Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

4 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I've got to go get a test in half hour with my missus and son as a few in his school have had it and he's got a couple of mild symptoms and so has she. I've had a good innings and dodged it for 9 months so it was only a matter of time.

Good luck to you and family too!! 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Good luck to you and family too!! 👍

We're all good thanks he's just got a bit of a cough and mild cold symptoms and she's had some persistent headaches. I'm right as rain, which is the main thing :lol:

Under normal circumstances it wouldn't have been anything we would have even thought twice about. If I was a betting man, which I am Id put money it coming back all clear.

Edited by spunko12345
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

We're all good thanks he's just got a bit of a cough and mild cold symptoms and she's had some persistent headaches. I'm right as rain, which is the main thing :lol:

Under normal circumstances it wouldn't have been anything we would have even thought twice about. If I was a betting man, which I am Id put money it coming back all clear.

Oh! Happy hear it! Now whathever and tiny issue about our health the first thing we suspect is about Covid ☺👍

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 10:11 AM, SoulMonster said:

Except that it isn't possible to "boost" up the immune system by eating fruits, taking vitamins, or whatever people believe. We know of no way to make the immune system stronger except for taking vaccines.

And maybe that is a good thing? We wouldn't want the immune system to get into hyperdrive which would lead to all kids of disorders where the immune system misfires and attacks benign things like our own cells.

More here: Boosting the Immune System, From Science to Myth: Analysis the Infosphere With Google (nih.gov)

Since I have type 2 Diabetes I take vitamin C and D every day. Can't have too much fruit because it does turn to sugar.

I think the vaccines are on their way to Texas. Now we have to see when/if we can get it?

I know my parents will get it since they're over 60. I just want it to be safe for my daughter. Not sure when kids under 16 can get it?

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Stoked about the vaccine moving forward in the US. Time to get it out to everyone and get back to regular life. 

Yes!!! And from Michigan B-)

https://us.cnn.com/2020/12/13/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

But of course this is the very first step. Priority are nursing homes, doctors and essential workers.  The problem is people with severe allergy :(

• Like 1

Yeah, not sure how long it'll take for the vaccine to get to everyone? These next few months will seem longer than this year.

I just hope it works and keeps everyone safe. I'm sure this won't be the last virus we will have to battle in our lifetimes. Humans don't seem to learn by their mistakes.\

Texas numbers are up and my nurse friend in California says numbers are up there too. So many more people will get sick and die before the vaccines get out.

I may not die from this virus, but studies show that 95% still have symptoms 6 months later, so I‘d rather take my chances with this vaccine than catch the virus and still be dealing with it 6 months later.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 3

Piers Morgan, who is a corona fascist, constantly lambasting covid-idiots every morning, getting caught in a taxi without a mask haha,

ccelebrities0_piers-morgan.jpg

(He has also acquired a few extra chins recently so maybe he considers that sufficient protection?) 

Why is it the ones more liable to chastise others are the ones more likely to breaking the very regulations they espouse? I am reminded of that SNP MP who lambasted Dominic Cummins before going on a trek around basically everywhere, having just had a test (results impending)!

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just recall what the scientists said,

EpJSgCXXcAc0jHC.thumb.jpg.b754716e62b670b318c8fe4b962685c4.jpg

Is the point that since there is only a small chance of dying or suffering lasting damage from Covid-19, that you shouldn't get the vaccine? What sense is there in that? Only morons would buy such an argument. That's like not wearing a seat belt because is it unlikely that an accident will happen.

And the probability of dying or getting sick from Covid-19 is much, much, much higher than dying or getting sick from the vaccine. The data we have is very clear on this. You should fear the disease more than the cure. 

Lastly, even if you are in the group of people who won't get very sick from Covid-19 or die (and you can't say this for sure until you have become infected), the point of vaccination is to achieve herd immunity. This isn't about us as individuals, but us as society. By vaccinating ourselves, we protect the weak among us. We protect those who would get vey sick if infected, those who would die. It is an act of solidarity. Not getting the vaccines purely because you feel confident that you won't get very sick from Covid-19, is an act of selfishness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Is the point that since there is only a small chance of dying or suffering lasting damage from Covid-19, that you shouldn't get the vaccine? What sense is there in that? Only morons would buy such an argument. That's like not wearing a seat belt because is it unlikely that an accident will happen.

And the probability of dying or getting sick from Covid-19 is much, much, much higher than dying or getting sick from the vaccine. The data we have is very clear on this. You should fear the disease more than the cure. 

Lastly, even if you are in the group of people who won't get very sick from Covid-19 or die (and you can't say this for sure until you have become infected), the point of vaccination is to achieve herd immunity. This isn't about us as individuals, but us as society. By vaccinating ourselves, we protect the weak among us. We protect those who would get vey sick if infected, those who would die. It is an act of solidarity. Not getting the vaccines purely because you feel confident that you won't get very sick from Covid-19, is an act of selfishness.

A survey here just showed that people who would be willing to get the vaccine now are people who primarily think of herd immunity, and not of themselves. So they wouldn't get it to be able to party again after. The people willing to have it now would be fine with sticking to rules even after they've had the vaccine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I'm 42, in great shape, and never smoked.  I'll pass on taking the vaccine.  Any chance I would have taken it went to zero after what happened in Australia.

Haha! You fucking old* cunt ye! :lol: 

I'm only 41. :D 

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Piers Morgan, who is a corona fascist, constantly lambasting covid-idiots every morning, getting caught in a taxi without a mask haha,

ccelebrities0_piers-morgan.jpg

(He has also acquired a few extra chins recently so maybe he considers that sufficient protection?) 

More chins than a Chinese virus. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The weak will be getting the vaccine and will be protected.  The selfish imo are the ones rushing to be first in line to get it.  Why not think of others who might need it more than yourself?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Have you got an FT subscription? :lol: 

I am actually pissed off that they released that news, although it is just a rerun of news from a few days ago really, before Wall Street opens. If Pfizer doesn't budge today (US accept it; Trump getting it; etc etc) it never will!

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

The weak will be getting the vaccine and will be protected.  The selfish imo are the ones rushing to be first in line to get it.  Why not think of others who might need it more than yourself?

Who has said we shouldn't let the people in risk groups get it first? Of course they should.

But you didn't talk about being a gentleman and letting other less healthy get it before you, you talked about not taking it altogether. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Starting tomorrow we are back in almost full lock down until at least January 19th. Almost everything will close again, including schools. 'Tis not the season to be jolly...

We have seen a sharp increase in cases in my hometown and authorities are now recommending the wearing of face masks at public spaces. This is a first.