Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Same here! (With some exceptions) I'm going to do my best to minimize my social media tomorrow to avoid spoilers for the season finale of Mando. All these pricks have spoilers in thumbnails and titles!

Ill try not to post any spoilers here in the Covid thread :lol:

I cannot wait for tomorrows episode!! rock3

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, that's how I would choose, too. But I see how one could argue differently. You can theoretically save more lives by first vaccinating the groups that contain the most infections, to reduce total infections in society which will benefit those most likely to die. But I agree.

Teachers need to be added to this list. They are around kids all the time and since we do need our teachers to teach and take care of our kids, they should be essential workers too.

• Like 2

Went into the city for the first time since the new lockdown this week. Even though almost everything is closed, there were still many people in the streets and just like during the first lockdown I saw mostly elderly people and a lot of those oldies don't wear mouth masks either. It's as if they just don't care.

Edited by EvanG

It's official covid has killed more Americans than any thing else. 

I'm so glad there are two vaccines now, but for the people who have died and will continue to die, it doesn't seem good news to me.

Over 311,000 people dead. My God! so many families and friends effected by this virus and it'll be with them for years to come.

Most Americans will be vaccinated by the spring. I wish there was a way to slow down this virus before then. 

Some people are still bitching about wearing a mask. I just hope it keeps the rest of us safe from these morons.

7 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, now there's a nugget,  I didn't know that. Wonder if there's a vid available of it.

I just heard it on public radio. From a quick search since, it was during his appearance where he performed Love Me Tender. It seems they took a picture while he was there but perhaps not video.

Sending you a short vid about it, as Im unclear about posting this one. Includes the publicity picture.

Neat!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, now there's a nugget,  I didn't know that. Wonder if there's a vid available of it.

Wow, my parents were very young, so they probably didn't know this either. I bet my grandparents watched it, but they're gone now. No one left to ask. Good for Elvis. 

well, many important are taking this vaccine and that includes all the medical personnel that are gladly taking it. I know my doctors and therir nurses are taking the vaccine as soon as they can.

I'm waiting my turn and will gladly get it. I just want my daughter to be able to get it sooner rather than later.

Now we have the Christmas break, so no school for 2 and a half weeks. Maybe a miracle will happen between now and then. Lord knows we can use one.

10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

It's official covid has killed more Americans than any thing else. 

I'm so glad there are two vaccines now, but for the people who have died and will continue to die, it doesn't seem good news to me.

Over 311,000 people dead. My God! so many families and friends effected by this virus and it'll be with them for years to come.

Most Americans will be vaccinated by the spring. I wish there was a way to slow down this virus before then. 

Some people are still bitching about wearing a mask. I just hope it keeps the rest of us safe from these morons.

More than ageing?

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The west has ordered enough vaccines to vaccinate its people many times over. Poorer countries in Africa and Asia might not get vaccines until 2014. 

I have said it before: We shouldn't let profit-driven corporations be responsible for the development and sale of critical medicines. 

I read that Astra Zeneca have committed to providing their vaccine at cost to these countries in perpetuity. 

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The west has ordered enough vaccines to vaccinate its people many times over. Poorer countries in Africa and Asia might not get vaccines until 2014. 

I have said it before: We shouldn't let profit-driven corporations be responsible for the development and sale of critical medicines. 

Fixed 😀

• GNFNR 1