chambers and only one bullet. This gun goes off a few times a day, everytime your kid comes into contact with an infected. those are the chances you're playing with. And for what? Total lunacy.

Edited by action