Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

2 minutes ago, action said:

iron, lead, steel. All the same but different isn't it? Lead is even better, it doesn't corrode. Makes for a mens sana in corpore sano.

So you admit you're likely descended from people known for drinking lead?

Edited by Dazey

2 minutes ago, action said:

that's special water.

if you use regular water, your blood cells start to break down.

But I accept that this is very technical, so I give you this one. Please be kind, I've done all I should.

It is not special. It is just pure. It is a common ingredient in all kinds of lab work where water is required. You can't just use tap water or from a nearby lake. You use sterile water. The point is that during the trials, the placebo group should receive something that is entirely safe. And clean water in such small doses is as safe as it gets.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is reported as fact that six people died in Pfizer trials.

It is pointed out that four died who were receiving placebos

It is still true that six people died in Pfizer trials

It is now true that two died with Pfizer.

It is not me you have to convince but people like my grandmother!

Hopefully she is smarter than you. Although it does sometimes run in the family.

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So you admit you're likely descended from people known for drinking lead?

I'm just on a wind up, Dazey

you really think I'm this stupid don't you? :lol:

this is my strategy: making people think I'm stupid, then catching them off guard to strike with a moment of brilliance.

I have to go now though. Lunch time. Cheerio.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

The allergy story was actually covered by the BBC, i.e., the mainstream media. 

But the allergy story is a different story :) It has nothing to do with deaths during trials. 

1 minute ago, action said:

I'm just on a wind up, Dazey

you really think I'm this stupid don't you? :lol:

this is my strategy: making people think I'm stupid, then catching them off guard to strike with a moment of brilliance.

How more longer do we have to wait?

Nothing more?

Alright. A quick comment on the allergy thing:

Yes, two people who have received the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in the UK have reported allergic reactions. During clinical trials of the drugs it was shown that people who suffer from allergies would report slightly more adverse reactions than other people, implying that there is a possible allergy issue with this vaccines. Still, nothing too serious to not be approved for market. Unfortunately, during the clinical trials, some people with severe allergies were not included, otherwise this issue may have been better studied. But that's the weakness of clinical trials. You can't use an endless amount of people to discover any possible problem. Which is why the drug is being monitored after market approval (clinical phase IV), allowing for changes to how the drug is administered and to whom, and in worst case scenario a withdrawal from the market. In this case it has resulted in people with some allergies not being vaccinated and that vaccination must take place in a hospital setting that would allow any potential allergic reactions to be dealt with. 

And hey @action, it's not that you are "stupid" that is an issue here. We are all stupid in certain situations and learn how to hide or compensate for it. We all are. I certainly am. And few of us would have any problems with someone not grasping things or maybe not being shining intellects. The thing with you is that you regularly speak about things you know very little with a remarkable confidence that doesn't reflect your knowledge, that you will go to extreme lengths to defend your position and not reconsider your stance even to the point of being contradictory and debasing yourself, and that in the end you will somewhat revel in your "stupidity" and use that as an excuse as if we can't expect more from you than what we got. But we can. And all of this has little to do with stupidity or intelligence to do, really, but how you go about wielding your intellect and how you apply yourself. How you decide to be. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And hey @action, it's not that you are "stupid" that is an issue here. We are all stupid in certain situations and learn how to hide or compensate for it. We all are. I certainly am. And few of us would have any problems with someone not grasping things or maybe not being shining intellects. The thing with you is that you regularly speak about things you know very little with a remarkable confidence that doesn't reflect your knowledge, that you will go to extreme lengths to defend your position and not reconsider your stance even to the point of being contradictory and debasing yourself, and that in the end you will somewhat revel in your "stupidity" and use that as an excuse as if we can't expect more from you than what we got. But we can. And all of this has little to do with stupidity or intelligence to do, really, but how you go about wielding your intellect and how you apply yourself. How you decide to be. 

what do you expect me to respond to this nonsense?

Do I have to hold an exposé, proving that I know a lot? I know what I know, and I feel no need to detail that to the world. You on the other hand, let no occasion pass to tell us how you're an expert in this or that. I really couldn't give a flea's ass about what you know, or Dazey or Diesel or anyone else. I like to approach this board in an atmosphere of equality. You don't need to tell me you're a professor, and I don't need to tell you I'm a senseo salesman. There should be no prejudice on a place like this. I believe it is fundamentally douchebaggery to boast with degrees and references. You do this a lot. Why, I wonder? sign of insecurity?

I don't need no fucking references to make me "better" than anyone else. I'll let the argument speak for itself. And yes, by all means, criticise it, ridicule it, you don't have to agree with me. But if we can't do this without insults or putdowns, then what the hell are we doing here? 

Edited by action

1 minute ago, soon said:

It finally sunk in that vaccines were rolling out and I got super excited. And then I learned that vaccines wont be available for all here until April.

So while I'm happy for front line workers and the elderly, Ill be excited again next spring.

or you can just eat more fruit, to boost up your immune system. works fine for me!

don't they say "an apple a day, keeps the doctor away"?

1 minute ago, action said:

no, it's the other way around.

covid got me

*And they lived happily ever after, singing "I Got You Babe" to one another while fixing their Sunday meals*

As far as fruit goes, I dont eat all that much, really. Unless its in beer :lol:

If we count tomatoes. I drink orange juice and that makes me feel guilty as its traveled all the way from Florida. I make banana bread - also guilty. And then its just berries that I grow, or buy frozen forged blueberries. My strawberries become strawberry milk. Raspberries for cheesecake. Blueberries on breakfast cereal.

Ooh, thats not true, I also consume lots of coconut... everything! Love that stuff. Plus the goji berries and everything in my smoothy.

Is that enough to keep covid at bay?

48 minutes ago, action said:

or you can just eat more fruit, to boost up your immune system. works fine for me!

Except that it isn't possible to "boost" up the immune system by eating fruits, taking vitamins, or whatever people believe. We know of no way to make the immune system stronger except for taking vaccines.

And maybe that is a good thing? We wouldn't want the immune system to get into hyperdrive which would lead to all kids of disorders where the immune system misfires and attacks benign things like our own cells.

More here: Boosting the Immune System, From Science to Myth: Analysis the Infosphere With Google (nih.gov)

Edited by SoulMonster

1 hour ago, soon said:

*And they lived happily ever after, singing "I Got You Babe" to one another while fixing their Sunday meals*

As far as fruit goes, I dont eat all that much, really. Unless its in beer :lol:

If we count tomatoes. I drink orange juice and that makes me feel guilty as its traveled all the way from Florida. I make banana bread - also guilty. And then its just berries that I grow, or buy frozen forged blueberries. My strawberries become strawberry milk. Raspberries for cheesecake. Blueberries on breakfast cereal.

Ooh, thats not true, I also consume lots of coconut... everything! Love that stuff. Plus the goji berries and everything in my smoothy.

Is that enough to keep covid at bay?

oooh, juicy coconuts and melons

come to papa

• GNFNR 1

well, the powers that be are supposed to approve the covid vaccine for use. I hope they do it soon. Over 290,000 Americans are dead and many are dying. No matter what it's still sucks and so many families have been affected by this virus that will last their lifetime.

Might get another stimulus check if Congress can get their heads out of their asses.

So many Americans will lose their unemployment benefits and possibly jobs and their homes. This is just shameful and Congress should all be fired for fucking the American people around. What the hell is wrong wiht them? People are having to get on food lines. One news channel is comparing it to the 1930's depression, but with the virus, I think it's way worse. Back then people didn't have as much as we do now, so I think it's harder to lose so much in a short time.

I know Biden says he will help, but I think Trump has fucked up so much it'll take the whole 4 years to fix it.

And someone has to say to Trump shut the fuck up and get the hell out! I hope Secret Service have to haul his ass out of the white house and in jail. He has ruined this country.